Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What sort of context are you looking for out of curiosity?

How they're measured, is the player actually sprinting e.g not sliding? How long is a player travelling at that speed for? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

How they're measured, is the player actually sprinting e.g not sliding? How long is a player travelling at that speed for? 

Yeah. Morgan might be rapid over ten yards but that won't do much over a twenty five yard chase against De Brunye

27 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

In hindsight I'm convinced we would have been better off signing Big Wes to a one year deal rather than sign that Danish donkey Vestergaard.

I'd also say the same about Fuchs instead of Bertrand tbh (although I guess Fuchs wanted to go)

5 hours ago, dayday said:

I’ve heard this from another player who said that Wes was the strongest CB he had ever met, cannot think of his bloody name though.

Troy Deeney

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Funny that , because looking at Wes you can see how powerful he is but Rob Huth seemed even stronger. I would back him in a wrestling match with Van Dijk any day.

Wes and Huth together were an incredible partnership for those last few months of 14/15. Putting Kante in front of them was quite literally unbeatable. That we only got one season of that team is just so ****ing cruel. 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Wes and Huth together were an incredible partnership for those last few months of 14/15. Putting Kante in front of them was quite literally unbeatable. That we only got one season of that team is just so ****ing cruel. 

And yet, we only lost Kante, didn't we?  On the one hand, if only we'd predicted Kante and brought in an adequate replacement.  On the other hand, no such thing existed at the time, nor even now. 😪

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

I'm very confident that it is sprints measured and not him going j  for a slide tackle since they can measure how many times a player sprints to jogs ect. As for the time it's just what he peaked at whilst sprinting. Maybe I'm wrong I dunno but that's what I assumed. 

I hadn't considered the slide tackle maybe involved for speed to be fair 🤔 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Actually really enjoyed this one. Sounds like he now realises he was a bit of a nob but it was at least for decent reasons in that he knew his limitations and wanted/needed a manager that would play to them. I'm sure he wasn't as calm as he makes himself sound in these stories, but people rarely portray themselves accurately in stories haha. You don't fall out with that many managers if you're not outspoken lol

Interesting to hear the thoughts on Pearson and Rodgers. Pearson clearly relied a lot on team spirit and comradery whilst not being great tactically. Rodgers absolutely unbelievable attention to detail and hard working, but also very set in his ways and bit of a weird bloke haha.

What a mess we got ourselves into with Sven. Yes Pearson wasn’t perfect and the word bully is used to describe him far too much for there not to be substance there… but goodness me what a cleanup job he did. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Actually really enjoyed this one. Sounds like he now realises he was a bit of a nob but it was at least for decent reasons in that he knew his limitations and wanted/needed a manager that would play to them. I'm sure he wasn't as calm as he makes himself sound in these stories, but people rarely portray themselves accurately in stories haha. You don't fall out with that many managers if you're not outspoken lol

Interesting to hear the thoughts on Pearson and Rodgers. Pearson clearly relied a lot on team spirit and comradery whilst not being great tactically. Rodgers absolutely unbelievable attention to detail and hard working, but also very set in his ways and bit of a weird bloke haha.

You see I never thought I could make it as a Professional Footballer. Now I realise that all I needed was a manager who would play to my limitations! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pearson kept enough of the signings Sven made, to assume the one's he didn't were binned off for a reason

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Fatt Mills again :frusty:

Certain I've heard his side of it before.

He doesn't come across as a particularly charismatic leader, which is probably why Pearson didn't fancy him as his Captain, and took to dismantling and then put a proper team together with spirit, immediately signing Wes Morgan in January 2012. Nigel was proven right how it all turned out.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Fatt Mills again :frusty:

Certain I've heard his side of it before.

He doesn't come across as a particularly charismatic leader, which is probably why Pearson didn't fancy him as his Captain, and took to dismantling and then put a proper team together with spirit, immediately signing Wes Morgan in January 2012. Nigel was proven right how it all turned out.

I could not see the point of this signing, was quite pissed off to be honest. looking back it's good to know that I'm not always wrong

33 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

You see I never thought I could make it as a Professional Footballer. Now I realise that all I needed was a manager who would play to my limitations! 

If you're 6"2+ and can head a ball and run all day then you can pretty much play pro football at some level :D

I've seen enough football to know that's the case. Mentality is a massive difference between semi-pro players and pro players, especially below the Prem.