Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

24 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Vardys game is about so much more than this, I can't believe a City fan couldn't see this

To be honest if people haven't worked that out by now then there isn't really much hope. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I spent ages on it one day, I remember I even added Glenn Murray or Ashley Barnes into the mix for a laugh and they weren't far off.

I'm about to get extremely drunk on cider, but I'll dig it out on Monday when I'm back on my work pc.

It's definitely closer in my head, I love setting myself up for a fall on here lol

Anyway, if you're reading Jamie, I love you and think you're great, I'm just not having you at the same level as Aguero, Haaland, Lewandowski and Mbappe :D

You have offered a good number of limited opinions.  Are you a Forest Fan?  

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've caught this very late but what is this based on, his PL career or the title winning season? 

Dunno but you have to look on Wikipedia to find that of all the players to score more than 100 PL goals, there’s only six with a better strike rate than Vardy!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_100_or_more_Premier_League_goals

Only Kane, Shearer, Aguero, Henry, Wright and Van Persie have a better goals to games ratio 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s easy to be skeptical of Edouard’s numbers in the SPL, but his France U-21 goal rate is bonkers.  Weak opposition?

The level of player that don't even get a gig for France U21 is equally as valid as the scoring record. They are a nation that produce so many good young players.

• Like 2

Random one to throw into the mix but was about Lucas Vasquez as a defensively minded RW. Not the Mahrezesque left footed RW we were hoping for, but has spent half the season at RB for them so should be solid defensively. 

Has bags of experience winning the champions league 3 times at Madrid, and has 9 caps for Spain, and is available on a free in the summer. 

On 05/03/2021 at 07:24, Ric Flair said:

Rubbish, as @Muzzy_Larsson pointed out a number of times that Celtic are shrewd and if the numbers made sense they'd have done the deal this January. 

Exactly this. Like I’ve said many times, Celtic would have no problem doing business with Leicester and as for Rodgers it seems his relationship with the board has got far better since he left, I’ve pointed out many examples of this.

In terms of the fans, everyone has accepted Edouard will leave and wherever he goes I doubt the fans could care less at the minute given the other myriad of problems at the club at the moment which will be the thing occupying their headspace.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Random one to throw into the mix but was about Lucas Vasquez as a defensively minded RW. Not the Mahrezesque left footed RW we were hoping for, but has spent half the season at RB for them so should be solid defensively. 

Has bags of experience winning the champions league 3 times at Madrid, and has 9 caps for Spain, and is available on a free in the summer. 

One of these players that will almost certainly flop wherever he goes after Madrid. Another Jese Rodriguez type, as much as he does a job at times for Madrid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

One of these players that will almost certainly flop wherever he goes after Madrid. Another Jese Rodriguez type, as much as he does a job at times for Madrid.

Fair enough, certainly wouldn’t be my first choice and not seen enough of him recently but saw he was available on a free if we’re short of cash. 

18 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

It's sell this summer or lose on a free the season after. 

Can anyone see him getting a new deal?

I can - BR likes the lad but knows at this club he'll be third choice - but I'd have Nacho as third choice all day long behind Vardy and Edouard.

We need three strikers for the depth required to compete in all competitions and Nacho is a pretty solid 3rd choice for me.

The question for me is if he'll sign a contract or not on non-improved wages knowing he's a squad member and he's not being given the Vardy role...

My feeling is that he might unless he can get close to 80-100 bags a week starting every week for a mid to lower table PL club and that's perhaps unlikely.

It depends whether benches are going to be extended to nine. If so, we could have all three on there and kel can get game time last twenty if we’re a couple ahead.   If benches remain at seven then I suspect we would only have one forward and that would be vards or edouard. So without an injury to one of the other two, kel would spend a lot of prem games outside the squad. 

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Dunno but you have to look on Wikipedia to find that of all the players to score more than 100 PL goals, there’s only six with a better strike rate than Vardy!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_100_or_more_Premier_League_goals

Only Kane, Shearer, Aguero, Henry, Wright and Van Persie have a better goals to games ratio 

And his shots to goals ratio was phenomenal, too.