Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

7 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

That’s oldies for you, all miserable complaining gits who like to stay indoors.

I am the last to complain...Plus it seems the under 50s, started this shit...!!

I Hope Maddison and the other young LCFC Lads Enjoy the Darts..

& The goons riding those high Horses  fall off their own built Society pedestals ...

• Like 1

It’s just silly that it’s even being talked about they didn’t do anything wrong they are not hiding away making out they shouldn’t  be there. Rodgers should come out and say he let them go and enjoy themselves and everyone else just mind their own business 😂

23 minutes ago, The_77 said:

What a hero.

469789C4-94DA-4153-9629-442011A06FC1.jpeg

7FEA5F5D-27CF-43F0-AB70-DC55EAB383E3.jpeg

17A684F3-14F6-4C0F-8DD4-67058818AC48.jpeg

I don't get why he's making this a good Vs evil stance. That for some reason the players enjoying off days is 'evil' yet him travelling to all of these games and being in studios etc is somehow saving the local worker 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't get why he's making this a good Vs evil stance. That for some reason the players enjoying off days is 'evil' yet him travelling to all of these games and being in studios etc is somehow saving the local worker 

Not sure how these NHS workers can live with themselves taking all that applause when it turns out Adrian Durham was the true hero this whole time. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Not sure how these NHS workers can live with themselves taking all that applause when it turns out Adrian Durham was the true hero this whole time. 

I think it's good he's doing what he believes is right to help keep the sport we love carrying on, I just don't see why he needs to justify and push it by knocking others actions which are completely fine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think it's good he's doing what he believes is right to help keep the sport we love carrying on, I just don't see why he needs to justify and push it by knocking others actions which are completely fine. 

It’s because he’s a penis, that’s why.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I am the last to complain...Plus it seems the under 50s, started this shit...!!

I Hope Maddison and the other young LCFC Lads Enjoy the Darts..

& The goons riding those high Horses  fall off their own built Society pedestals ...

I was trying to be subtlety sarcastic.

8 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I can see both sides of this.

The fact that we've had games called off for Covid already will annoy people when seeing some of our players going to events like the darts, risking a further Covid outbreak in the squad and more postponed games.

But, the club will surely have rules about this kind of behaviour during this time. If they don't, then it's the club's fault. If they do, then I suspect that the players didn't break those rules.

The fact that we should hold these guys to a higher standard than ourselves because they're employed to entertain us is a bit messed up really. We've been encouraged to spend money on services, in restaurants, pubs, etc., on events and experiences like the cinema, theatre and live sport, in order to keep these industries alive after being decimated through lockdown. Yet these guys are getting pelters for spending their riches on those same things. It's really weird.

Incidentally, I think the games should just go ahead. Force affected clubs to utilise their academies (including us). So what if it 'devalues' the league. We've allowed the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League to be 'devalued' by fielding weakened teams in normal seasons. So why not make teams use their academy players if the first team has been depleted by Covid? The lack of young players being given a chance is bemoaned all the time, so this is the perfect opportunity for teams to use all the resources at their disposal. Also, if games weren't being cancelled, surely they'd be imposing rules on their players in order to field the strongest line-ups possible?

As an older bloke l have chosen not to frequent pubs, restaurants etc. I don't have a problem with those that do. The players have not broken any rules.  If the government does not think there is sufficient cause to close premises then lay off. The rest is just blah blah  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I can see both sides of this.

The fact that we've had games called off for Covid already will annoy people when seeing some of our players going to events like the darts, risking a further Covid outbreak in the squad and more postponed games.

But, the club will surely have rules about this kind of behaviour during this time. If they don't, then it's the club's fault. If they do, then I suspect that the players didn't break those rules.

The fact that we should hold these guys to a higher standard than ourselves because they're employed to entertain us is a bit messed up really. We've been encouraged to spend money on services, in restaurants, pubs, etc., on events and experiences like the cinema, theatre and live sport, in order to keep these industries alive after being decimated through lockdown. Yet these guys are getting pelters for spending their riches on those same things. It's really weird.

Incidentally, I think the games should just go ahead. Force affected clubs to utilise their academies (including us). So what if it 'devalues' the league. We've allowed the FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League to be 'devalued' by fielding weakened teams in normal seasons. So why not make teams use their academy players if the first team has been depleted by Covid? The lack of young players being given a chance is bemoaned all the time, so this is the perfect opportunity for teams to use all the resources at their disposal. Also, if games weren't being cancelled, surely they'd be imposing rules on their players in order to field the strongest line-ups possible?

Excellent post. Well said.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Md9 said:

It’s just silly that it’s even being talked about they didn’t do anything wrong they are not hiding away making out they shouldn’t  be there. Rodgers should come out and say he let them go and enjoy themselves and everyone else just mind their own business 😂

With the game called off, the City players were given the weekend off. In such circumstances, they do not need to seek the club’s permission to attend events, and going to the darts is seen by City as no different to the players going to a restaurant, football match or similar.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/maddison-barnes-choudhury-leicester-darts-6432650

• Like 2

I think some people have got so used to criticising and sneering at the behaviour of others that they've forgotten what they're sneering at. It's one thing to criticise politicians who are seemingly following a different set of rules to everyone else, but another to chastise footballers for operating within the current guidelines. 

The rules only existed to stop the NHS getting overwhelmed and protect the most vulnerable in society. It's highly unlikely that these players will end up occupying hospital beds as a result of this trip and it's there is no evidence that they're putting vulnerable individuals at risk. In fact, the biggest risk to them might very well have been the three blokes sitting behind them who don't look very pleased with the attention they might be getting. 

Really, the very worst that's likely to happen, is a Premier League football match gets called off. In the bigger scheme of things that probably isn't something we should be worrying about.