Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 29/01/2022 at 08:04, FoxyLeon said:

If you've been to a Villa vs Birmingham game, you will see why all the 'East Midlands rivalries' are a complete farce.

Lucky to get a ticket with a Birmingham fan in the away end at Villa Park a few years back, game was a terrible 0-0, but the atmosphere was incredible, and outside the ground, it was very very spicy.

Inner city derbies (IMO) are always a bit more nasty. Excepting possibly the South Wales but both set of supporters there are still likely to work with each other. 

20 hours ago, Rain King said:

Only remember as I was there and it was Kamark's last appearance for us.

Forest were about to be managerless and there were rumours going around that they were after O'Neill despite being relegated. Their fans were singing 'Martin's coming home'

Exhbit number 1.million and 33 of their astonishing delusion. 

They actually believed he'd leave us, a top 10, cup and European contender for them, freshly relegated (and by a country mile, think sheffield united level of ineptitude) ....not to mention, he'd ALREADY turned them down about 2 years earlier and chose Norwich instead, such was his 'love' for forest. 

• Haha 1

On 29/01/2022 at 08:04, FoxyLeon said:

If you've been to a Villa vs Birmingham game, you will see why all the 'East Midlands rivalries' are a complete farce.

Lucky to get a ticket with a Birmingham fan in the away end at Villa Park a few years back, game was a terrible 0-0, but the atmosphere was incredible, and outside the ground, it was very very spicy.

Villa/Birmingham probably puts most derbies to shame. It's one of the best derbies in the Country, definitely in the top 3 for me.

On 03/02/2022 at 10:07, Fox92 said:

Villa/Birmingham probably puts most derbies to shame. It's one of the best derbies in the Country, definitely in the top 3 for me.

For pure hatred, there’s not a fiercer one in the country. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Haha still find it funny how dumb people are to hate other people cus they support a different football team

Bit of banter and rivalry is fine, but foaming at the mouth and turning into a slobbering neanderthal cus someone happened to support a certain team is probably as pathetic as it gets lol

an instinctive and primal reason - tribal. A sense of belonging to a tribe and we must do anything to protect it. 

I agree, and never understand violence towards another person just because they support another team. One time I went to a wolves/Leicester game and walked with a wolves fan. Just had a great conversation about football, bit of banter, but nothing else. Got to the stadium shook hands (pre-covid, before any asks haha) and we went our separate ways. 

It frustrates me when I see people fighting at stadiums over a football match.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha still find it funny how dumb people are to hate other people cus they support a different football team

Bit of banter and rivalry is fine, but foaming at the mouth and turning into a slobbering neanderthal cus someone happened to support a certain team is probably as pathetic as it gets lol

Agreed. I've known a fair few West Brom and Villa fans through work, family or socially and they've all been sound. 

Never met a decent Birmingham fan though. They've all got chips on their shoulders thinking they're bigger than they are. Same with Walsall fans. 

Edited by The Bear

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. I've known a fair few West Brom and Villa fans through work, family or socially and they've all been sound. 

Never met a decent Birmingham fan though. They've all got chips on their shoulders thinking they're bigger than they are. Same with Walsall fans. 

Are we allowed to call them small time for leaning on their League Cup win now we've got the FA Cup (and that other one) under our belt? 👀

I had a good chat with a Liverpool fan before the game.  Initially, he was being a bit tribal but we went our separate ways with an 'enjoy the game'.

It is shameful watching footage of so.e people going to watch the game I  the Leicester end being stupid. Can't use the term 'fans'.

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

in all seriousness, it’s mad how so much can change in a year …..

I think this is the thing that hits the most. It’s been a year since we were flavour of the month. The perfect model. 

This current predicament is perhaps a learning curve for so many in management positions for us. Change at the right time is so hard to get right.

Not that I care that much but the Forest/Derby love in is so cringe. Never seen a pair of "rivals" that love each other so much. Derby are a small tinpot club anyway but their whole rivalry reeks of teenage love relationship..