Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think the thing what gets on most people’s nerves about Liverpool is the peculiar belief that they are somewhat different as a football club from everyone else. 

They owned by Americans who’ve sucked every possible penny they can to make money; tried to copyright words and phrases of the club. They abused the furlough scheme. 

They were able to back the Super League. A former chief exec from years back is muddling everything up at the Football League. They are the original tourist club who started prioritising Irish and Scandinavian supporters over locals. 

They are every inch the same product of modern, professional football. 

Let's not forget the t-shirts supporting Suarez after he'd racially abused Evra, and the public criticism of Evra. 

Also is it just me who finds it ironic the super clubs accuse us  of financial doping? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’ve personally always felt politically connected to Liverpool and found the people of the City to generally stick up for what is right. 

Last night I was embarrassed to hear some of the chants from our own supporters. Poverty is not a laughing matter and has no place inside a football stadium. As for some of the darker chants, needless to say they have no place in any part of society.

Rivalries are what makes football and by all means sing about past managers, players and generally be a brutal as you want but having a pop at people unable afford to eat is not banter. Of course it’s not the people at the ground it’s aimed at but that’s not the point 

We are better than that and last night after such a great performance it’s annoying that this is even a thing. Sections of their crowd are not blameless but doesn’t mean we should stoop to those levels

👍

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Why do old twats on Twitter have to link football to Political fodder every time? Quite frankly boring to be honest. 

Try being Scottish mate. Politics, Religion and Football go hand in hand. Which is why I don't support a Scottish club. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Stems from Everton back a few years ag in the cup. 
A section of the away support sang ‘one Boris Johnson’ etc. Liverpool at home the same season L1 held up similar messages on their phones and copies of a the Sun I think.

Never was this sort of feeling towards them on any kind of level prior to that. The game last week and the fact they were at Christmas time have created a perfect storm for it.

Christ I do remember that now you've mentioned it. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
7 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Hardly a fan of some of the scouse chants but this arse licking from a “Leicester fan” takes it abit far

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351146.

I always wondered if those blokes who pay guys to screw their wife and let them watch also follow football. Now we have proof!

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Feed the scousers has been sung for years by clubs far bigger than ours. It's nothing to do with massive clubs or entitlement or anything else except a wind up. Frankly after their behaviour in the past week they deserve it. Let alone the players on the pitch smashing two of our players off the ball, their fans have become like United's in the 90s. Feeling that the smaller club is beneath them, they expect to beat us and - just like Chelsea after the cup final - when they run out of small club stuff  to carp on about they start mentioning helicopters. TBH, if they can't take it they shouldn't give it and if - as they say - we're such a small club, they should be above it and it should be water off a duck's back. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Derby get called Sheepshaggers (as do Welsh clubs) they obviously aren't and everyone knows it but it's purely banter. Derby even sing "Sheepshag Army". Maybe Liverpool's fans should stop acting like the victims, stop pretending to be so wounded by the nasty men in blue shirts, stop taking themselves so seriously and just take it on the chin. The incessant whining is about as convincing as their players rolling on the floor after every slight touch.

Spot on. For me the Liverpool victim/conspiracy/it matters more mentality is just another delusion akin to Spurs/Newcastle with their 'we are a massive club', West Ham for the whole "West Ham Way' etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Hardly a fan of some of the scouse chants but this arse licking from a “Leicester fan” takes it abit far

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351146.0

That last comment  " they all live in 5 bedroom houses Lutterworth "

One of the most middle class tourist clubs in the world try a question a real working class club . 

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Spot on. For me the Liverpool victim/conspiracy/it matters more mentality is just another delusion akin to Spurs/Newcastle with their 'we are a massive club', West Ham for the whole "West Ham Way' etc. 

Haha, the "West Ham Way" - to quote Sam Allardyce when he started taking stick from the fans there "There is no West Ham Way unless they mean not winning"

I think "sign on" and "feed the scousers" are just banter, not great banter, but fairly inoffensive. "Always the victims" however is vile and anything associated with Hillsborough or Heysel should be condemned by the club and fellow fans.

• Thanks 3