Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

13 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

He should have used appropriate protection then.

Maybe he could have wrapped a mask around it.

I’m ****ing ashamed I’ve laughed out loud at this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

He wasn’t even sat at a table acting responsibly. He was dancing on peoples shoulders and spreading it around at the ****ing height of a global pandemic. 

Did the 4th official see that nudge by the bloke in the tuxedo. It was minimal, but there was definite contact. I think that's why Salah went down.

Definite penalty for me.

Have any of the 3 games we have had cancelled actually been solely down to Leicester?

Spurs were struggling more than us at the time and also wanted the game canned and I’d wager if they were happy to play the game would have gone ahead, where as both Everton and Norwich solely down to them.

Seems the club with the most injuries and the busiest Xmas schedule now can’t whinge despite showing their willingness to honour the schedule because some players went to a darts match and not locked in padded rooms like every other premiership player presumably has been, unbelievable Jeff.

36 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Have any of the 3 games we have had cancelled actually been solely down to Leicester?

Spurs were struggling more than us at the time and also wanted the game canned and I’d wager if they were happy to play the game would have gone ahead, where as both Everton and Norwich solely down to them.

Seems the club with the most injuries and the busiest Xmas schedule now can’t whinge despite showing their willingness to honour the schedule because some players went to a darts match and not locked in padded rooms like every other premiership player presumably has been, unbelievable Jeff.

Spurs wanted the game called off so they could play Rennes 

once the PL rejected that course, they travelled up for the game. They did not have enough covid/injuries to cancel the game 

Everton weren’t very bothered about our request to postpone but the request definitely came from us 

norwich was nothing to do with us 

5 hours ago, Harboro said:

New goal music?

Yes, we can use it to goad the opposition when we win, too.

Every goal for us followed by 'IIIIIN ONE', 'IIIIIIIN TWO'

Then at full time we wheel a speedboat onto the centre circle and the Birch looks to the away end while shouting 'look at what you coulda won'. 

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Yes, we can use it to goad the opposition when we win, too.

Every goal for us followed by 'IIIIIN ONE', 'IIIIIIIN TWO'

Then at full time we wheel a speedboat onto the centre circle and the Birch looks to the away end while shouting 'look at what you coulda won'. 

And Kasper can receive it from him, saying “I’ve had a lovely day birch, I think I’m going to give it to charity”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

May 14th, 2022. Leicester City retain the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Liverpool, thanks to a Maddison hat trick. After waiting his turn to lift the trophy, he looks right down the camera and says in a Scouse accent “look at what you could have won”, while Vardy walks in front singing the Bullseye theme tune with a ball stuffed up his jersey. Bom bom, bom bom bom bom bom bom, bom bom bom…

Scouse piss is well and truly boiled.

Hamza offers Adrian Durham a speedboat, which he can’t accept because he’s self isolating. 

If Carlsberg did Darts nights

• Haha 1

Points reduction or not derby surviving in the championship isn't a miracle it's probably like 60 pts whats that mid table for a team like derby in championship is about the going rate and as one of them said in the OP the level of competition is literally a league above. 

Edited by LestaFox92
  • Like 3

If you look at last season's table, finishing 10th would have still kept you up even with a 21 point deduction. TENTH.

It'd be a good achievement, sure, but the bottom of the championship is so poor that mid-table form is enough to give you a fighting chance at staying up even with such a big handicap.

It wouldn't even surpass our great escape achievement from 14-15, never mind the title win.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 3

It'd be a decent achievement for sure, nothing compared to ours.

What people should be pointing out is that they're now level with their PL points tally from 2008 despite having had a 21 point deduction. A reminder that they are quite literally the worst PL team of all time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It definitely could happen. Only 3 teams in the league have a better defensive record than them and there's some absolute dog muck hovering in the few places above the drop zone. They'll overtake Barnsley and Peterborough for sure.

35 minutes ago, Xen said:

If you look at last season's table, finishing 10th would have still kept you up even with a 21 point deduction. TENTH.

It'd be a good achievement, sure, but the bottom of the championship is so poor that mid-table form is enough to give you a fighting chance at staying up even with such a big handicap.

It wouldn't even surpass our great escape achievement from 14-15, never mind the title win.

I wouldn't go that far. The run we strung together was remarkable but we shouldn't have been cut adrift at the bottom of the league for half a season in the first place. Also, we didn't receive points deduction and we were allowed to buy players.

45 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It'd be a decent achievement for sure, nothing compared to ours.

What people should be pointing out is that they're now level with their PL points tally from 2008 despite having had a 21 point deduction. A reminder that they are quite literally the worst PL team of all time.

I was genuinely worried that it was going to be beaten by Sheff Utd last season :sweating: 

Newcastle and Burnley are already on 11pts and Norwich are on 10pts. Surely they'll pick up a couple of points at some stage :fc:

• Like 1