Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

1 minute ago, Asha said:

Mediums at the start is the best strategy though no? Seemed like Red Bull wanted the mediums but Max flat spotted them so had to go for the softs to improve his time and bin that set off. 

Perfectly poised though!

Definitley but tyre wear isnt horrendous round here usually? It depends how much the alterations have effected the overtaking cause if this was last year max could just set the pace and keep Lewis behind him 

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

Mediums at the start is the best strategy though no? Seemed like Red Bull wanted the mediums but Max flat spotted them so had to go for the softs to improve his time and bin that set off. 

Perfectly poised though!

Two stop race as tyre deg is quite high I thought (else it wouldn't be a two stop race) but that's the same for mediums too. Guess the only issue is making sure the softs last long enough to be a stop ahead of the field on hard/mediums. Max will be going like **** off a shovel to get that 25 sec gap or whatever it is. Bottas qualifying performance strategic..:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

It'd be nice to see the fezzers challenging again. Personally I'd like to see MacLaren going at it again. All depends on how each team manipulates the new rules to their advantage 

I definitely think Leclerc has been consistently the 3rd best driver over the past 2 or 3 drivers and he's the driver I genuinely think would be challenging Hamilton and Verstappen with an equally as quick car. Norris could be in a few years too but I dint think he has the consistency yet which is understandable at his age.

I am hoping the new regulations next season will see Ferrari and McCartney catch up and I have heard a couple of podcasts and YouTube suggest that Leclerc could be a good outside bet to win it next season but we'll see.

Part of me thinks Red Bull have gone all in this season and so Mercedes will run away with it next season.

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

?????????? 

He was quicker all weekend up to the final qualifying tbf and you can argue Hamilton has the advantage on the preferred tyres.

I know you keep trying to push the narrative that it will be a "bottle job" if Red Bull lose but the reason no one keeps biting is that that's obviously not the case.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He was quicker all weekend up to the final qualifying tbf and you can argue Hamilton has the advantage on the preferred tyres.

I know you keep trying to push the narrative that it will be a "bottle job" if Red Bull lose but the reason no one keeps biting is that that's obviously not the case.

Clearly then you're unaware that they usually show their true hand in Q2/3, both did their fastest laps of the weekend in Q3. Both drivers have been on it virtually every time in qualifying this season, if a car has a near 4 tenth advantage then I think its safe to say they have the speed advantage to go with it. If not then it's a shame Hamilton went in to Q3 thinking it was P3 instead. 

"Unfortunately, we don’t have anybody policing this. [The] Race Director is too soft. If you let us play with the outlaps, it’s always going to be a mess.We need a referee to protect us, and at the moment, we don’t have it. Then on the traffic itself, McLaren’s fault, the team or driver whatever. Even if there’s a lot of traffic on the outlap, you need to move when a fast car is coming. He didn’t move.”

Alonso spot on tbh, this has been by far the worse year for this 

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It'll be interesting to see how long Max can make the Softs last. If they can't go too far  then Lewis will just offset his pit-stops and stick Softs on at the end for a really fast stint to the end. It'll mean that he has to overtake him on track though. 

Toto hinted at an aggressive undercut which I think could be the best bet for them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I definitely think Leclerc has been consistently the 3rd best driver over the past 2 or 3 drivers and he's the driver I genuinely think would be challenging Hamilton and Verstappen with an equally as quick car. Norris could be in a few years too but I dint think he has the consistency yet which is understandable at his age.

I am hoping the new regulations next season will see Ferrari and McCartney catch up and I have heard a couple of podcasts and YouTube suggest that Leclerc could be a good outside bet to win it next season but we'll see.

Part of me thinks Red Bull have gone all in this season and so Mercedes will run away with it next season.

I've been thinking the same on Red Bull for a while. With everyone doing a rollover, this was their ideal opportunity to deliver a title to Max, which is all Horner is bothered about.

It's also meant that the second car is essentially built to Verstappens spec, which is why that second seat has been a poison chalice to anyone who has took it on 

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Toto hinted at an aggressive undercut which I think could be the best bet for them

I did think that. 

They wait until Max's tyres start going off then they jump in ahead of him and push like hell hoping he loses enough time to still be ahead when he makes his stop. 

Risky though. They get no control of what traffic they come out in. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did think that. 

They wait until Max's tyres start going off then they jump in ahead of him and push like he'll hoping he loses enough time to still be ahead when he makes his stop. 

Risky though. They get no control of what traffic they come out in. 

That's true but I think with the traffic it's not a case of Max being to hold out much longer by the time they strike, also need to look at how the gaps will be as well. 

It's also difficult to tell because if this was last year then I think the aggressive undercut wouldve been slap bang the one to go with, but the alterations to the track we're not 100% sure on how wheel to wheel racing will work here, as this track has always been in the Monaco & Hungary category in protecting track position.

Be very interesting if we get a safety car too, which with the track looking a lot faster could well be on the cards.