Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Max is racing on the edge. F! drivers have to be like this to be successful. lewis was more petulant (and braver) when he was younger. but experience dulls the excess risk taking and over a season, probably balances out and generally gives you a better chance of accumulating more points.  

i'm not too bothered about who wins next week but i want it to be down to driving ability and a combination of brilliant and brave driving.  i suspect that max's approach will be that he will take lots of risks because if he manages to stay the right side of any penalties, an accident which takes both of them out mean max wins the title. lewis will back out of any possible contact because he cant afford a DNF.  

7 hours ago, Asha said:

So you can be a complete donkey and crash into the back of someone and not get a penalty? Should have been a 10-second-stop-and-go like Seb had in Baku.

If Hamilton does get smashed out at turn 1 in Abu Dhabi it would be all he deserved because of a) him doing the same at Silverstone and b) the ridiculous bias Hamilton gets from the stewards.

Hamilton obviously the favourite for the title with the rocket ship otherwise so it would make sense. 100% Bottas would “have another brain fart” and go bowling if it was Lewis who led on race wins and the Red Bull was faster.

Hamilton and Mercedes are no angels, but Max and Red Bull have been playing dirty for years now. They feel utterly desperate this year in particular - probably because they'll be playing catch up again with the new rules next year.

As a neutral, Max has been without doubt the more reckless and inconsiderate driver of the two. Hamilton should be reprimanded for his move into the last corner forcing Max wide, which clearly was retribution, but Hamitlon is right that Red Bull and the race directors were throwing curve balls constantly.

Max is right that it's all about penalties and not enough about racing, but he and his team are one of the main culprits of it being so. They're throwing so many stones in that glass house.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Which One is Golden boy, you so obviously hate....

I am an F1 fan First and foremost...I like both Verstappen & Hamilton...

What I Dont like and there is no Need are for fans to Take sides in every incident for their Own bias Agenda

..All Media platforms to Spice it up, by Stirring the personal-shit... This is a sport where life is on the line & no fan understands the reactions & Nano-seconds

involved...

We have Two Great racers...."The Champion" with all his experience has nothing to prove....The challenger with all an Upstarts audacity rightly wanting to

Take the & his First crown... Hornner & Wolf have Made themselves Too important over the actual races, & have been totally imature,where they should

actually mind their Own God Damn business....& Let the stewards settle infringments....Because One Thing is for sure..The fans know fcuk-all..

They Just have Petulant Bias opinions...

Look I agree I think both sides boiling points and it has been quite toxic, I completely avoid social media in this regard. However I do think the way race control have managed the past few races has helped put fuel on the fire and that's for both sides

Looking at the all the incidents objectively, Max is rash and exciting which is why he's so liked, he's pushed the limits a lot lately and I think that's purely because the Merc is now without doubt the better car. The second restart is why a lot love Max, very cheeky but nobody would have the stones to pull that off. 

The five second penalty for me is harsh, if the Brazil incident wasn't a penalty then that isn't, again no consistency from race control in that regard. The Brazil one was definitely him pushing him off the track, it's clear on this one he went too deep locked up and it was hard racing. Again feels very much like race control are trying to protect the finale rather than the integrity of the sport

The brake check, a lot of impartial people and everyone agrees it was partly miscommunication but also both trying to get the DRS, I don't buy the idea Lewis didn't know what was happening cause if Max did have an issue why would he go straight in behind him? Either way, shouldn't be a penalty and the penalty dished out ultimately doesn't matter so there's no real point getting rattled by it.

I think the race overall hasn't reflected well on race control and it did feel like a complete farce, whether that's because of the track being rushed or any other circumstances it certainly was very bittersweet viewing off the back of what was one of the best qualifying days of the season

Oh yeah and obviously the first red flag tool far too long to display

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Look I agree I think both sides boiling points and it has been quite toxic, I completely avoid social media in this regard. However I do think the way race control have managed the past few races has helped put fuel on the fire and that's for both sides

Looking at the all the incidents objectively, Max is rash and exciting which is why he's so liked, he's pushed the limits a lot lately and I think that's purely because the Merc is now without doubt the better car. The second restart is why a lot love Max, very cheeky but nobody would have the stones to pull that off. 

The five second penalty for me is harsh, if the Brazil incident wasn't a penalty then that isn't, again no consistency from race control in that regard. The Brazil one was definitely him pushing him off the track, it's clear on this one he went too deep locked up and it was hard racing. Again feels very much like race control are trying to protect the finale rather than the integrity of the sport

The brake check, a lot of impartial people and everyone agrees it was partly miscommunication but also both trying to get the DRS, I don't buy the idea Lewis didn't know what was happening cause if Max did have an issue why would he go straight in behind him? Either way, shouldn't be a penalty and the penalty dished out ultimately doesn't matter so there's no real point getting rattled by it.

I think the race overall hasn't reflected well on race control and it did feel like a complete farce, whether that's because of the track being rushed or any other circumstances it certainly was very bittersweet viewing off the back of what was one of the best qualifying days of the season

Oh yeah and obviously the first red flag tool far too long to display

Yep...& The amazing Thing is...Verstappen is todays  little Jack Russel snapping at the big boys ankles, before doing the same thing it was A young Hamilton..

Sterling Moss, Clark, Fitipaldi,Senna, Prost, etc, etc

Plus a list of other forgotten names that did the snapping ,but only drove along and around the Holy grail...

I must say managers have always been an arse ache, but Horner as took it it to Another petulant irritating level & Wölfe has joined to create a cynical Merry go round, that the Bias fans Jump on...

Been lurking for a good 24 hours in this thread and it’s almost like a Messi vs Ronaldo debate on social media! Quite fascinating to see the reach that F1 has had this season and it bodes really well for the sport going into the new regulations from next season. Hopefully next season will serve up similar drama.

Regarding the title fight this season, I’m pretty much neutral. If Max wins, great. He’s the most exciting talent we’ve seen for years and he’s been excellent this season. If Lewis wins, great. He gets his eighth, probably the one he’s had to fight for the most, and he goes one better than Schumacher the cheat.

In terms of yesterday’s race, I think this thread has covered pretty much everything worth discussing, but I do think that those saying Max made a super ballsy move on the second restart are ignoring that there’s absolutely no chance he’d make that move if he’s not in the position he’s in in terms of the championship. He knows that if he tries something, Lewis has to back out. So if there’s the tiniest gap where his car fits, he’s gonna send it. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s ballsy in this context, but it’s goddamn entertaining nonetheless.. 

And back to lurking 👀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Been lurking for a good 24 hours in this thread and it’s almost like a Messi vs Ronaldo debate on social media! Quite fascinating to see the reach that F1 has had this season and it bodes really well for the sport going into the new regulations from next season. Hopefully next season will serve up similar drama.

Regarding the title fight this season, I’m pretty much neutral. If Max wins, great. He’s the most exciting talent we’ve seen for years and he’s been excellent this season. If Lewis wins, great. He gets his eighth, probably the one he’s had to fight for the most, and he goes one better than Schumacher the cheat.

In terms of yesterday’s race, I think this thread has covered pretty much everything worth discussing, but I do think that those saying Max made a super ballsy move on the second restart are ignoring that there’s absolutely no chance he’d make that move if he’s not in the position he’s in in terms of the championship. He knows that if he tries something, Lewis has to back out. So if there’s the tiniest gap where his car fits, he’s gonna send it. I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s ballsy in this context, but it’s goddamn entertaining nonetheless.. 

And back to lurking 👀

Yeah I must admit I fell out of love for following F1 the last couple of years, just due to it being so boring and one sided but glad I started watching towards the end of last season/ start of this one. It really has been an unreal campaign and for it all to come down to the last really is something special. 

It’s all over if Max gets pole however as he won’t let Lewis past no matter what he has to do to stop it from happening lol 

Hopefully next year lives up to the hype as well with more constructors appearing to want to make it more competitive. 

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

And back to lurking 👀

One says it's ballsy or brilliant, another says it's reckless or disrespectful.

I'm in the latter camp. Verstappen is obviously very talented and super fast, but he's also acting as if he's entitled to more or less everything. He is by far the biggest moaner and aggressive driver on the grid - you just have to listen to his radios over the course of a weekend.

I see similarities to Maldonado by which I mean he's dangerous with his never-yield approach and lack of respect for others.

1 hour ago, shen said:

I'm in the latter camp. Verstappen is obviously very talented and super fast, but he's also acting as if he's entitled to more or less everything. He is by far the biggest moaner and aggressive driver on the grid - you just have to listen to his radios over the course of a weekend.

I see similarities to Maldonado by which I mean he's dangerous with his never-yield approach and lack of respect for others.

If he made that move like 3 years ago and 6 races into the season when he's not in a title fight, you don't really pay attention to it. It's just very unusual driving for somebody with the situation he was in. I swear you could barely fit 2 cars around T1/2 let alone 3 as he knew he was making it. 

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

If he made that move like 3 years ago and 6 races into the season when he's not in a title fight, you don't really pay attention to it. It's just very unusual driving for somebody with the situation he was in. I swear you could barely fit 2 cars around T1/2 let alone 3 as he knew he was making it. 

I'm not necessarily a Hamilton fan, but when he has to contend with a driver like Max, my admiration goes up. It's impressive how he can keep a cool head and save his car AND race fast with the bucket of spanners being lobbed at him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, shen said:

I would argue Hamilton is just as a much a moaner and whiner as Verstappen tbh.  Him moaning about the red flag for example.  Its a stupid rule but he has benefited from it in the past.  I think that this competitiveness and will to win is what makes him and the all the top drivers what they are.  I think unfortunately you have to be a nob to be a top sportsman to be honest

• Like 2

I've just watched the Saudi highlights and my only conclusion from it is that max is an absolute lunatic, after watching that there can be no doubt he will win the title unless the stewards take it off him because there is no way Lewis can finish ahead of him, if they go near each other I fully expect Max to drive in to him. 

• Like 1

Max was a real breath of fresh air and his gutsy driving was a joy to behold ..  now however he has crossed the line imo into recklessness territory and crashing into Lewis will be a strong possibility on Sunday as others have said ...  (Remember Suzuka 1990 with Senna and Prost).  Those that try and put it all down to youthful exuberance are looking through Orange tinted glasses ...   Max is now a fully fledged danger man and will will stop at nothing to stay ahead ....    even his own race engineer said  "Max you didn't need to do that" when he hit the brakes in Saudi.  It is now ingrained.

During all this my respect for Hamilton has grown and he has displayed a lot of maturity during the season  ...  and some fantastic driving in what has been (overall) a slower car.  Anyway ..   fingers crossed we will be in for an absolute classic in Abu Dhabi ...   and may the BEST man win !!

9 minutes ago, Asha said:

In many ways Max is a lot like Ayrton Senna was. In the way he drives, and his no nonsense attitude.

Isn't it fascinating then that Hamilton is so critical of Max's behaviour, yet idolised Senna?

I'm not so sure he is a lot like Senna ...   when Senna was driving the chances of being badly injured or dying was much much greater.  Senna drove to the limit but always within his ability and with regard to his and others safety.  Max doesn't imo.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'm not so sure he is a lot like Senna ...   when Senna was driving the chances of being badly injured or dying was much much greater.  Senna drove to the limit but always within his ability and with regard to his and others safety.  Max doesn't imo.  

Let's not look with rose tinted glasses, man literally took man out full speed to win a title