Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

I'd imagine all clubs are monitoring potential managers in case a vacancy ever arises. If this chap is successful (never heard of him personally) it makes sense that we're keeping an eye on him.

• Like 1

This summer is massive. Two years on the trot we've started well and then struggled because the talent in our squad isn't good enough. If we're serious about hanging around the top 6 we need to splash some serious cash this summer and bring in 5 or 6 quality players. There's going to be plenty of game time to go around.

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The key word is 'could' be LCFC or Leeds, not 'definitely'.

Also 'claiming' doesn't sound very convincing, either.

So likely an article based on no hard evidence imo..

The guy whose twitter they are referring to, is pretty specific about it being Leicester and Leeds

"Rúben Amorim is already in the eyes of the Premier League. The evolution of the Portuguese at Sporting is closely followed by Leeds and Leicester, since Marcelo Bielsa has not yet defined his contract and Brendan Rodgers is valued (chance to leave for a more powerful club)"

• Thanks 1

On 27/02/2021 at 17:26, moore_94 said:

Signed Scott Sinclair from Chelsea for Swansea and eventually got him up at Celtic, Kolo Toure for both Liverpool and Celtic, took Joe Allen from Swansea to Liverpool, signed loads of Chelsea players when he was Watford, Reading and Swansea

He certainly doesn't shy away from signing players from his old clubs if he can

You're absolutely correct. Just remember most of those coming in his first season of management with the exception of Toure who only lasted 1 year at Celtic (till he was on the coaching track). I'm not convinced about Edouard. We'll see what happens in the summer......Like it was yesterday:)

Edited by SO1

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This summer is massive. Two years on the trot we've started well and then struggled because the talent in our squad isn't good enough. If we're serious about hanging around the top 6 we need to splash some serious cash this summer and bring in 5 or 6 quality players. There's going to be plenty of game time to go around.

I don't think we need that many. I think 3 would do. We just need to be able to rotate the midfield and forwards so that we're not running the best ones into the ground like we have to now. I think we should be looking at getting in an extra CM, a winger and a striker in the summer. I think the defence already has good depth, and I expect KDH will be part of the squad next season. Sowah could be, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

You're absolutely correct. Just remember most of those coming in his first season of management with the exception of Toure who only lasted 1 year at Celtic (till he was on the coaching track). I'm not convinced about Edouard. We'll see what happens in the summer......Like it was yesterday:)

Aww man I loved Sinclair! Even his song was amazing!

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We firstly need to recognise that the injury prone nature of this bizarre season will not be a new normal, and that things will be more or less as before (in football terms), our position now would look much more secure without further personnel and less or no injuries.

Recruit where we need to. Winger, striker, AM, bid a fond farewell to our retiring soldiers.

Win the CL. :scarf:

Don't forget a number of the squad will be off to play in the Euros this summer, so they'll be fitness and injury issues again next season due to this, but hopefully nowhere near as many as this.

What about Emiliano Buendia from Norwich. He's tearing up the championship with 9 goals and 10 assists and only 24 years old. I heard that the Norwich suits put a 40M valuation on him and wouldn't consider anything less when Arsenal were interested in January. 

Only 1 goal but 7 assists last season in a relegated Norwich side. Nothing outstanding but not too shabby either considering the circumstances.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't forget a number of the squad will be off to play in the Euros this summer, so they'll be fitness and injury issues again next season due to this, but hopefully nowhere near as many as this.

Good point, defer winning the CL until 2022 then I guess. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

What about Emiliano Buendia from Norwich. He's tearing up the championship with 9 goals and 10 assists and only 24 years old. I heard that the Norwich suits put a 40M valuation on him and wouldn't consider anything less when Arsenal were interested in January. 

Only 1 goal but 7 assists last season in a relegated Norwich side. Nothing outstanding but not too shabby either considering the circumstances.

I'd wondered about his team-mate, Teemu Pukki, a very good Finn-isher! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Aww man I loved Sinclair! Even his song was amazing!

WOW! Now that's what I call support. Marching to battle :) They don't show that on TV.

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

We have just lost one league game against an in form arsenal.. at least give it a few games before declaring that “we’ve struggled”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

We have just lost one league game against an in form arsenal.. at least give it a few games before declaring that “we’ve struggled”

Before they played us they had won four in the last 10 games..... In what world is that "in form"? 

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Before they played us they had won four in the last 10 games..... In what world is that "in form"? 

Okay maybe I was slightly wrong to use “in form” but my point still stands. We have lost one league game, not a few in succession 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psychonaut said:

...perhaps the boat has sailed with this one!!!

We have discussed him in prior windows and the consensus was, that he was not good enough for us going forward. We are not going to splash £40m for him as KDH will be back and if Tavares excels then we have more than enough cover to meet our needs. Youri cost us £40m and Madders cost us £25m, with limited finance we will be focusing on Free Transfers, we could not afford to have someone on the bench at that price.

Now if we sold Madders for say £80m then we might consider a deal but there is a player called Jean Pyerre 22 years old who would be much cheaper and can play the #8 or #10 role

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps the boat has sailed with this one!!!

We have discussed him in prior windows and the consensus was, that he was not good enough for us going forward. We are not going to splash £40m for him as KDH will be back and if Tavares excels then we have more than enough cover to meet our needs. Youri cost us £40m and Madders cost us £25m, with limited finance we will be focusing on Free Transfers, we could not afford to have someone on the bench at that price.

Now if we sold Madders for say £80m then we might consider a deal but there is a player called Jean Pyerre 22 years old who would be much cheaper and can play the #8 or #10 role

I'm confused.... are you talking about a different Buendia because the one at Norwich plays predominantly on the RW....

Schlupp’s on a free at the end of the season.

Bring the trodden-on-toothpaste tube back? Heard he still has a small property empire in North Leicestershire with ex-conquests house sitting.

Edited by ScrumpyJack

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm confused.... are you talking about a different Buendia because the one at Norwich plays predominantly on the RW....

...if you check Wikipedia it says he is an attacking midfielder,  who can play on the right!!!

If you go to Transfer market it says all his games are as a RW but looking at his videos he is very  central, orchestrating their play.

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if you check Wikipedia it says he is an attacking midfielder,  who can play on the right!!!

If you go to Transfer market it says all his games are as a RW but looking at his videos he is very  central, orchestrating their play.

That's correct. A friend who is a big Norwich fan says he's so good he's allowed to play where he ****ing likes!

He's been following them for over 30 years and has seen some cracking players down at Carrow Road and is a good judge. Reckons Buendia is comfortably from a talent perspective in the top 5 players he's witnessed play for them during that time. 

16 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

That's correct. A friend who is a big Norwich fan says he's so good he's allowed to play where he ****ing likes!

He's been following them for over 30 years and has seen some cracking players down at Carrow Road and is a good judge. Reckons Buendia is comfortably from a talent perspective in the top 5 players he's witnessed play for them during that time. 

.. he did not pull up many trees in the Premiership!!!

If we played him as a RW he would have to hold his position as he would be taking up Tielemans or Madders space should he choose to drift centrally. Someone from the midfield would have to cover the space he vacates.

Just going by the YouTube videos, he does directs the play well and no doubt be adequate backup for our team. Norwich would be asking a premium as they are on course to bounce back and I do not see him as good value, in  market that would contain a plethora of free agents.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he did not pull up many trees in the Premiership!!!

If we played him as a RW he would have to hold his position as he would be taking up Tielemans or Madders space should he choose to drift centrally. Someone from the midfield would have to cover the space he vacates.

Just going by the YouTube videos, he does directs the play well and no doubt be adequate backup for our team. Norwich would be asking a premium as they are on course to bounce back and I do not see him as good value, in  market that would contain a plethora of free agents.

He created loads of chances if I remember correctly, got 1 goal and 7 assists too.

He'll stay at Norwich unless they fail to get promoted anyway (which I think they will), as they'll be asking for a fortune for him, especially with 3 years left on his contract.