Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not much new here but the comments re. Seagrave are interesting:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/02/07/reasons-leicester-citys-season-danger-unravelling/

Speaks to the mentality issue that Rodgers highlighted. 

Link behind a pay wall.

I was thinking about the new training facility earlier and feel one problem is they are out of sight over there.

At Belvoir Drive, there were houses over looking the training pitches. Who knows the psychology that had over the players? Not just fans could see the training but, potentially, the media.

Now they are 'secreted' away who knows what's going on.

I've referred to the Forana clips of his rehabilitation at Seagrave before and highlighted, partly tongue in cheek, that you don't see anyone else training!

Also, someone on here referred to a clip a player posted that appeared to show Lookman nodding off whilst there!

We need accountability.

Just like that coach at the end of the Italian Job, we are teetering on the brink and to continue with that analogy, I'll quote Charlie Crocker: 'Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea'.

Webcams. Cover the training areas at Seagrave with webcams. Not the treatment rooms necessarily,  but the gyms and the pitches especially.

Then we can have scrutiny and accountability.

Of course, switch them off when practising specific tactics (I assume they do do that, don't they?) but all other times let's have them on view, just like the old days at Belvoir Drive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Link behind a pay wall.

I was thinking about the new training facility earlier and feel one problem is they are out of sight over there.

At Belvoir Drive, there were houses over looking the training pitches. Who knows the psychology that had over the players? Not just fans could see the training but, potentially, the media.

Now they are 'secreted' away who knows what's going on.

I've referred to the Forana clips of his rehabilitation at Seagrave before and highlighted, partly tongue in cheek, that you don't see anyone else training!

Also, someone on here referred to a clip a player posted that appeared to show Lookman nodding off whilst there!

We need accountability.

Just like that coach at the end of the Italian Job, we are teetering on the brink and to continue with that analogy, I'll quote Charlie Crocker: 'Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea'.

Webcams. Cover the training areas at Seagrave with webcams. Not the treatment rooms necessarily,  but the gyms and the pitches especially.

Then we can have scrutiny and accountability.

Of course, switch them off when practising specific tactics (I assume they do do that, don't they?) but all other times let's have them on view, just like the old days at Belvoir Drive.

I think the mods have said we shouldn’t post the copy from paywall articles. 

The article says some players miss Belvoir Drive as the smaller surroundings helped support team morale and they’ve not settled yet at Seagrave. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think the mods have said we shouldn’t post the copy from paywall articles. 

The article says some players miss Belvoir Drive as the smaller surroundings helped support team morale and they’ve not settled yet at Seagrave. 

Don't link them, yup.

But there's a trick on their page where you can hit reload, press the little X while it's loading back in and the article block won't be there, allowing you to read it in full! lollollol

They need a better web designer

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Don't link them, yup.

But there's a trick on their page where you can hit reload, press the little X while it's loading back in and the article block won't be there, allowing you to read it in full! lollollol

if you use firfox there is an excellent paywall blocker...just sayin :)

On 06/02/2022 at 02:39, fox_favourite said:

It frustrates me when I see people fighting at stadiums over a football match.

most of them aren't fighting over the match, the match is just an excuse to have a fight 

knuckle-dragging, out of shape fat lads with nothing better to do. and by all accounts, not even all that good at it given the absolute thumping the Russians dished out at euro 2016. if you're gonna make ur social life about fighting get down the gym, not the pub maybe. lol 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Don't link them, yup.

Alternatively: www.12ft.io

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

most of them aren't fighting over the match, the match is just an excuse to have a fight 

knuckle-dragging, out of shape fat lads with nothing better to do. and by all accounts, not even all that good at it given the absolute thumping the Russians dished out at euro 2016. if you're gonna make ur social life about fighting get down the gym, not the pub maybe. lol 

Yea lone fans been attacked by 5 or 6 Russian fans at a time was an absolute thumping.  If it happened the other way round you'd be outraged .

People got seriously hurt by those Russians and as usual it wasn't the guys who were looking for it .

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Think you'd need more than a gym membership to compete with the Russian lot, they do training camps for it and initiations where they just take beatings 

13 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Completely agree with your first point and i find it amusing watching 'lads' turn up to the football just to stand gesturing to the home/away support for 90 minutes. It's beyond me why anyone would waste so much money on a ticket to not even watch the bloody match lol

That last bit about the Russians dishing out a thumping is rubbish though lol

The russians grouped in numbers at euro 2016 and picked off individuals that got left behind and gave them a pasting. Some fans were left with life changing injuries.

When your outnumbered 6/7 to 1 it doesn't matter how much time you spend in the gym you'll still get a pasting. 

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I sighed and turned this off when Adam Crafton (don't know who this is?) started yabbering about the quality of our squad relative to "The Big Six." 

I'm really bored of hearing this. Rodgers probably had the third best squad in the league in 19/20 and arguably under-performed a little after the slump in the new year, we were in a title race (albeit a somewhat unsustainable one given the vast quality of Liverpool and Man City) at Christmas ffs. Who do you even compare us to? Chelsea had their transfer ban and were playing a bunch of kids that now can't get in the squad or have been sold, Tottenham were a shambles, Arsenal had one of the worst squads in their history and United were a mess with a few genuine stars diluted by absolute muck. 

20/21 I'd say was a bit different, I think he delivered near exactly par last year, I'd say 5th is about right on balance. I still don't think United were exceptional on paper but clearly Chelsea were vastly improved once Tuchel came in. I don't think we even 'bottled' last year to be honest, I just think the table told an accurate picture once all 38 games were played. Whilst the start of 19/20 was the best football we've played in a spell under Rodgers, last year was obviously his best here across the whole season.

This season with the injuries, the poor form, COVID and other clubs across the board reinforcing then, yeah, absolutely we're probably struggling to compete with the 'big six' and I can understand that. But please, for the love of God, stop pushing this myth that we somehow wildly over-achieved with two fifth place finishes. We were there on the strength of a really good squad compared to the rest of the league.

Fair assessment I think and 19/20 was a serious missed opportunity, but the last couple of years has been a bit of a damp squib as it seems like this malaise has been here for a while despite last years evident successes.

Adam Crafton, seemingly (self?) important Athletic journo, bit like David Ornstien (?)

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

it would be nice if press, especially the local guy stopped trying to be Brendan's friend and treated him the same way they did Pearson, they gave him such a grilling Rodgers is barely quizzed

Probably thought they could annoy him enough to get a clickbaitey line out of Pearson.

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I sighed and turned this off when Adam Crafton (don't know who this is?) started yabbering about the quality of our squad relative to "The Big Six." 

I'm really bored of hearing this. Rodgers probably had the third best squad in the league in 19/20 and arguably under-performed a little after the slump in the new year, we were in a title race (albeit a somewhat unsustainable one given the vast quality of Liverpool and Man City) at Christmas ffs. Who do you even compare us to? Chelsea had their transfer ban and were playing a bunch of kids that now can't get in the squad or have been sold, Tottenham were a shambles, Arsenal had one of the worst squads in their history and United were a mess with a few genuine stars diluted by absolute muck. 

20/21 I'd say was a bit different, I think he delivered near exactly par last year, I'd say 5th is about right on balance. I still don't think United were exceptional on paper but clearly Chelsea were vastly improved once Tuchel came in. I don't think we even 'bottled' last year to be honest, I just think the table told an accurate picture once all 38 games were played. Whilst the start of 19/20 was the best football we've played in a spell under Rodgers, last year was obviously his best here across the whole season.

This season with the injuries, the poor form, COVID and other clubs across the board reinforcing then, yeah, absolutely we're probably struggling to compete with the 'big six' and I can understand that. But please, for the love of God, stop pushing this myth that we somehow wildly over-achieved with two fifth place finishes. We were there on the strength of a really good squad compared to the rest of the league.

I agree with you mostly but I think we had 2 seasons where our players generally had the best form of their careers at the same time and this year no one has.

This is possibly what Brendan is alluding to when he says top players maintain their high levels consistently whereas others can't.

Soyunchu springs to mind here. Everyone else seems to have been either injured or not picked like Iheanacho.

Half the squad have probably lost motivation when he said that there's gonna be a summer clear out. Those on their way know who they are and will bring Brendan down on the way. This motivational tactic has backfired massively.

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I agree with you mostly but I think we had 2 seasons where our players generally had the best form of their careers at the same time and this year no one has.

This is possibly what Brendan is alluding to when he says top players maintain their high levels consistently whereas others can't.

Soyunchu springs to mind here. Everyone else seems to have been either injured or not picked like Iheanacho.

Half the squad have probably lost motivation when he said that there's gonna be a summer clear out. Those on their way know who they are and will bring Brendan down on the way. This motivational tactic has backfired massively.

Or they get a 🚀 up their backside and buck their ideas up to prove they deserve to stay?

I think there is truth in the statement he made, but it is also his little 3 envelope trick broadcast to the public instead of behind closed doors.

Edited by Riyad_Suarez
  • Like 1