Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

27 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So what if it was?! It was fans trying to wind-up very unpopular counterparts stoked up by a previous encounter the week before. I don't think anyone of those singing it were in any way celebrating poverty in Liverpool. Far too much over analysing going on, for me, when it was no more than an attempt to goad opposition supporters in an already highly charged atmosphere. To be honest, I really don't give a flying one if a few ESL club supporters have been offended, especially the hangers on from other parts of the country including our fair City. I don't think it unfair to say that modern football has become far too sterile, especially to those of previous generations, and needs a bit of an edge, a bit of needle. 

This 

26 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s just all so small-time. I like chants aimed at the bigger sides and getting under their skin but “feed the scousers” is sang louder than any of our own songs. As @ealingfoxsaid, the Super League is the best way to go. It’s the antithesis of what Liverpool are supposedly about.

I remember in Madrid about 50 lads ran out of Leicester songs and started singing 10 German Bombers and **** the IRA. Really weird behaviour when following your club around Europe. Those revelling in being “vile” just trying to be a knock-off Chelsea. 

I’m amazed we’ve not picked up the “get battered every where they go” chant yet tbf

Small Mercies and that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A normal fan base does not react like this. They wouldn’t look to suggest an entire (or majority) fan base is responsible for these sort of chants.

And yet to some extent you’re suggesting their entire fan base is responsible for the response to the chants. It isn’t ‘the fan base’ on either side; it’s a vocal minority.

I’m in no way trying to have an argument with you here btw - I don’t think we’re actually all that far apart on this.

28 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Some very hard hitting posts on Bentleys Roof from some guys who knew the two lads from Oadby who died at Hillsborough. Written on the back of the 'Always the victims' chant.

Well worth a read; thanks for that - I’d never have seen them otherwise.

Banter between fans is one thing. Hillsborough is something else.

15 hours ago, iancognito said:

Feed the scousers has been sung for years by clubs far bigger than ours. It's nothing to do with massive clubs or entitlement or anything else except a wind up. Frankly after their behaviour in the past week they deserve it. Let alone the players on the pitch smashing two of our players off the ball, their fans have become like United's in the 90s. Feeling that the smaller club is beneath them, they expect to beat us and - just like Chelsea after the cup final - when they run out of small club stuff  to carp on about they start mentioning helicopters. TBH, if they can't take it they shouldn't give it and if - as they say - we're such a small club, they should be above it and it should be water off a duck's back. As I've mentioned elsewhere, Derby get called Sheepshaggers (as do Welsh clubs) they obviously aren't and everyone knows it but it's purely banter. Derby even sing "Sheepshag Army". Maybe Liverpool's fans should stop acting like the victims, stop pretending to be so wounded by the nasty men in blue shirts, stop taking themselves so seriously and just take it on the chin. The incessant whining is about as convincing as their players rolling on the floor after every slight touch.

Clearly, the we are massive is meant ironically as it always is when mentioned here.

I am uncomfortable with chants that ridicule poverty.

50 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

By the way, what was the 'Did you cry?' song that they were singing? Whi was that about? I couldn't hear the end of it from where I was. 

Weren't they supposed to be singing something about Vichai?  Thought I read that somewhere. May be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Liverpool fans always want to boil it down to Hillsborough, it's their default setting to shut down any argument that they also have a section of scummy fans and as a club have made some ludicrous choices... and yet make out like they are some sort of footballing saints above everyone and anything else. 

Claiming furlough for their staff.

Super League Breakaway.

Suarez T-shirts.

Continually supporting a player done to racially abusing a fellow player AND biting other players.

Grobelaar match fixing.

Heysel involvment and subsequent banning of English teams from Europe.

Much lower level Fowler Coke Celebration, Bellamy attacking his team mate with a golf club, Jamie "Liverpool Legend" Carragher spitting in someones face. Klopps constant we're hard done by b***sh*t, crying about tackles and brushing over an actual leg breaking tackle.

All that shite and then having the audacity to claim they are better than others in some way. 

Dont forget that just a few seasons ago they were happily singing racist chants at the KP as, wait for it....banter. 

I think we should go to Liverpool and hand over our pocket money to a few charities, take a pic and categorise all Liverpool fans as racist ? No, because we are normal!

To get back to the football on the pitch.

Some nice and respectful comments from Liverpool fans

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-leicester-city-6418873

Klopp spoke after the game about his admiration for the performance levels of Rodgers' side despite them having played on Boxing Day while Liverpool had their game postponed.

“In the end what I told everybody who was responsible for the Leicester performance tonight was that it was well deserved," said Klopp.

“The story is extra nice because one of the guys who is constantly talking about ‘we should not play the 26th and 28th’ plays only on the 28th and loses against a team that plays on the 26th and 28th. It’s a funny story I know.

“And so I think in a strange game from our side, they deserved the three points.”

On social media, Liverpool fans agreed with their manager and praised the performance of their hosts.

"You gave your best Leicester, well played," one said while another added: "I think Leicester were heroic. It was a very strong performance in all areas from them and they deserved full credit."

"Heroic defending," a third fan said.

"I have absolutely no problem with the loss to Leicester," another Liverpool fan said while a fifth supporter added: "Leicester played very well. They created and tested our back line, finally scored and Kasper Schmeichel made great saves. Leicester were just up to the job. Nothing more to be said. Well done Brendan."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

And yet to some extent you’re suggesting their entire fan base is responsible for the response to the chants. It isn’t ‘the fan base’ on either side; it’s a vocal minority.

I’m in no way trying to have an argument with you here btw - I don’t think we’re actually all that far apart on this.

Yeah, maybe I should've worded that post better and not suggested it was the entire fanbase. 

However, it seems like quite a large minority at their end who are happy to categorise Aunty Angus or 6 year old Jacob as "poverty shammers" despite them sat in Block A with no idea of what is being sang. 

Its ridiculous how SOME of them have responded. 

• Like 1

There’s Liverpool fans taking the actions of a few Leicester fans and blaming all Leicester fans, there’s Leicester fans taking the actions of a few Liverpool fans and blaming all Liverpool fans, there’s plenty who can’t - or won’t, or don’t want to - see that they’re doing exactly what they’re angrily having a go at the other lot for doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

There’s Liverpool fans taking the actions of a few Leicester fans and blaming all Leicester fans, there’s Leicester fans taking the actions of a few Liverpool fans and blaming all Liverpool fans, there’s plenty who can’t - or won’t, or don’t want to - see that they’re doing exactly what they’re angrily having a go at the other lot for doing.

Football fandoms in a nutshell right there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davieG said:

To get back to the football on the pitch.

Some nice and respectful comments from Liverpool fans

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-leicester-city-6418873

Klopp spoke after the game about his admiration for the performance levels of Rodgers' side despite them having played on Boxing Day while Liverpool had their game postponed.

“In the end what I told everybody who was responsible for the Leicester performance tonight was that it was well deserved," said Klopp.

“The story is extra nice because one of the guys who is constantly talking about ‘we should not play the 26th and 28th’ plays only on the 28th and loses against a team that plays on the 26th and 28th. It’s a funny story I know.

“And so I think in a strange game from our side, they deserved the three points.”

On social media, Liverpool fans agreed with their manager and praised the performance of their hosts.

"You gave your best Leicester, well played," one said while another added: "I think Leicester were heroic. It was a very strong performance in all areas from them and they deserved full credit."

"Heroic defending," a third fan said.

"I have absolutely no problem with the loss to Leicester," another Liverpool fan said while a fifth supporter added: "Leicester played very well. They created and tested our back line, finally scored and Kasper Schmeichel made great saves. Leicester were just up to the job. Nothing more to be said. Well done Brendan."

Very nice.

Although some people on here will equate these comments to being a cuckold, or a wet wipe.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ok even as one of the fiercest haters of Liverpool, I’m going to say let’s move on.

Now, what’s detestable about Norwich? I’ll start with that knob from ‘Talk Norwich City’

They've been giving young Gilmour some stick despite him statistically being their best player in the last few games. That's enough for me. 

• Like 1

As far as fan cam stuff goes, I don’t actually mind the talk Norwich city chap. Just seems like a nice young lad (probably older than me tbf) who’s cottoned on at the right time and been fairly successful with it all. He’s a bit wet but he’s a Norwich fan at the end of the day so go figure. His brother on the other hand (think it’s his brother, with the glasses, who he gets on with him), bleedin ada give me strength. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1