Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

54 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That goal lifted us out the doldrums at our lowest ebb and we're not one of the 5 biggest clubs in the country. For their size Arsenal have done nothing of note at the Emirates. 

No it didn't. We would have won the league with or without that goal.

That goal I'd so well remembered by Leicester fans because it was wildly celebrated. That'd the same reason why Arsenal fans wildly celebrated that goal.

Are you suggesting you shouldn't fondly remember a goal if, by the end of the season, it didn't account for a trophy?

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

No it didn't. We would have won the league with or without that goal.

That goal I'd so well remembered by Leicester fans because it was wildly celebrated. That'd the same reason why Arsenal fans wildly celebrated that goal.

Are you suggesting you shouldn't fondly remember a goal if, by the end of the season, it didn't account for a trophy?

Yeah but didn't that goal essentially confirm that going up was a formality.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don’t think I’ll love a manager more than I’ll ever love Nigel. Hero.

That day is still up there for me as one of the greatest days as a fan. It was one of those days where the you’re just at the right time in life/age and all the friends, the places and the celebrations just come together perfectly. Great memories.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 14:27, NZ_Foxile said:

The usual tropes and cliches…Leicester couldn’t do better, 2016 was a long long time ago, Leicester fans are getting carried away, what the hell is wrong with Leicester fans?, not that long ago Leicester were in League One, no disrespect to Leicester blah blah  😴 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/brendan-rodgers-leicester-sack-liverpool-26204462

Articles like this were written when we sacked Ranieri. We’ve punching above our weight so long you’d think we are actually not just that plucky side from league one but a football club who gets it right most of the time. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Yes said:

It’s funny how many will forever keep up the “we don’t care” stuff even with the way they’ve gone on lol others have gone a bit quiet on that front, I think they know there’s a real possibility they end up with us in the Prem while Derby are in League 1, as much as they might act like the rivalry with Derby is everything they’d take it in a heartbeat.

The “we don’t care stuff” is largely to wind us up when it comes to Forest 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Finnegan said:

That's a bit tinpot from arsenal. Bit like Watford celebrating "Deeney day" regardless of the fact they went on to lose in the final? 

You expect it from Watford. Bit sad that Arsenal, with their long history of winning trophies, celebrating the day they scraped an extremely jammy win against the eventual champions they finished nine points behind? 

10 points in fact.  You're underplaying our achievement already. :giggle:

14 hours ago, Strokes said:

I thought that about O’Neill but then Nigel……

Hopefully we get another 

Me too …. I genuinely used to look at them both and just be proud they were our leader. 

I loved Claudio for his breath of fresh air too, but not on the scale of MON / NP.

Rodgers however…

15 hours ago, davieG said:

Well Nigel was excited by it.

Great day out at the KP this. Good example of a goal that was made even more iconic by the commentary. 

'OH AND THEY'VE DONE IT. STEVEN HOWARD. A GIANT GOAL FROM THE BIG MAN'.

1 minute ago, Jack1993 said:

I'm with you on this... I also really enjoyed how Ramsdale reacted to it when we played Arsenal, I just see it as stupid, stupid fun. 

Yeah so did I. Don’t mind players giving a bit back to fans, it’s like at the cricket with opposition fielders on the boundary, always a good laugh when they join in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

When we lost to Arsenal I was fuming with Ramsdale for about 2 minutes then that dissipated into laughter. It's great when Vardy does it and Ramsdale seems a similar kind of character 

Love goalies who give it back. Great fun. My fav for that is Steve Cherry the old Notts County, Derby etc keeper. Used to get loads from the Kop at Filbert Street, especially regarding his rather rotund appearance, but just rolled with it and actively encouraged it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Don’t care what anyone says, I hope you’re shit arghhhhh is here to stay forever in football. Always, always makes me laugh, and yeah, I know what you’re thinking, simple minds etc. but i just like it lol I also really enjoy how much it winds people on Twitter up. 

My first memory from my first ever game at Filbert Street in 1995 was that chant. As a 7 year old at the time it was the most amazing, funniest, shocking and brilliant thing I'd ever heard and I told all my school mates about it the next day.

27 years later in my mid-30's and I still love it. I always join in, it's so simple and it still makes me laugh to this day.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

My first memory from my first ever game at Filbert Street in 1995 was that chant. As a 7 year old at the time it was the most amazing, funniest, shocking and brilliant thing I'd ever heard and I told all my school mates about it the next day.

27 years later in my mid-30's and I still love it. I always join in, it's so simple and it still makes me laugh to this day.

Must be my advanced age but always thought it was daft and not funny at all.

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Must be my advanced age but always thought it was daft and not funny at all.

Do you sit there with an angry face on when it's being done at games? I just have this image in my head lol

It's typical British football banter - everyone knows it's a bit daft and a bit silly and dated but I don't know why, it still raises a smile with me and is just synonymous with Leicester in my eyes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Do you sit there with an angry face on when it's being done at games? I just have this image in my head lol

It's typical British football banter - everyone knows it's a bit daft and a bit silly and dated but I don't know why, it still raises a smile with me and is just synonymous with Leicester in my eyes.

No angry face just a silent sigh. I do like humour at games but this chant just seems tired to me.