Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

32 minutes ago, s11nny said:

He must be on the wind up. He’s not registered in the 25man premier league squad so can’t play anyway. This is obvious though, surely he must know this?

He's a u21, wouldn't need to be in the 25 man squad, which doesn't actually matter in January since the transfer window is open.

But he's a tawt, and we loaned someone to a League 2 side, ffs. He is touting the PL2 player of the month award like Messi is weeping that it isn't in his trophy cabinet!

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are kind of both right. He doesn't need to be the 25 man squad but equally, he's not considered as having first team experience. Therefore not eligible as one of the available outfield players with senior experience that the PL may insist the game is on. 

Oh I agree. Youth team players do not need to be in the 25 but also under this current ruling they have to have first team experience for PL to count towards 13 to get a game on

• Like 1

I didn't really know where to put this, but I just wanted to have a rant somewhere about crap click bait. The very worst being: "Leicestershire Live"

I really hate that rag and chastise myself every time I fall for one of their shamelessly misleading headlines. They literally never have any news about Leicester City that isn't already publically available or just rehash old stories as new news. 

The latest: "Newcastle transfer hands Leicester City £20m boost ahead of Burnley clash". The only boost to us being that he might not be available for Burnley's next game - against us!

Absolute t**sers!! - I'm going to sit on my hands if I'm ever tempted to follow one of their links again. 

Thanks for listening .... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, s11nny said:

He must be on the wind up. He’s not registered in the 25man premier league squad so can’t play anyway. This is obvious though, surely he must know this?

he can play as he doesn't need to be registered but he's never played so doesn't meet the criteria for the League to force us to play

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Am I correct in saying that if one of the youngsters plays for the u23s and the first team that means they can’t go on loan? You can’t play for three clubs in a season. 

Sure this happened with Ben Arfa or similar? It might have been clarified since 

Our U23 and our first team are different clubs ?.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Our U23 and our first team are different clubs ?.

I’ve looked at the Ben Arfa case. He’d played for Hull on loan from Newcastle. However had 1 game for the Under 23s at Newcastle which FIFA took as an official game and meant he couldn’t play for Nice. 

I just didn’t know if FIFA foresee under 23s in competitive competitions like Papa John’s as a separate entity. Trying to think of a player for us who may played first team, u23 and then loan deal all in one season and I’m struggling. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve looked at the Ben Arfa case. He’d played for Hull on loan from Newcastle. However had 1 game for the Under 23s at Newcastle which FIFA took as an official game and meant he couldn’t play for Nice. 

I just didn’t know if FIFA foresee under 23s in competitive competitions like Papa John’s as a separate entity. Trying to think of a player for us who may played first team, u23 and then loan deal all in one season and I’m struggling. 

no playing for the U23s and our first team would all be one club as far as that rule is concerned

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no playing for the U23s and our first team would all be one club as far as that rule is concerned

Just looked Barnes and Knight have done it where playing for both teams plus a loan club. Wondered if that may have stemmed our recultance to field under 23s 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes - he played for Newcastle and hull in the same season so couldn’t play for a third club (irrelevant whether was U23 or first team). 

maybe I’m miss understanding you ….

3 hours ago, s11nny said:

He must be on the wind up.

None so easy to wind up as football fans.  As repeated reaction to him all over this forum attests.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

@UpTheLeagueFox is AD ok Geoff he seems irrationally angry atm?

Has he driven Mr Peters into hiding on here?  That won't do.

Come back Geoff, we don't blame you for having co-worker(s) that reek.

29 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

If Everton fans are STILL getting on their high horse about the postponement I would ask them to think about this: We beat Liverpool with our 2nd team - We thrashed Watford with our 3rd team - would you really have wanted to be badly embarrassed by our 4th team or our Under 18s??

Lets face it, the way you're playing at the moment even our Under 12s would be favourites to beat you!  🤪

Thing is, the way we’ve playing this season and for the most part of the past 12 months I wouldn’t be confident or expect us to beat them with the seasoned senior pros/players playing in their preferred position.

As you say we beat Liverpool with our 2nd team, Watford with our ‘3rd team’ (if you must) again the starting 11 wasn’t that bad and we’ve played well in both - could coincidence but I’d have had more faith in those sides beating Everton.

As for the 3rd team point, don’t think we have one, that’s the reason we’re having to cry games off.

4 hours ago, s11nny said:

Why on earth do people keep saying this, it’s utter nonsense. Any of the u21’s can play as they are all registered, they are all listed on the premier league squads website. 

The experience rule only comes into play when we want to postpone. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why on earth do people keep saying this, it’s utter nonsense. Any of the u21’s can play as they are all registered, they are all listed on the premier league squads website. 

you cant judge everyone on your own level babs ..............  haven't you realised this after so many years on here!

• Like 1

The Prem have messed the rules up on these postponements to be honest. There isn't really the incentive for a team to throw an untried U23 into a game and have it played as that 1 match experience then means he contributes to the 13 available for future games which reduces future flexibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Also, it's January. The transfer window is open. There won't even be a 25-man squad until it closes. Any registered player can play right now.

• Like 1