Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm never 'offended' - I just find the perpetuation of these tropes helps nothing. But yes, I absolutely agree with you.

@HighPeakFox 'offended of nothing, ashamed by everything on FoxesTalk'

^ Meant in jest to try to lighten the mood. :)

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I absolutely detest this woeful sweeping statement

You say this HIgh Peak because you’re a better person then what seems like a large amount of Liverpool fans. A lot of them are making sweeping statements about us. 

For that reason, though agree with your sentiment here, I can understand some of our fans anger and choosing to respond in that way. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattFox said:

Hardly a fan of some of the scouse chants but this arse licking from a “Leicester fan” takes it abit far

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=351146.0

From that it suggests that he didn't join in with the song so who is he actually apologising for? 

Don't know who you are but it's not a good look. You are not a fans spokesperson. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

So the Scousers are annoyed that they lost.

And hate us because of the songs the Tory foxes sing.

I think that's all. Do we need much more of a discussion?

Can we move on?

No the scousers want to whine about it for 50 yrs no doubt

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A lot of them are making sweeping statements about us.

Not really a lot, any more than it’s a lot of Leicester fans. But that’s by the by, really.

But ‘they’ make sweeping statements about ‘us’ because ‘we’ make sweeping statements about ‘them’ because ‘they’ made sweeping statements about ‘us’ because ‘we’ made sweeping statements about ‘them’ and so on ad bleeing infinitum.

What’s the flipping point? Every club has some idiots among its fans. Clubs with more fans have more idiots, but the proportions stay the same. Most fans of most clubs are not idiots. But nobody notices that or them because they just get on with watching and supporting their team. They don’t sing or shout offensive crap, and they don’t get involved in social media name-calling.

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

From that it suggests that he didn't join in with the song so who is he actually apologising for?

The idiots who did. He makes it pretty clear.

The majority of the responses I saw (I didn’t stay very long mind) were perfectly reasonable and pleasant too - this would be a surprise to anyone who believed some of the nonsense they read about fans of different clubs.

3 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

The idiots who did. He makes it pretty clear.

The majority of the responses I saw (I didn’t stay very long mind) were perfectly reasonable and pleasant too - this would be a surprise to anyone who believed some of the nonsense they read about fans of different clubs.

I'm sure the 'idiots' that did really don't want or need someone to apologise on their behalf. It's not for others to do that unless they had been consulted. It's a hollow and meaninless apology (and more than a bit nauseating). 

• Like 3

a lot (definitely not all) of  'fan in peace' posters across the board are either wind up merchants, or sycophants. I can understand the former more easily.

that said, well informed and not dickhead, fan in peace posters like the watford fan on here (sorry cant remember your login!) should feel welcome, and can give a useful insight

Edited by ParkerPen

25 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm sure the 'idiots' that did really don't want or need someone to apologise on their behalf. It's not for others to do that unless they had been consulted. It's a hollow and meaninless apology (and more than a bit nauseating). 

I agree that the idiots won’t want someone to apologise. Whether they need someone to is another matter, and one I’m sure neither of us really want to spend a lot of time on.

Ffs though, it just looks like one bloke saying ‘sorry about that, we have some eejits.’ I struggle to see how it’s ‘nauseating.’

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Fourteen British soccer fans were convicted of involuntary manslaughter today and sentenced to three years in prison for their roles in a 1985 riot that killed 39 people at Heysel Stadium.

The fans, all from Liverpool, also were fined $1,538 each

I imagine they were Liverpool fans considering the were watching Juve vs Liverpool?

Ahh the quietly forgotten tragedy of British football.

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I found it funny that they brought a 'Scousers hate tories' banner and were singing '**** the Tories' and 'Maggie's in a box' as to either prove a point or get under our skin. Leicester fans for the most part are not triggered by that despite the constituencies which make up the city of Leicester being among the strongest Labour seats in the country. I'd also mention, not that it's important, that Leicester East has been represented by Keith Vaz and Claudia Webbe who are among the worst that the Labour Party have to offer. I am saying this as someone that would never sing Feed the Scousers. 

Both cities, despite being Labour strongholds, have had the very worst of the political party serving them. Joe Anderson, the former mayor of Liverpool another bad egg. 

• Like 2

The well informed, level headed Liverpool fans will understand that all clubs' fans have a percentage of idiots and won't need an apology from a well informed, level headed Leicester fan to change their views on our club. 

So, at that point, you're only apologising to the percentage of idiots among the Liverpool fan base, where you aren't going to change their viewpoint that all Leicester fans are Tory lovers. No level headed Liverpool fan has come to apologise for their idiots, nor do we need them to.

• Like 2

This is all getting boring now..

Liverpool fans got offended by a few naughty chants that no one on here will admit to have joined in with.

It happens at football matches.

I doubt it would be such a big issue for them had they not lost...but there we go.

• Like 3

Guest Kopfkino

Being a football fan and complaining about the songs that are sung is proper whet stuff. Yeah it’s cringe and bad taste but get a grip. Obviously racism, homophobia or any genuine hate crime not acceptable.

Liverpool fans have, of course, never sung about Munich. Everyone does it, get the **** over it. It’s done for a wind up, it’s in bad taste but stop crying about it and get on with your lives.

Same goes for our fans if someone does something about helicopters.

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

True. But if one did we’d understand the good intention behind it even as we assured them it wasn’t necessary.

Phil, I don’t think this for the majority of those coming after us has anything to do with an apology. 

These morons (including some of their low level journalists) have a picture outside a Leicester food bank with a caption along the lines of “Leicester fans mock poverty, Liverpool fans give to food banks”.

This is, as weird as it sounds, a “poor me but look how great we are campaign.”

Honest question for them, Given this is Leicester food bank, who do they think contributes most to the food bank ? Fans of this club perhaps?. 

Like I said before (and I never thought this before) there is a genuine “victim” mentality within some of their fan base which they thrive on. This is a photo opportunity for some of them.

A normal fan base does not react like this. They wouldn’t look to suggest an entire (or majority) fan base is responsible for these sort of chants. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Have to admit, I never knew Burnley had won a title...particularly that is in the same.era as wolves and spurs, who are both 'famous' title winning names of 50s and early 60s

Relative to the size of the place they’re the most successful club in the country. Not that much bigger than Loughborough 

28 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Phil, I don’t think this for the majority of those coming after us has anything to do with an apology. 

These morons (including some of their low level journalists) have a picture outside a Leicester food bank with a caption along the lines of “Leicester fans mock poverty, Liverpool fans give to food banks”.

This is, as weird as it sounds, a “poor me but look how great we are campaign.”

Honest question for them, Given this is Leicester food bank, who do they think contributes most to the food bank ? Fans of this club perhaps?. 

Like I said before (and I never thought this before) there is a genuine “victim” mentality within some of their fan base which they thrive on. This is a photo opportunity for some of them.

A normal fan base does not react like this. They wouldn’t look to suggest an entire (or majority) fan base is responsible for these sort of chants. 

Proper weird how they mostly all seem to try and suggest it was the whole Leicester crowd, it wasn't anything close, in fact I'd doubt it was more than about 1/10 of the crowd it was that quiet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

a lot (definitely not all) of  'fan in peace' posters across the board are either wind up merchants, or sycophants. I can understand the former more easily.

that said, well informed and not dickhead, fan in peace posters like the watford fan on here (sorry cant remember your login!) should feel welcome, and can give a useful insight

Tbf I really enjoy there’s a few others on here.

Regularly post and give good insight.

Best thing about them is they don’t kiss ass and give as good as they get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

So what if it was?! 

It wasn't, thus they are lying and trying to paint a picture of our fans that isn't true... a bit like the song. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It was fans trying to wind-up very unpopular counterparts stoked up by a previous encounter the week before. I don't think anyone of those singing it were in any way celebrating poverty in Liverpool. Far too much over analysing going on, for me, when it was no more than an attempt to goad opposition supporters in an already highly charged atmosphere. To be honest, I really don't give a flying one if a few ESL club supporters have been offended, especially the hangers on from other parts of the country including our fair City. I don't think it unfair to say that modern football has become far too sterile, especially to those of previous generations, and needs a bit of an edge, a bit of needle. 

I didn't sing it, I don't particularly like it... but if anyone moaning about it calls a ref a willy puller, someone fat, sings a dubious song about a player, or about Munich, calls another town a shit hole etc. Then they can get in the bin. 

• Like 2

It’s just all so small-time. I like chants aimed at the bigger sides and getting under their skin but “feed the scousers” is sang louder than any of our own songs. As @ealingfoxsaid, the Super League is the best way to go. It’s the antithesis of what Liverpool are supposedly about.

I remember in Madrid about 50 lads ran out of Leicester songs and started singing 10 German Bombers and **** the IRA. Really weird behaviour when following your club around Europe. Those revelling in being “vile” just trying to be a knock-off Chelsea. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Big club Newcastle haven't won the league in 95 years. 

Wonder how many seasons they've spent outside the top flight in that time too.

Far from a big club. Big ground and big fan base, that's it.

• Like 4