Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Just now, Claridge said:

Which ever way you dress it up, being inside with 3,000 people is a risk, no way would I have done it, but if they want to I respect their right to go. If they all get covid and miss a few matches …

Then that’s the chance you take.

Its the chance anyone takes.

Its the chance people will take for as long as Covid is going to be around (forever)

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Then that’s the chance you take.

Its the chance anyone takes.

Its the chance people will take for as long as Covid is going to be around (forever)

Game gets cancelled because players have Covid, so players go to an event that will almost definitely spread more covid. 

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Game gets cancelled because players have Covid, so players go to an event that will almost definitely spread more covid. 

I get that their actions may have a bearing on us as supporters. A mass Covid crisis in the squad leads us to being relegated (extreme example I know) 

But they’re not our puppets. Yes we pay their wages to some degree, but that sets a dangerous precedent doesn’t it?

We also pay nurses wages, but you wouldn’t chastise them for going out to a 3k people venue 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

In the current climate, it is up to them.   I kind of think I wouldn't  in their position but I went to the house e game against Liverpool so my thinking is hypocritical. 

The way we are doing things I  this country is allowing the virus to spread.   It seems inevitable this will lead to another variant.

The pictures show that Maddison wishes he had been at the LCFC academy.   

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I get that their actions may have a bearing on us as supporters. A mass Covid crisis in the squad leads us to being relegated (extreme example I know) 

But they’re not our puppets. Yes we pay their wages to some degree, but that sets a dangerous precedent doesn’t it?

We also pay nurses wages, but you wouldn’t chastise them for going out to a 3k people venue 

Yes I would, that would be a stupid thing to do. I don’t want them to stay in and do nothing,but it’s a calculated risk at the moment and 3000 people crowded in a venue is a massive risk

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Where has the covid 3 topic gone? 

It's been renamed probably because there was more than 3 there.

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Definitely ? You've got no way of knowing that . Hospitality and events have had a lower rate of spreading than households/work places . 

Also I'm sure i read that alot of teams had Xmas doos although no photos have surfaced yet .😏

Just now, Claridge said:

Yes I would, that would be a stupid thing to do. I don’t want them to stay in and do nothing,but it’s a calculated risk at the moment and 3000 people crowded in a venue is a massive risk

So nurses are wrong for going out too now? 

Blimey

I wish that doctor at St James’ park, Watford and Southampton had all stayed at home now 🤬🤬

Just now, los dedos said:

Definitely ? You've got no way of knowing that . Hospitality and events have had a lower rate of spreading than households/work places . 

Also I'm sure i read that alot of teams had Xmas doos although no photos have surfaced yet .😏

Hence the word almost

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Players are criticised for being boring and lacking personality. And for being out of touch with society.

Theyre then criticised for doing something incredibly normal and having a good time?

Is it any wonder so many of them are so fearful of the press?

15 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I accept that there is an increased risk at these type of events but if people shouldn't attend then why are 3000 fans allowed in at the darts?

Footballers are still normal people with lives to live, so why is it any different that they are there if others are allowed to attend? As long as they are following the guidelines laid out what's the issue?

We all have personal choices to make.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 hour ago, Claridge said:

We have a few people off with covid at work as lcfc do. We are trying to avoid catching to keep the business running by taking precautions, these players seem to be doing the total opposite. 

I work in a school, is it right that I've been to 3 football matches and spent Christmas with the family, the school could potentially be shut if too many people are off.

My idea of being sensible is different to yours, either we are able to attend live sport or we aren't.

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I take it people criticising have just stayed indoors recently then. 

To be fair it appears to be the older more miserable people that are complaining, so it's very likely :D

At least they're consistent though, I'm confident that if it was players from another team that a good percentage would be laying into them.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To be fair it appears to be the older more miserable people that are complaining, so it's very likely :D

At least they're consistent though, I'm confident that if it was players from another team that a good percentage would be laying into them.

Not really. Grealish and foden had a night on the piss the other week and nobody gives a **** bar pep because they weren't in a fit state to train the next day. Nobody is going ham on them for going night clubbing during a pandemic. 

It's really odd people are so mad they went to the darts. Baffles me. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That’s oldies for you, all miserable complaining gits who like to stay indoors.

And the answer to my earlier question was........Alex Crook on TalkSport this evening. Asked why James Maddison is always involved (er, because you chose to make him the big name) and then said Gareth Southgate wouldn't look favourably upon it (as opposed to him still picking lockdown-breakers such as Grealish, Walker and Maguire who was arrested abroad).

• Like 1