Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

33 minutes ago, Manini said:

As far as fan cam stuff goes, I don’t actually mind the talk Norwich city chap. Just seems like a nice young lad (probably older than me tbf) who’s cottoned on at the right time and been fairly successful with it all. He’s a bit wet but he’s a Norwich fan at the end of the day so go figure. His brother on the other hand (think it’s his brother, with the glasses, who he gets on with him), bleedin ada give me strength. 

It's not his brother although they both have the surname Reeve. Living closer to Norwich I have actually watched a fair few of their podcasts. It's quite nice to take my mind off of Leicester sometimes lol

42 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I saw a post on RAWK today criticising our t-shirts for the 9-0 at Southampton thing (were there?), and it made my mind wander to their t-shirts in support of Suarez, which seemed a little (actually a shit load) double standards.

Then I thought steady on, I am just a Tory twat anyway, apparently.

Getting a bit desperate now, I think they need to move on.

17 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Being a football fan and complaining about the songs that are sung is proper whet stuff. Yeah it’s cringe and bad taste but get a grip. Obviously racism, homophobia or any genuine hate crime not acceptable.

Liverpool fans have, of course, never sung about Munich. Everyone does it, get the **** over it. It’s done for a wind up, it’s in bad taste but stop crying about it and get on with your lives.

Same goes for our fans if someone does something about helicopters.

:appl:

Always found it weird how people cry about football chants, I've seen grown men genuinely get offended and upset over them ffs.

YNWA.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

Most people seem to think that a bit of "banter" is ok.   So long as it doesn't cause any offence.

One problem though, is there are people who actively look to be offended at anything and everything.  

If we put our minds to it, I'm sure we could be offended by lots of things.  Australians might call us "whinging pommie bastards", Scots call us "Sassenachs", Native Welsh speakers make sure they're not speaking English when you're near to them, Forest fans call us "bin dippers", that wonderful witty "You're just a town full of p*kis", Hollywood films portray English people as stupid, heartless or evil (or all three), any man over 60 is racist/sexist/homophobic, and a 101 other things to be offended about.   It's all a load of bollocks, of course, and doesn't bother me a bit.

The other main problem, is that by it's definition "banter" ... as well usually being friendly, playful and good-natured, also involves some teasing.   And the minute you've got teasing, you're close to "piss taking", which can easily be deemed "offensive".    

Most of us have a reasonable understanding of where you would draw the line.  You wouldn't make fun of someone whose loved one had just died, or someone suffering from cancer, or a woman who has just miscarried, etc etc.  To be honest, you shouldn't make fun of any individual who is sensitive about something - be it their weight, looks, hair, or whatever.

Trouble is ... once you get onto "anonymous" group things like Scousers, Cockneys, Geordies, Brummies, Mancs, Smog Monsters, Yorkie Puddings, Carrot Crunchers, Sheep Shaggers ... most people don't get too bothered, about what is clearly just an attempted wind-up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Most people seem to think that a bit of "banter" is ok.   So long as it doesn't cause any offence.

One problem though, is there are people who actively look to be offended at anything and everything.  

The other main problem, is that by it's definition "banter" ... as well usually being friendly, playful and good-natured, also involves some teasing.   And the minute you've got teasing, you're close to "piss taking", which can easily be deemed "offensive".    

Most of us have a reasonable understanding of where you would draw the line.  You wouldn't make fun of someone whose loved one had just died, or someone suffering from cancer, or a woman who has just miscarried, etc etc.  To be honest, you shouldn't make fun of any individual who is sensitive about something - be it their weight, looks, hair, or whatever.

Yep, most people wouldn't joke about things that are genuinely likely to really upset someone.

Other people would, and they're called knobheads by the decent people.

A more modern phenomenon is that of people getting offended on behalf of another group, who may or may not actually give a toss.

The real issue comes when you start trying to ban offensive talk - because that can be a race to the lowest denominator, when nobody says anything remotely challenging or contentious out of fear of being jailed or losing their job.

Football should be a bastion of good-natured offensiveness and jocular hostility, and context is king.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

10th out of all PL teams. 

And people really wanted Sean Dyche here?! 

Manchester City are on another level. 

We’ve played them 4 times in 2021 and only won once, the Community Shield! 

Crazy to think they’ve only conceded 32 goals this calendar year. We’ve scored 4 of them! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

If we put our minds to it, I'm sure we could be offended by lots of things.  Australians might call us "whinging pommie bastards", Scots call us "Sassenachs", Native Welsh speakers make sure they're not speaking English when you're near to them, Forest fans call us "bin dippers", that wonderful witty "You're just a town full of p*kis", Hollywood films portray English people as stupid, heartless or evil (or all three), any man over 60 is racist/sexist/homophobic, and a 101 other things to be offended about.   It's all a load of bollocks, of course, and doesn't bother me a bit.

Trouble is ... once you get onto "anonymous" group things like Scousers, Cockneys, Geordies, Brummies, Mancs, Smog Monsters, Yorkie Puddings, Carrot Crunchers, Sheep Shaggers ... most people don't get too bothered, about what is clearly just an attempted wind-up.

I’m offended by Yorkie Puddings. 

What a sh!t insult. Do better next time. 

Edited by Leeds Fox