Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

I consider myself loud at games and join in with most chants but I avoided the feed the scousers one because I don’t get what it’s got to do with football. That said they’re acting like every fan sang the fücking thing when I’d suggest a heck of a lot more didn’t.

It’s not even that offensive, get over yourselves Liverpool and that püssywipe fan that went on their site.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think "sign on" and "feed the scousers" are just banter, not great banter, but fairly inoffensive. "Always the victims" however is vile and anything associated with Hillsborough or Heysel should be condemned by the club and fellow fans.

Could it be the  "Always the victim chants" was aimed at Klopps moaning about the PL fixtures etc rather than the tragedies yiuve stated?

I might be wrong but in all the years I've not heard that sang to the scousers so I'm hoping it was due to Klopp etc?

• Like 2

It was started by the united fans after Suarez was banned for racially abusing Evra.

The players and staff ( including Dalgleish) wore tee shirts supporting Suarez, during a pre match warm up as he was the “victim”

They seem to have airbrushed their unequivocal support for a racist cannibal,what a surprise!

It was never originally about Hillsborough but it suits their narrative.

Edited by notnow john
Spelling

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Could it be the  "Always the victim chants" was aimed at Klopps moaning about the PL fixtures etc rather than the tragedies yiuve stated?

I might be wrong but in all the years I've not heard that sang to the scousers so I'm hoping it was due to Klopp etc?

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

I claim they are "Always the victims".

When I say that though I mean it with no connotations towards Hillsborough, it doesn't even enter my thinking, they literally always play the victims though, always making it about them, hollier than thou, preaching, they're always making it seem they're hard done by, always looking for self pity, always looking for a conspiracy, I mean 'teams going easy on Man City but not on Liverpool', I mean come on, have a day off, get over yourselves.

The club itself, manager, players, fans, never known anything like it.

Whatever the reason it was first sung, seemingly it was United in the aftermath of the Suarez incident, you can't refer to Liverpool and victims without thinking of Hillsborough. The word ALWAYS heavily reinforces the past incidents of being victims, you can't just associate it with that one incident of that time.  The people that died at Hillsborough are some of the most talked about "victims" in football. After it was first sung United came out and condemned the fans that were singing it. We should also condemn ours. Even if you are 100% certain in your head that you are not chanting it in relation to Hillsborough you can't fail to see how any friends or relatives of the victims of these tragedies would take offense to "ALWAYS the victims, never your fault!"

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Forgive me

Fourteen British soccer fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter today and sentenced to three years in prison for their roles in a 1985 riot that killed 39 people at Heysel Stadium.

The fans, all from Liverpool, also were fined $1,538 each

I imagine they were Liverpool fans considering the were watching Juve vs Liverpool?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fourteen British soccer fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter today and sentenced to three years in prison for their roles in a 1985 riot that killed 39 people at Heysel Stadium.

The fans, all from Liverpool, also were fined $1,538 each

I imagine they were Liverpool fans considering the were watching Juve vs Liverpool?

They're not a different breed, are they? It was over 36 years ago, and I would think that every Scouser is and was as horrified about it as you or I might be. I'm not sure what hill you're defending here.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Heysel?

Liverpool were not the victims at Heysel, 32 Italians , four Belgians, and two French were killed that day all caused by Liverpool hooligans breaking into their section. 

Yep, my bad it's been a long year. There were also comments about Leicester fans chanting murderers, which relates to Heysel.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

They're not a different breed, are they? It was over 36 years ago, and I would think that every Scouser iis and was as horrified about it as you or I might be. I'm not sure what hill you're defending here.

I know, defending no hill.

I've had COVID since Boxing day @HighPeakFox, so missed the game guess I'm grumpy. Didn't mean to cause offence 

I also think UEFA should have shoulder a lot of the blame for choosing a stadium that was falling down

Those dark days are hopefully in the past, but the Euros final did make me wince and think how easy something could happen again. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I know, defending no hill.

I've had COVID since Boxing day @HighPeakFox, so missed the game guess I'm grumpy. Didn't mean to cause offence 

I also think UEFA should have shoulder a lot of the blame for choose a stadium that was falling down.

Those dark days are hopefully in the past, but the Euros final did make me wince and think how easy something could happen again. 

I'm never 'offended' - I just find the perpetuation of these tropes helps nothing. But yes, I absolutely agree with you.

• Like 1

I found it funny that they brought a 'Scousers hate tories' banner and were singing '**** the Tories' and 'Maggie's in a box' as to either prove a point or get under our skin. Leicester fans for the most part are not triggered by that despite the constituencies which make up the city of Leicester being among the strongest Labour seats in the country. I'd also mention, not that it's important, that Leicester East has been represented by Keith Vaz and Claudia Webbe who are among the worst that the Labour Party have to offer. I am saying this as someone that would never sing Feed the Scousers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

I think "sign on" and "feed the scousers" are just banter, not great banter, but fairly inoffensive. "Always the victims" however is vile and anything associated with Hillsborough or Heysel should be condemned by the club and fellow fans.

Bang on.