Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Get innn

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I can admit I've got a bias, but I'm glad weve got more neutral heads in here for this weekend

No s**t springs to mind (said very tongue in cheek!)

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Indeed, winning 4 races in a row, with possibly a 5th if he’s to take the title, is a case of the title being “handed to him.” 

Lets just see. The best driver in the competition will of course deserve to have gained that title over the course of the season. It’s a long old slog with many twists and turns throughout. 

Im not in here for an argument, my opinion is that Max was treated a little harsh in todays race. People will always differ in opinion because of their alliances. That’s part of the fun isn’t it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Having watched the replay of the collision between him and Lewis - I don't think so.  Lewis was faster and going to overtake (whether Verstappen was giving the place back or not is not what matters here), but just as Hamilton gets close enough to swing out and past his car slowed down and pulled across slightly to where Lewis would want to go - Verstappen is most definitely the cause of that collision and was dangerous in his driving.  With Lewis that close right behind him, he should never have changed in speed/direction like he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIB0GfHFV0c

This is exactly how it is.  "Obviously do that strategically" is one radio call in hindsight RB probably wish they hadn't used.  Well, over to the stewards.  

I thought Lewis' post race interview was very level headed.  

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This is exactly how it is.  "Obviously do that strategically" is one radio call in hindsight RB probably wish they hadn't used.  Well, over to the stewards.  

I thought Lewis' post race interview was very level headed.  

Lewis has the 'advantage' of time and experience vs Verstappen atm..  I really don't think the Red Bull team helps, though, given what we've seen from both Max and Seb while there...

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Why is it? Like I’ve said, yielding position literally means that. The margins are fine. I’ve not kept up to speed much after the race finished but was Max told to yield again the 2nd time? Or did he just do it because he knew his tyres were done. 

This has been the most exciting end to an F1 season in many years, it will only increase the viewing figures. Which is great for the sport going in to the new era next year. 

I would love Verstappen to get this championship. But if Lewis wins it in Abu Dhabi then over the course of the season you can’t deny him that victory. He’s arguably the greatest F1 driver to have ever lived, and they’ll be tough records for anyone currently on the grid to beat. 

I think it’s just one of those scenarios, which will always exist in a sport like F1, whereby every racer want the glory in every race, and they’ll go all out to achieve that every time. which makes the sport what it is in my opinion. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Having watched the replay of the collision between him and Lewis - I don't think so.  Lewis was faster and going to overtake (whether Verstappen was giving the place back or not is not what matters here), but just as Hamilton gets close enough to swing out and past his car slowed down and pulled across slightly to where Lewis would want to go - Verstappen is most definitely the cause of that collision and was dangerous in his driving.  With Lewis that close right behind him, he should never have changed in speed/direction like he did.

The confusion is caused by the race director, you always tell the team that are benefiting from it first so they should have told Mercedes before Red Bull, I’ll be interested to see how much time there was between Red Bull being told and Mercedes being told as Mercedes have claimed in team radio broadcasted they was being told as the accident happen 

I’m not in favour of either driver but I think it’s a bit harsh to say Max is the cause of the collision 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

The confusion is caused by the race director, you always tell the team that are benefiting from it first so they should have told Mercedes before Red Bull, I’ll be interested to see how much time there was between Red Bull being told and Mercedes being told as Mercedes have claimed in team radio broadcasted they was being told as the accident happen 

I’m not in favour of either driver but I think it’s a bit harsh to say Max is the cause of the collision 

Nope.  If Max conducted himself properly, he'd have kept his speed and direction constant and they wouldn't have collided.  Whether it was the right thing to do or not was not his decision to make.

Left him plenty of room.... 

He started over to the right but then moved back into the middle of the track once Lewis got right behind him. I think he moved over expecting Lewis to fly right by him and when he didn't his natural instincts to block kicked in and he moved back over to the left. 

Screenshot_2021-12-05-22-15-34-605_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, stix said:

Why is it? Like I’ve said, yielding position literally means that. The margins are fine. I’ve not kept up to speed much after the race finished but was Max told to yield again the 2nd time? Or did he just do it because he knew his tyres were done. 

This has been the most exciting end to an F1 season in many years, it will only increase the viewing figures. Which is great for the sport going in to the new era next year. 

I would love Verstappen to get this championship. But if Lewis wins it in Abu Dhabi then over the course of the season you can’t deny him that victory. He’s arguably the greatest F1 driver to have ever lived, and they’ll be tough records for anyone currently on the grid to beat. 

I think it’s just one of those scenarios, which will always exist in a sport like F1, whereby every racer want the glory in every race, and they’ll go all out to achieve that every time. which makes the sport what it is in my opinion. 

Max and Lewis are on completely different levels to anyone else currently. I don’t think Lewis is arguably the best ever, he is the best ever. He has done what he has done in an era of great racing drivers. Seb, Alonso, Kimi etc. Max is on his current level though, there is not a lot between them. He is going to have a great career. Hopefully though there is a rookie or two waiting in wings to give him a hard time once the baton is passed.

Brilliant season, just what F1 needed.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Left him plenty of room.... 

He started over to the right but then moved back into the middle of the track once Lewis got right behind him. I think he moved over expecting Lewis to fly right by him and when he didn't his natural instincts to block kicked in and he moved back over to the left. 

Screenshot_2021-12-05-22-15-34-605_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Yes, I've watched it back plenty and although he starts out right as soon as he begins to slow he moves central.  He then faffs about, is inconsistent with his speed, wavers to the left taking heed of his "let's do this strategically" nonsense from his radio call and that is that.  You've been given an instruction, move over and get out of the way.

Still no word yet from the stewards then.  If there wasn't a case to answer, it would be over by now.  They should throw the book at him.

19 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

He changed direction and speed just when Lewis went to overtake.  Dangerous driving, regardless of reason.

Lewis came hurtling up his backside at great speed and looked like he was going straight into the back of him.

Max isn’t a robot, he is expecting him to move over to make the pass, not drive straight through him.

Imagine looking in you mirrors and seeing that?

Look at the picture @The Bearhas put up, how much further right could he go at that point?

Not much.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

I disagree 

20 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Look at the picture @The Bearhas put up, how much further right could he go at that point?

Not much.

Almost a full cars width to his right because he has moved back to the left so much. He got spooked by Lewis not overtaking. 

The judgement is pathetic. Evidence of deliberate brake testing and causing a collision.