Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he filled in once for 5Live as a reporter for a Derby game, if they had liked him they would have taken him, they took Charles Dagnall from RL to Test Match Special as he was great at his job

Heard him on a five live match for Villa once too, painful!

Mel Morris tried to cheat the system, even when struggling with FFP, he decided to spend big on Lampard, back him massively, then also pay big wages to Rooney to play and then took him on as manager.

Our owners were naive, when they first arrived and backed Sven. It was only after Pearson/Shakespeare/Walsh came back, that our owners learnt a hell of a lot footballing wise, and realised huge investment is unwise compared to smart investment. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 06/11/2021 at 13:44, SixtiesFox said:

What? Have you never heard the comments to which I refer? He comes out with them every time he is on air. Didn't realize a post defending Owen P A would hit such a raw nerve with the Stringer fan club. 

No nerve hit. Just calling out bullshit when I see it.

That Adrian Durham article, is one of the worst i've ever read....And I'm not even talking to the bit about Leicester.

He slags off a performance by Yaya Toure, and goes on about how much money he is paid.....

But then two paragraphs later, claims that Depay getting stick for buying a Bentley when on poor form whilst Vardy not getting any stick for buying a Bentley when on good form, is not right.....

Huh?

You've just done exactly the same thing pal.

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No nerve hit. Just calling out bullshit when I see it.

You're a strange one Teapot. It takes you a week to call out "bullshit" when you see it? Our opinions on Stringer as a broadcaster differ - end of.  

Edited by SixtiesFox

18 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he filled in once for 5Live as a reporter for a Derby game, if they had liked him they would have taken him, they took Charles Dagnall from RL to Test Match Special as he was great at his job

I remember that.He went into ultra professional mode.Probably didn’t do himself any favours.

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Caught a bit of Lineker's game show tonight by accident. One contestant came from Leicester and I'm sure he mentioned Foxes Talk during the banter. 

BTW, the Leicester contestant thought the Bermuda Triangle was in Loch Ness. :facepalm:

only because he said 'just a bit of Foxes talk' lollol 

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Caught a bit of Lineker's game show tonight by accident. One contestant came from Leicester and I'm sure he mentioned Foxes Talk during the banter. 

BTW, the Leicester contestant thought the Bermuda Triangle was in Loch Ness. :facepalm:

What a dickhead, everyone knows it’s in Area 51.

• Haha 1

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/stadiums-highbury-white-hart-lane-25457186

8 most famous defunct football stadiums - from the Boleyn Ground to Highbury

Filbert Street

Leicester City played at Filbert Street for over 100 years from 1891 until 2002

Officially known as the City Business Stadium during part of the 1990s, Leicester City played at Filbert Street for over 100 years from 1891 until 2002.

With success during the late 1990s, the club began to generate higher attendances and felt the need to move to a bigger venue than the 22,000-seater Filbert Street.

As a result, the Foxes sold their old home to move to what is now known as the King Power Stadium in 2002.

Filbert Street was demolished a year later, with accommodation for university students built on the site.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 10:08, davieG said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/stadiums-highbury-white-hart-lane-25457186

8 most famous defunct football stadiums - from the Boleyn Ground to Highbury

Filbert Street

Officially known as the City Business Stadium during part of the 1990s, Leicester City played at Filbert Street for over 100 years from 1891 until 2002.

With success during the late 1990s, the club began to generate higher attendances and felt the need to move to a bigger venue than the 22,000-seater Filbert Street.

As a result, the Foxes sold their old home to move to what is now known as the King Power Stadium in 2002.

Filbert Street was demolished a year later, with accommodation for university students built on the site.

Absolutely loved Filbert street growing up.  Give me a choice of the kp or even the soon to be new extended kp and the Filbert street i first went too, and it's no contest, it would be Filbert street every time.  I went to alot of the old grounds around the country before they were knocked down or revamped, and they were all better than the current versions.  The start of the demise of Filbert Street was when they put seats into the pop side, and called it the east stand, and the death of Filbert Street was when they seated the kop. The sad thing for an old fogie like me, who was lucky enough to be around in the days of the old Filbert Street, is that I will never get those old Filbert Street days back, and I now have to sit in sanitised soulless stadiums. 

• Like 2

Jamie Vardy’s Having a Party: Six Years on From His Scoring Run

NOV 25, 2021

GARETH BOYES

Sunday marks six years since Jamie Vardy broke the Premier League record for scoring in consecutive appearances. The Leicester City striker scored the opening goal in a 1-1 draw with Manchester United to net for a 11th successive top-flight match – a record that still stands today. We look back at the data surrounding his feat.

Read on......

https://www.theanalyst.com/eu/2021/11/jamie-vardys-having-a-party-six-years-on-from-his-scoring-run/

• Thanks 2