Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

I heard second hand that Shilts had similar problems in the forest corporate a few years ago when asked directly during a q&a ahead of a match v us

Apprantly stumbled and bumbled - forest were paying him for the gig after all - and was forced to admit he was a City but 'couldn't lose' on this particular day

On 13/01/2022 at 20:38, Paninistickers said:

I heard second hand that Shilts had similar problems in the forest corporate a few years ago when asked directly during a q&a ahead of a match v us

Apprantly stumbled and bumbled - forest were paying him for the gig after all - and was forced to admit he was a City but 'couldn't lose' on this particular day

I never heard Shilton talk about Leicester until our recent success. Happy for someone to correct me but he always appeared to lean towards Forest.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I never heard Shilton talk about Leicester until our recent success. Happy for someone to correct me but he always appeared to lean towards Forest.

Ex-players always want to be associated with the currently successful clubs they once played for (Robbie Savage is now introduced as ex-Leicester). Shilts is a Leicester lad so you'd expect him to have the connection but, as you say, he wasn't very vocal before. 

28 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Alan Smith was the worst as a pundit he never gave any indication re his Leicester connection it was always Arsenal and was very noticeable when we won the league.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Ex-players always want to be associated with the currently successful clubs they once played for (Robbie Savage is now introduced as ex-Leicester). Shilts is a Leicester lad so you'd expect him to have the connection but, as you say, he wasn't very vocal before. 

Yeah I have no doubt they lean towards their most successful club, it makes sense really, and he won basically everything at Forest. I have no doubt he supports us etc but until recently I never heard it from him.

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

Alan Smith was the worst as a pundit he never gave any indication re his Leicester connection it was always Arsenal and was very noticeable when we won the league.

With the exception of on FIFA, where I am sick of him talking about his time at Leicester and how far the club has come EVERY SINGLE LEICESTER GAME

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Whoever is paying him.dollar for an after dinner or corporate meet and greet

But, he's 100% a city fan in his own weird way.  i suspect he prefers to hedge his bets and not alienate any potential black tie booking by aligning himself to close to anything 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Discussing what's the better achievement on Talksport. 

Derby if they were to survive or us winning the league. 

Thankfully Darren Bent speaks a lot of sense and gave the correct answer... 

If you add 21pts to Derby they would be mid-table. I don’t get the hype

Edited by jmono84

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Please please tell me we didn't have many fans ringing in lol

Nah there was 1 fan that said it was better than everything, including the 2 comparisons above, as well as Forest's 2 European Cup  victories :D

Some of the other pundits were gunning for Rooney and Derby as better than Zidane's achievement... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

If you add 21pts to Derby they would be mid-table. I don’t get the hype

Someone mentioned this same topic the other day. I looked at last season and you could've given a 21 point deduction to the team in 10th and they still would have survived.

So what they're essentially saying is that finishing in the top 10 of the championship is equivalent to our title win. It's not even close to our great escape season, let alone one of the greatest achievements in football ever.

Granted there's a different psychology to starting with a 21 point deficit and they're restricted financially, but it doesn't make it into some miraculous achievement that's worthy of comparison like that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Should take it as a compliment, every time something majorly unexpected or miraculous happens in sport you will forever hear the words ‘how does it compare to Leicester City winning the premier league’

Its wearing a bit thin with me. Its as if it was the likes of Halifax Town that won rather than a top 20 club in the all-time Premier League table. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nah there was 1 fan that said it was better than everything, including the 2 comparisons above, as well as Forest's 2 European Cup  victories :D

Some of the other pundits were gunning for Rooney and Derby as better than Zidane's achievement... 

Atleast everyone saw sense then.