Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Bahrain - RBR

Imola - Close but RBR

Portugal - Merc

Spain - Merc

Monaco - RBR

Baku - RBR

France - RBR

Austria - RBR

Austria - RBR

Britain - Close but Merc

Hungary - Merc

Belgium - N/A

Holland - Close but RBR

Italy - Merc

Russia - Merc

Turkey - Merc

USA - Close but RBR

Mexico - RBR

Brazil - Merc

Qatar - Merc

Saudi Arabia - Close but Merc

Merc 8 and 2 close

RBR 8 and 3 close

Think the late swing to Mercedes makes it overall a well balanced season. For those out there who say add 25 points to Max because of Baku then you can give Hamilton his 15 back because his lock up at the restart would never have happened without Max's crash. They've both been responsible once each for wiping the other out, Hamilton obviously the more fortunate at being able to carry on at Silverstone. You can see mid-late season where Merc had the stronger car but weren't able to make the most of it with Hamilton taking his grid drop in Turkey, being in a lose-lose situation at the start of Hungary with all the tyre switchers, and obviously Monza. Max obviously was also unfortunate in Hungary. I think Max has had probably less go wrong this season but when it has gone wrong its cost him a lot of points. Hamilton has had unlucky moments and grid drops but also a fair bit of luck to probably wipe those out (Imola red flag is a stand out). When it comes to comfortable wins I'd say Max has had way more (Imola, Monaco, Austria x2, Belgium, Mexico) as opposed to Hamilton in Portugal, Spain & Qatar and even then I recall him having to do overtaking in Portugal/Spain.

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m not particularly knowledgeable about F1 but to those who are interested in it how would the title race be looking if Hamilton had been driving for Red Bull and Verstappen  for Mercedes this season ? 

Tough to say tbh, both cars are very much built around both's driving style, I think Hamilton would struggle more in the Redbull than Max in the Merc based on the amount of people who have struggled in that second seat since Ricciardo left. The balance has been somewhat there, but Hamilton has had the much better rub of the green

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tough to say tbh, both cars are very much built around both's driving style, I think Hamilton would struggle more in the Redbull than Max in the Merc based on the amount of people who have struggled in that second seat since Ricciardo left. The balance has been somewhat there, but Hamilton has had the much better rub of the green

I agree with you, the only other indicating factor is when George Russell drove for Mercedes, he was in a car he could barely fit in he didn’t know how to use the “extras” on the car and without Mercedes mistakes he would have probably won the race

I don’t see someone getting into a Red Bull for one race and being competitive 

6 minutes ago, Asha said:

Whatever happens it’s been a hell of a season, definitely the best since 2012. Hopefully we see more close battles next season and not one team dominating again (unless it’s Ferrari). 

It'd be nice to see the fezzers challenging again. Personally I'd like to see MacLaren going at it again. All depends on how each team manipulates the new rules to their advantage 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Redbulls going soft mercs mediums then, this should.make it very tasty

Button was suggesting they'd do that as they need to be leading to have a hope. Seems a nailed on two stop race too so will be interesting. 

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Redbulls going soft mercs mediums then, this should.make it very tasty

9 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Button was suggesting they'd do that as they need to be leading to have a hope. Seems a nailed on two stop race too so will be interesting. 

this guarantees that Hamilton and verstappen have to have contact racing tomorrow 

Lewis would have been hoping to get pole and not see max for the entirety of the race ……. Now max will have the opportunity to make contact if he feels the need …..it certainly spices things up! 

EDIT: or not ! 

Edited by st albans fox