Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Former Player Remembers: Muzzy Izzet

I'll always say it but Muzzy remains the scorer of the greatest City goal I've ever seen live... that overhead kick at Grimsby...

All the other players spoke/speak so highly of him and how he could have got in any side. He'd still get in our side today. A true box to box midfielder. 

Must say the goal at Elland Road in 03/04 is also a favourite of mine from Izzet, which is on this superb collection...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I know football is often about nostalgia and that you can get blinded by the longing for days gone by but he really was some player. One of my all time favourites and a hero growing up. That MON team still holds a special place in my heart. And Muzzy was a class act.

He got 14 assists in a single Premier League season which is astonishing and probably more than any of our current players will ever get. In fact it’s more than Mahrez got in the title winning season. Legend. X 

• Like 1

Could you imagine Muzzy playing under Brendan Rodgers? He'd turn him into a superstar because he had a lot of natural talent.

I even think Muzzy would have got into our 15/16 team... he could have played in either Drinkwater's position or perhaps more likely in Okazaki's role as Shinji was more of a CAM when we were off the ball.

Pre Vardy, Muzzy was my favourite ever Leicester player. He was pure class on the pitch, a thoroughly decent bloke and loved the club. If you haven't seen it, he even presented the trophy to the competition winner who gave Wes and Ranieri the trophy in 15/16!

36 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I can remember when we first signed him and a lot of fans were questioning why we were signing a Chelsea nobody who couldn’t  get a game. Didn’t turn out too badly absolutely lovely player to watch 

Muzzy who?

As Mrs G often reminds

• Like 1