Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

According to the Liverpool fans on social media, any mention of Jota's elbow or the two footed challenge are apparently sour grapes from us due to our time wasting and tasteless chants. The media of course have been totally silent on it.

Meanwhile even non football fans would have struggled to avoid the enormous uproar from Kane's challenge (that should have been a red right enough) on Robertson in the main news outlets all week let alone the sports sections.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

On 21/12/2021 at 16:43, Spudulike said:

Not sure where to start with this. Bad parenting? 

IMG_20211221_164128.jpg

Is that some sort of sick joke?! I mean, I have developed an interested in Ebbsfleet United as I live near to the stadium and have watched a few games but if it’s Leicester vs Ebbsfleet in an FA Cup tie then **** Ebbsfleet every time. This is horrendous parenting. 

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

According to the Liverpool fans on social media, any mention of Jota's elbow or the two footed challenge are apparently sour grapes from us due to our time wasting and tasteless chants. The media of course have been totally silent on it.

The sort of tasteless chants like the one about the Munich air crash that no Liverpool fan has ever participated in? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Is that some sort of sick joke?! I mean, I have developed an interested in Ebbsfleet United as I live near to the stadium and have watched a few games but if it’s Leicester vs Ebbsfleet in an FA Cup tie then **** Ebbsfleet every time. This is horrendous parenting. 

I am just having images of you laughing your as$ off in the home end as Leicester puts the 10th past Ebbsfleet in a 3rd round FA Cup tie, as children cry around you.

As an aside, I have a friend who is a Liverpool fan, but moved to Leicester 20-odd years ago. He bought Leicester City season tickets after his kids were born. He lived through it all, League 1, promotion, more promotion, Great Escape, Premier League title, Champions League. He went to Wembley for both the FA Cup final and the Shield. He loves Leicester City, but he is still a Liverpool fan, and was happy with yesterday's result. I hate him for it, but understand all the same.

28 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I am just having images of you laughing your as$ off in the home end as Leicester puts the 10th past Ebbsfleet in a 3rd round FA Cup tie, as children cry around you.

As an aside, I have a friend who is a Liverpool fan, but moved to Leicester 20-odd years ago. He bought Leicester City season tickets after his kids were born. He lived through it all, League 1, promotion, more promotion, Great Escape, Premier League title, Champions League. He went to Wembley for both the FA Cup final and the Shield. He loves Leicester City, but he is still a Liverpool fan, and was happy with yesterday's result. I hate him for it, but understand all the same.

My daughter married into a born and bread Liverpool fandom, my 2 grandkids are both passionate Liverpool fans, sometimes life is so hard. (not really compared to some).

56 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

The sort of tasteless chants like the one about the Munich air crash that no Liverpool fan has ever participated in? 

Or the racist death threats sent to Hamza after his tackle on Salah or Iheanacho after his miss at the Etihad that absolutely never happened?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

I was at Everton few years back and our fans do really let themselves down. Chants about poverty and benefits and Boris Johnson. I don't like Everton and Liverpool, as both have some of the most unbeatable arrogant fan bases, but the people of Liverpool are great people. All these terrible chants are beneath us and totally unnecessary. 

Couldn't agree more, Leicester is hardly affluent, too. 

• Like 4

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

It's amazing how quickly they've forgotten and forgiven trying to furlough 200 staff, voting for PPV, trying to bring in Project Big Picture and then joining the Super League - and that was all in the space of one year! They're literally one of the most sinister clubs.

I think my favourite classic Liverpool moment was the supporters club threatening to boycott Bulgarian products because the Bulgarian authorities had the temerity to try and prosecute one of their fans for attacking a guy with a paving slab. 

• Haha 4

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/25/premier-league-fans-half-term-reports-part-one-arsenal-to-leicester

Premier League fans’ half-term reports, part one: Arsenal to Leicester

Leicester

Am I pleased with how it’s gone? In a word, no. Leicester have been well short of their best – arguably turning in only two good 90-minute performances all season. The dominant wins over Manchester United and Newcastle showed our finest form isn’t unreachable but ultimately our performances this season have more often resembled our yellow-bellied humbling by Chelsea. Thankfully, though, the results have been better than our displays. 5/10

Stars/flops

It’s pleasing to see Vardy and Patson Daka scoring so regularly, and to see Maddison finally rediscovering his form. Youri Tielemans continues to show flashes of genius – fans voted him our player of 2021. Less positively, signing half the backline of the team you beat 9-0 in Vestergaard and Bertrand has gone down exactly as you’d expect …

Happy with the manager? 

To borrow an over-used cliche, Rodgers has credit in the bank but he has a lot of work to do to iron out Leicester’s defensive chaos and general malaise. Most fans are willing to give him a chance to rediscover our best football – but they won’t wait forever. 5/10

We will finish … With injuries and our defensive record, anything above 10th would be a minor miracle.

Funniest moment in 2021? 

It’s hard to look past Kelechi Iheanacho wearing the FA Cup as a crown and offering to sell it to two Wembley stewards.

Chris Whiting clippings.me/chriswhiting; @ChrisRWhiting

• Like 3