Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Watching the Senna film it was clear that he did genuinely care about the safety of his fellow drivers. Although it's a much different (and safer) sport now, I'm not sure Max is that arsed about anyone but himself.

Bit like Schumacher then. 

Saw quite a lot of natter on Twitter regarding Mercedes fitting a new engine for the race.  Granted this was all chat, and not based on anything, but got me wondering if that might not be the worse idea in the world.  Saw in Brazil the damage that car can do from new and there is probably some merit in giving Max something a wide berth in the early stages of the GP and trying to win it on strategy.  Guess you can change the ICE following practice to get a feel for the relative performance and go from there.

The current one is only two races old. They switched it out for Qatar specifically to save it for Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. 

It's too risky to start from 11th with a new engine when you know you have to beat him. Plenty of stuff that can go wrong getting caught up in a first corner incident or in the middle of the field making your way through. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The current one is only two races old. They switched it out for Qatar specifically to save it for Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. 

It's too risky to start from 11th with a new engine when you know you have to beat him. Plenty of stuff that can go wrong getting caught up in a first corner incident or in the middle of the field making your way through. 

Only 5 for just the ICE part which suffers the most degradation. Might be safer in the back than alongside Max! 

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Good point - think the race starts at 1 though so you can catch the first half an hour or so!

Might be over by then..

Our game might be postponed due to covid🤣🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is why I can no longer get behind him and haven't been able to for a while, the man doesn't think he's done anything wrong, so will continue to do the same things. Eventually he's going to cause a serious accident, I genuinely believe that if he doesn't accept some portion of the blame and look to improve or change some of his habits.

21 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is why I can no longer get behind him and haven't been able to for a while, the man doesn't think he's done anything wrong, so will continue to do the same things. Eventually he's going to cause a serious accident, I genuinely believe that if he doesn't accept some portion of the blame and look to improve or change some of his habits.

I think Horner is the wrong boss for Max. Horner is delusional, can't take blame or criticism and can't praise the opposition on anything. He's a sore loser. He fuels this petulant side of Max, he enables the "I can do no wrong" attitude. Due to Max's own personality, him coupled with Horner is a recipe for disaster. He needs to get away from him of he wants to grow as not only a person but a driver too.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think Horner is the wrong boss for Max. Horner is delusional, can't take blame or criticism and can't praise the opposition on anyway. He's a sore loser. He fuels this petulant side of Max, he enables the "I can do no wrong" attitude. Due to Max's own personality, him coupled with Horner is a recipe for disaster. He needs to get away from him of he wants to grow as not only a person but a driver too.

Do you think there is a world where Max doesn’t drive for Redbull? Interesting that nobody seems to explore this. 

16 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Do you think there is a world where Max doesn’t drive for Redbull? Interesting that nobody seems to explore this. 

Similar to Lewis at Mercedes, seemed implausible he'd ever leave given the support they gave him in his early career.  Max could go where he wants and if he sees Red Bull going backwards, or a team potentially having a dominant period, I could see him going.

22 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m not particularly knowledgeable about F1 but to those who are interested in it how would the title race be looking if Hamilton had been driving for Red Bull and Verstappen  for Mercedes this season ? 

I doubt they would be level on points going into the last race but it would still be close, had Russell been the other Merc driver I think would have been the bigger difference, he looks good enough to take wins off of both of them in a better car

Edited by Jimmy
  • Thanks 1