Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Im not denying there are many willy pullers in the Conservatives, im just saying Labour has no highground whatsoever

Appreciate that, but I'd disagree. One is destroying pretty much every corner of society, whilst the other isn't (although it's not doing enough either). One of those is worse than the other, in my mind at least! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

They're taking about the ones who sing weird songs about poverty and benefits. 

You misunderstand my post. I meant who are "they"?

35 minutes ago, Koke said:

They keep calling Leicester tories even though its not true 

Some Liverpool supporting bloke on twitter. That's it. Just ignore it. In fact why not ignore twitter altogether? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Im not denying there are many willy pullers in the Conservatives, im just saying Labour has no highground whatsoever

And god help us all if labour got in some of us have long memories and captain hindsight would be a disaster 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
18 minutes ago, sdb said:

Yes it is. For every 2 names you offer, I raise you pretty much the entire Tory government today.

On behalf of Tory members everywhere, I don't regret voting for a Conservative government, I regret not getting one!

5 hours ago, Koke said:

They haves 70 page thread dedicated to us on rawk. Reading through it, it's safe to say they've gone from mild dislike of us to outright hatred for reasons already mentioned on here. 

You missed off the best part - the title of the thread is "Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats"

And there's posts like these:

1126417768_Screenshot2021-12-29at14_55_31.thumb.png.69d342b3d471d8022b8b367cc87c9706.png

Astonishing lack of self awareness!

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the thing what gets on most people’s nerves about Liverpool is the peculiar belief that they are somewhat different as a football club from everyone else. 

They owned by Americans who’ve sucked every possible penny they can to make money; tried to copyright words and phrases of the club. They abused the furlough scheme. 

They were able to back the Super League. A former chief exec from years back is muddling everything up at the Football League. They are the original tourist club who started prioritising Irish and Scandinavian supporters over locals. 

They are every inch the same product of modern, professional football. 

Spot on

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

You misunderstand my post. I meant who are "they"?

Some Liverpool supporting bloke on twitter. That's it. Just ignore it. In fact why not ignore twitter altogether? 

Exactly this. The problem here is not ‘Liverpool fans;’ the problem here is twitter.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

I don't suppose it's a popular opinion but the Feed the Scousers chant is totally lacking in class.

Frankly, it embarrasses us all.

It does. It’s stupid, childish and silly. None of those are bad things in themselves, but it’s also unfunny and mean.

Also, its only possible purpose can be to annoy and upset people, so getting all shirty when they do in fact get annoyed and upset seems doubly ridiculous!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the thing what gets on most people’s nerves about Liverpool is the peculiar belief that they are somewhat different as a football club from everyone else. 

They owned by Americans who’ve sucked every possible penny they can to make money; tried to copyright words and phrases of the club. They abused the furlough scheme. 

They were able to back the Super League. A former chief exec from years back is muddling everything up at the Football League. They are the original tourist club who started prioritising Irish and Scandinavian supporters over locals. 

They are every inch the same product of modern, professional football. 

I think that their statements such as 'THIS MEANS MORE' grates with other fans. 

The reaction of their fans after defeat last night outside of the ground and this Tory nonsense just exacerbates that although we all have twonk supporters they have more than their fair percentage and this belief they are the best fans in the Country / Europe / The World is utter nonsense. 

They always have been and still are a bunch of barstewards 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Wait, are Leicester fans known for being Tories amongst all football fans? Or is it just Liverpool fans being a bit weird as per?

Stems from Everton back a few years ag in the cup. 
A section of the away support sang ‘one Boris Johnson’ etc. Liverpool at home the same season L1 held up similar messages on their phones and copies of a the Sun I think.

Never was this sort of feeling towards them on any kind of level prior to that. The game last week and the fact they were at Christmas time have created a perfect storm for it.