Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

53 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Who were 1 or 2? Man Utd and Barcelona?

Arsenal and Man Utd 1 and 2 (that order), Barcelona 16thlol in fairness you ask random people many of which won’t be football fans at all it’s not a surprise the order looks a bit dodgy. Because of the media attention around that title win a lot more will know us that otherwise wouldn’t. 

Edit: then again just noticed Palace in 9th ahead of the likes of Everton, Man City, West Ham, doesn’t make any sense at all. 

Edited by Yes

36 minutes ago, Langston said:

It's such a tedious debate. Pearson is arguably my favourite ever Leicester manager mainly because I absolutely loved following his sides but Schmeichel is essentially saying Ranieiri lucked out over a 38 game season. The "never beaten lightly" myth about 14/15 is exactly that, too. We were absolutely horrid in a lot of games where we'd never lay a glove on sides.

We needed both of those managers to win the league, I don't get why people have to pick a side. 

Agree with this. Pearson did the ground work for a lot of what followed, but don't tell me Claudio wasn't absolutely perfect for us that season. He had the right attitude and personality to get everything out of those players and tactically he really played to their strengths. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Pearson wouldn’t have won the league in 2016. Ranieri wouldn’t have won the league without Pearson’s foundations. End of.

Precisely. Pearson set the winning mentality of the squad and then Ranieri ensured it stayed that way and that the media circus that followed us that season wasn't a distraction.

Perfect recipe for success. 

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I think it's less a case of people 'Picking a side', and far more a case of people fed up of the disrespect Pearson gets.

Twice, he did a tremendous job here. He lost his job here once because of his own actions, and the other, because the club massively disrespected him.

For me, and many others, he's the main 'Manager' that has contributed to where we are.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves for the positive impact he had on Vichai and Top. He showed them, along with Shakespeare and Walsh, that there is far more to it, than the 'Sven approach'. 

How did the club massively disrespect him? Nobody knows what really happened do they?

35 minutes ago, Claridge said:

How did the club massively disrespect him? Nobody knows what really happened do they?

If a manager gets you promoted, and then takes you to the playoffs the following season, 'Pushing him' out the door is extremely disrespectful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I think it's less a case of people 'Picking a side', and far more a case of people fed up of the disrespect Pearson gets.

Twice, he did a tremendous job here. He lost his job here once because of his own actions, and the other, because the club massively disrespected him.

For me, and many others, he's the main 'Manager' that has contributed to where we are.

He doesn't get the credit he deserves for the positive impact he had on Vichai and Top. He showed them, along with Shakespeare and Walsh, that there is far more to it, than the 'Sven approach'. 

I'm not sure about that, I don't think you will find many City fans who haven't got a good word to stay about NP. 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Nah there is a really weird group who dislike the man and won't want to credit him.

I don't get it, he is a massive part of where we are today, he wasn't perfect but neither was O'Neill or any other successful City manager.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They had Sousa in the directors box when NP was still in charge no?

Wasn't that down to Mandaric? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not sure about that, I don't think you will find many City fans who haven't got a good word to stay about NP. 

Did ever find out who the person was who was abusing Pearson from the stands and got told to FOAD? I wonder if that fan still feels proud of himself. 

We can talk about how entitled some fans are now but that guy from 2014 was way worse than anyone from this season. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1