Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Almost a full cars width to his right because he has moved back to the left so much. He got spooked by Lewis not overtaking. 

The judgement is pathetic. Evidence of deliberate brake testing and causing a collision. 

I think the steward have bailed out the race director here. Awful decision.

He didn’t know that Hamilton was not aware, he was giving up the place. The whole misunderstanding was down to poor comms from the masi.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Lewis came hurtling up his backside at great speed and looked like he was going straight into the back of him.

Max isn’t a robot, he is expecting him to move over to make the pass, not drive straight through him.

Imagine looking in you mirrors and seeing that?

Look at the picture @The Bearhas put up, how much further right could he go at that point?

Not much.

That’s if Max could even see him in the mirrors as they are pretty pointless 

1 hour ago, stix said:

I disagree 

You didn't see what happened then - (too fast for you?)  As soon as Hamilton pulled up right behind him and then goes to pull out to pass on the left, Max's car slows more than before and pulls across to the left slightly in front, (before darting back to the right).  The fact that the FIA have now confirmed that he braked in this situation (as appeared), makes this dangerous behaviour.  Hence the 10second penalty. Lol

• Like 2

David Coulthard was a joke on commentary, first and last time I give C4 coverage a watch 

Said Bottas/Hamilton at the start under the SC/formation lap was unsporting, but Verstappen giving Hamilton the position back for one second "whether you like it or not, he did what he was told" lol berk 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

David Coulthard was a joke on commentary, first and last time I give C4 coverage a watch 

Said Bottas/Hamilton at the start under the SC/formation lap was unsporting, but Verstappen giving Hamilton the position back for one second "whether you like it or not, he did what he was told" lol berk 

Lol funny that. I can see your stripes from here 

21 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Indeed.  And Horner adamant Max had not braked heavily, lying through his teeth.  Again.

Also him pointing out whoever finishes ahead next week wins with a grin on his face.  He knows full well that is not the case.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Max and Lewis are on completely different levels to anyone else currently. I don’t think Lewis is arguably the best ever, he is the best ever. He has done what he has done in an era of great racing drivers. Seb, Alonso, Kimi etc. Max is on his current level though, there is not a lot between them. He is going to have a great career. Hopefully though there is a rookie or two waiting in wings to give him a hard time once the baton is passed.

Brilliant season, just what F1 needed.

Doesn't need rookies, Leclerc will hopefully be challenging Max and Lewis next season if Ferrari catch up as predicted.

I don't think Leclerc is really that far behind Hamilton and Verstappen in terms of ability and would be challenging them with the same quality of car.

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Lewis came hurtling up his backside at great speed and looked like he was going straight into the back of him.

Max isn’t a robot, he is expecting him to move over to make the pass, not drive straight through him.

Imagine looking in you mirrors and seeing that?

Look at the picture @The Bearhas put up, how much further right could he go at that point?

Not much.

....have "TRUMP 2024" emblazoned onto his helmet? :ph34r:

But in all seriousness, was certainly a good race for entertainment value, and FWIW I do hope Lewis wins next week and takes the championship. He's setting records that it will be very difficult for anyone to beat and as you said, I don't think there's an argument that he's the best ever.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

FF4NGTsXsAkfEpj.jpg

Unbelievable.

A 2.4g deceleration is only worthy of an immaterial 10 second penalty?  

Bunch of jokers.

Hahahahaha that reason is hilarious, they've basically put blame on both drivers yet wont put any responsibility on the golden boy. 2.4g is **** all in terms of formula 1 and as already established he slowed down to let him past lol

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

10 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hahahahaha that reason is hilarious, they've basically put blame on both drivers yet wont put any responsibility on the golden boy.

Which One is Golden boy, you so obviously hate....

I am an F1 fan First and foremost...I like both Verstappen & Hamilton...

What I Dont like and there is no Need are for fans to Take sides in every incident for their Own bias Agenda

..All Media platforms to Spice it up, by Stirring the personal-shit... This is a sport where life is on the line & no fan understands the reactions & Nano-seconds

involved...

We have Two Great racers...."The Champion" with all his experience has nothing to prove....The challenger with all an Upstarts audacity rightly wanting to

Take the & his First crown... Hornner & Wolf have Made themselves Too important over the actual races, & have been totally imature,where they should

actually mind their Own God Damn business....& Let the stewards settle infringments....Because One Thing is for sure..The fans know fcuk-all..

They Just have Petulant Bias opinions...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

So you can be a complete donkey and crash into the back of someone and not get a penalty? Should have been a 10-second-stop-and-go like Seb had in Baku.

If Hamilton does get smashed out at turn 1 in Abu Dhabi it would be all he deserved because of a) him doing the same at Silverstone and b) the ridiculous bias Hamilton gets from the stewards.

Hamilton obviously the favourite for the title with the rocket ship otherwise so it would make sense. 100% Bottas would “have another brain fart” and go bowling if it was Lewis who led on race wins and the Red Bull was faster.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Doesn't need rookies, Leclerc will hopefully be challenging Max and Lewis next season if Ferrari catch up as predicted.

I don't think Leclerc is really that far behind Hamilton and Verstappen in terms of ability and would be challenging them with the same quality of car.

And don’t forget Russell too. He’ll be at least as quick as Hamilton over the season as long as he isn’t forced to gift him wins. 

• Like 1

I cant stand Hamilton and have been routing for Verstappen all year and hope he wins next weekend but he really does push the limits of legal racing. 

That's partly why he is so great to watch but overtaking off track is just cheating really and brake checking someone just ain't on.  The whole thing could have been avoided if the Masi had told Mercedez first and then told RedBull.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

I cant stand Hamilton and have been routing for Verstappen all year and hope he wins next weekend but he really does push the limits of legal racing. 

That's partly why he is so great to watch but overtaking off track is just cheating really and brake checking someone just ain't on.  The whole thing could have been avoided if the Masi had told Mercedez first and then told RedBull.

Really agree with you here, he's exciting to watch with the way he drives and the risks he takes which does add some spice to races that are sometimes dull. But you're right he is pushing things too far this season with some of his actions with the potential to cause someone some harm. 

I'd like Hamilton to win, but I'd like it decided through actual racing, rather than people pushing things too far 

59 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

All the teams can hear each others team radios and fia instructions, so mercedes would have known at the same time as redbull what was happening.

48 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

All the teams can hear each others team radios and fia instructions, so mercedes would have known at the same time as redbull what was happening.

Of course but the message has got to come from Masi.  I suspect Hamilton had worked out what was going on and it was shenanigans of  not wanting to get to the DRS line first more then anything but if Hamilton hadn't been given the message from his team its pretty easy for him to say i dont know whats going on  i thought it could have been a virtual safety car etc.