Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 23/12/2021 at 12:27, Koke said:

I was at Everton few years back and our fans do really let themselves down. Chants about poverty and benefits and Boris Johnson. I don't like Everton and Liverpool, as both have some of the most unbeatable arrogant fan bases, but the people of Liverpool are great people. All these terrible chants are beneath us and totally unnecessary. 

The cup game that finished 2-2? 

11 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/25/premier-league-fans-half-term-reports-part-one-arsenal-to-leicester

Premier League fans’ half-term reports, part one: Arsenal to Leicester

Leicester

Am I pleased with how it’s gone? In a word, no. Leicester have been well short of their best – arguably turning in only two good 90-minute performances all season. The dominant wins over Manchester United and Newcastle showed our finest form isn’t unreachable but ultimately our performances this season have more often resembled our yellow-bellied humbling by Chelsea. Thankfully, though, the results have been better than our displays. 5/10

Stars/flops

It’s pleasing to see Vardy and Patson Daka scoring so regularly, and to see Maddison finally rediscovering his form. Youri Tielemans continues to show flashes of genius – fans voted him our player of 2021. Less positively, signing half the backline of the team you beat 9-0 in Vestergaard and Bertrand has gone down exactly as you’d expect …

Happy with the manager? 

To borrow an over-used cliche, Rodgers has credit in the bank but he has a lot of work to do to iron out Leicester’s defensive chaos and general malaise. Most fans are willing to give him a chance to rediscover our best football – but they won’t wait forever. 5/10

We will finish … With injuries and our defensive record, anything above 10th would be a minor miracle.

Funniest moment in 2021? 

It’s hard to look past Kelechi Iheanacho wearing the FA Cup as a crown and offering to sell it to two Wembley stewards.

Chris Whiting clippings.me/chriswhiting; @ChrisRWhiting

🤮 Gets everywhere this kid does 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/dec/26/james-maddison-puts-in-performance-for-the-ages-despite-leicesters-defeat

They nevertheless departed with a worse defensive record this season than Watford. Circumstances contribute, injuries occurred at the wrong time but perhaps the weakest rearguard Rodgers has fielded were eviscerated, confused and confounded, compounding their problems by conceding penalties. Minus five sidelined defenders, including their three best centre-backs, he also deemed Wilfred Ndidi unfit to feature. Leicester’s makeshift back four consisted of a midfielder (Marc Albrighton), an odd-job man (Daniel Amartey), a bad signing (Jannik Vestergaard), and a rookie (Luke Thomas). It was a recipe for goals.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, davieG said:

From the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/dec/26/james-maddison-puts-in-performance-for-the-ages-despite-leicesters-defeat

They nevertheless departed with a worse defensive record this season than Watford. Circumstances contribute, injuries occurred at the wrong time but perhaps the weakest rearguard Rodgers has fielded were eviscerated, confused and confounded, compounding their problems by conceding penalties. Minus five sidelined defenders, including their three best centre-backs, he also deemed Wilfred Ndidi unfit to feature. Leicester’s makeshift back four consisted of a midfielder (Marc Albrighton), an odd-job man (Daniel Amartey), a bad signing (Jannik Vestergaard), and a rookie (Luke Thomas). It was a recipe for goals.

No, apparently it's because Kasper doesn't come off his line.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I really don't understand how some of our fans can't understand this. We played Man City! If we played Cov then I'd understand the annoyance. We played probably the best team in the world at the moment with that defense! What else was going to happen? I'm actually suprised we kept it down to 6 after the first 20 mins. Once we have our defense back (or at least a few of them!) then go ahead and blame them. But for today's game, I actually thought it would be a lot worse. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I really don't understand how some of our fans can't understand this. We played Man City! If we played Cov then I'd understand the annoyance. We played probably the best team in the world at the moment with that defense! What else was going to happen? I'm actually suprised we kept it down to 6 after the first 20 mins. Once we have our defense back (or at least a few of them!) then go ahead and blame them. But for today's game, I actually thought it would be a lot worse. 

Well tbf, it’s been like this all season? From Burnley to Man City, doesn’t matter who we play or what defenders we have out. Yes we don’t concede 6 every week but in general we are conceding for fun.

6 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Well tbf, it’s been like this all season? From Burnley to Man City, doesn’t matter who we play or what defenders we have out. Yes we don’t concede 6 every week but in general we are conceding for fun.

And that's fair enough, but again, we have had one of our strongest CBs out with a broken leg, Evans barely fit with his recurring problem, Cags being badly off form, a very young left back or a left back who post covid probably shouldn't even call himself a footballer, right back coming back from an ACL and now injured again. So if you compound all these problems then honestly is it really that unbelievable that defensively we are shocking most games? Today we had a back 4 who probably have never played together in a game or even training. 

Yes I understand that we should have bought better than Vestergaard and Bertrand but honestly did we ever think they would be as bad as they actually are?

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

The One-eyed SL6 their players, fans and the media.

Eg - Liverpool fans:

Leicester played a full strength team against our kids in the carabooty cup and then rotated against city in the league

New plan is to get Leicester relegated. Played a full team vs Liverpools B team, celebrated like cxxxx and got beat. Fielding a joke team against City and 2-0 down in 10 mins.

• Like 1

In the last two years we've played on the 26th and 28th. In one of those games Rodgers has made wholesale changes. This year the selection has been hit by injuries to key players which makes it look worse plus the fact we've got the top two to play instead of a top team plus a bottom half side/ struggler so all the bollocks arguments about fairness/ integrity or whatever comes in because nobody cares about West Ham and Palace and the teams around those.

It's not an anti-Liverpool thing, not Rodgers revenge or any shit like that- it's what he's done before. Only Liverpool fans are suddenly interested in it.

But what difference does it make anyway? If our first team can't beat their kids, what chance have we got in these two games?

You can go at Rodgers for many things but making changes during this time (THAT YOUR OWN MANAGER LOST HIS SHIT OVER) isn't one of them. God they are insufferable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Bizarre. They also think we’re celebrating like we won the league.  We literally got thumped two days ago, haven’t kept a clean sheet for about 2000 years! We’re happy we got three points!!

Lets face it. We don't like them either. Bunch of cheating, diving, fouling barstewards. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

Pretty sure we would have celebrated the same if this result was against Man City,  it was relief for winning, for fighting and for keeping a most unexpected clean sheet! The day Liverpool fans realise everything is not about them, they will be a little happier/tolerable.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Bizarre. They also think we’re celebrating like we won the league.  We literally got thumped two days ago, haven’t kept a clean sheet for about 2000 years! We’re happy we got three points!!

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Pretty sure we would have celebrated the same if this result was against Man City,  it was relief for winning, for fighting and for keeping a most unexpected clean sheet! The day Liverpool fans realise everything is not about them, they will be a little happier/tolerable.

Result aside the performance was just a joy! After not seeing one for so long! No turgid drearyball! It felt so good being able to finally get behind them! Fans bouncing of players, players bouncing of fans.

The win was fantastic, getting under the skin and winding up the cheating Scousers were by-products.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Result aside the performance was just a joy! After not seeing one for so long! No turgid drearyball! It felt so good being able to finally get behind them! Fans bouncing of players, players bouncing of fans.

The win was fantastic, getting under the skin and winding up the cheating Scousers were by-products.

I got up at 6am (9pm UK) to go to the Beach, and seeing this result woke me up with a smile that is for sure!