Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Maddison injury update?

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't remember people saying that at all.  I think you just made it up but perhaps you should save the 'I told you so' posts until we've actually achieved it.  

The point is the squad is bigger, with better players, more experience, younger players maturing, with less reliance on key individuals....you may well be right, but a midfield from Tielemans, Hamza, N’didi, Albrighton, Under, Mendy, Perrera, and Barnes should in theory have enough in its locker to win tomorrow....

Although it's disappointing news, about Madders, the 6 points against Liverpool and Villa have bought us a bit more time if we do have a couple of rough results. 

Top 4 is still very much on and we still have a few returning in the next month (ish) 

4-6 points from Arsenal, Burnley and Brighton would firmly keep  us in there. 

🤞💙

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

We need to play a 3-4-3 formation until Madders is back.

Castagne and Thomas left Ric and Vontae right - of the 4.

we can play Marc, Ric or Cengo on the right wing.

I think Rodgers likes this formation, so I think it’ll be ok.

Are you suggesting this?

Schmeichel

Thomas

Soyuncu

VDC

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Barnes

Vardy

Under

If so that’s truly awful lol 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

At the risk of causing an issue, I have seen posts this season claiming Top 4 was gone. It may or may not have been after injuries, but I've seen it.

OK,  Perhaps it was after defeat because collectively we do tend to go the full Corporal Jones in those circumstances or perhaps I'm wrong and those type of posts crop up after each injury setback as @goose2010 contends, in which case I am happy to extend him an apology, but it's not my recollection.  

On a broader note and leaving this particular issue aside, attributing fictional quotes or reactions to the general mists of FT is something that presses my buttons slightly.  Rightly or wrongly I tend to see it as a form of self-aggrandisement.  ...And we all know that.

(I couldn't resist adding one of your own betes noir at the end there :))

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KFS said:

Are you suggesting this?

Schmeichel

Thomas

Soyuncu

VDC

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Barnes

Vardy

Under

If so that’s truly awful lol 

I was suggesting 3 at the back Cag, Evans, Dan 4 in midfield Ricardo, Ndidi, Youri Castagne and under, Vardy Barnes up front .

you could play Ric as one of the 3. As Brendan played him there in the last game.

Brendan likes a 3-4-3 and has played Maddison wide left in this formation. 

i don’t think it’s awful at all regardless of the emoji 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, murphy said:

OK,  Perhaps it was after defeat because collectively we do tend to go the full Corporal Jones in those circumstances or perhaps I'm wrong and those type of posts crop up after each injury setback as @goose2010 contends, in which case I am happy to extend him an apology, but it's not my recollection.  

On a broader note and leaving this particular issue aside, attributing fictional quotes or reactions to the general mists of FT is something that presses my buttons slightly.  Rightly or wrongly I tend to see it as a form of self-aggrandisement.  ...And we all know that.

(I couldn't resist adding one of your own betes noir at the end there :))

We all know that you like doing such a thing :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Should we really be moving Barnes from a position he has made his own and been absolutely flying in?

I'd prefer to keep him exactly where he is and not tinker with his position/role at all, as he has having an amazing season there!

I'd be first tempted to try Iheanacho behind Vardy, but also look to getting Under involved to give us the spark we will miss from Madders 

Exactly, I have yet to see anything from Barnes at this level where he excels with minimal space. He was good at WBA where he found a lot of space centrally but when does that ever happen in the PL with any regularity? 

I could see Barnes and Ünder playing in a 3-4-2-1 though behind Vardy with them tucking in and taking it in turns to drift in to space wide or central. The issue here is I think we're nowhere near as good with 3 at the back.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha on a side note Dembele at Celtic is related to Kolo Toure and I'd be astounded if he doesn't join us in the summer as he's refused a new deal.

Team throughout the continent will shake in fear at the arrival of Kolo's babes. It's also our transfer policy sorted for the long term.

5 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Time for the Turkish Messi to reveal himself. Come forth the chosen one.

We're missing a creative number 10 and a proven goal scorer and you just know and we'll end up playing Hamza and Albrighton with Amartey coming off the bench while Under watches on.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...turned 18 this month, open to sign an agreement with an overseas club at the moment as well!!!

Would be a bit of a no brainer to pick him up as he has stalled at Celtic and players coming through have surpassed him. His physical development is the case and if that is going to be something that can be predicted as a non issue down the line, then we need to do it.

He plays on the right and in a position we need, if we are not going after Ünder, it is an option. He has only played once this season and has been kept on the bench, even with the poor season that Celtic has had.

I'm not sure the validity of it but the word up here the last couple of months is he's agreed to join Lille. 

2 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I’d put albrighton left mid barnes in the 10 and under right mid personally 

Barnes played number 10 for a while at WBA and we could play Under and Albrighton on the wings but I doubt it will happen.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes played number 10 for a while at WBA and we could play Under and Albrighton on the wings but I doubt it will happen.

Barnes wouldn't get anywhere near the space he got in the Championship. His weakness is being crowded out and not being able to use the ball efficiently under pressure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes wouldn't get anywhere near the space he got in the Championship. His weakness is being crowded out and not being able to use the ball efficiently under pressure. 

He's got better at that. There's few other players who fit the bill. Unless we change formation

Barnes Vardy Under

Tiele   Ricardo

Ndidi

Thms Cags Evans Cstge

Looks alright actually. We'd probably start Albrighton instead of Under though...

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

He's got better at that. There's few other players who fit the bill. Unless we change formation

Barnes Vardy Under

Tiele Ndidi Ricardo

Thms Cags Evans Cstge

Looks alright actually. We'd probably start Albrighton instead of Under though...

.....poor Ünder, just can't catch a break......!!!

4-3-3 just not a good formation for us, we just do not have the right personnel, prefer natural wide men and 2 players  behind Vardy. It will have to make do and mend.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The possible relief is that some of the fixtures we have coming up are winnable without Maddison anyway but we might well have to go more direct with Vardy and Iheanacho. I do think we might be coming to the end of the road in Europe though.

I've gotta be honest, I think this year (and I mean strictly this season only) with no fans, it's a blessing in disguise.

• Like 1