Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t know how a clear offside goal being ruled out is considered being cheated… strange bunch 

They also still moan that Perez was handball in the build up to our goal 

So hang on:

Chelsea fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Liverpool fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Man City fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Everton fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Are there any clubs who doesn't have a segment of fans who think the system is corrupt against them? Social media just platforms these tinfoil idiots.

Referees have, for decades, made inconsistent decisions that seem to favour one team over another in this country. We're desperate for a race to the bottom here. Disparage and drive the industry of refereeing so that no-one of any decency can be bothered with the hassle, leave you with the crap for even more inconsistent refereeing.

Anyone who thinks the system IS corrupt should ask themselves why they carry on watching the game at all, frankly? If it's all decided beforehand do you do it just to wind yourself up? You know what the result is going to be so surely there's no point watching?

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

So hang on:

Chelsea fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Liverpool fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Man City fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Everton fans think the system is corrupt against their team?

Are there any clubs who doesn't have a segment of fans who think the system is corrupt against them? Social media just platforms these tinfoil idiots.

Referees have, for decades, made inconsistent decisions that seem to favour one team over another in this country. We're desperate for a race to the bottom here. Disparage and drive the industry of refereeing so that no-one of any decency can be bothered with the hassle, leave you with the crap for even more inconsistent refereeing.

Anyone who thinks the system IS corrupt should ask themselves why they carry on watching the game at all, frankly? If it's all decided beforehand do you do it just to wind yourself up? You know what the result is going to be so surely there's no point watching?

All fans will moan, as referees are inconsistent and I do feel for them in some regards as it is a fast paced sport with little reaction time so they're bound to get decisions wrong, but now we have VAR, a second look, decisions are just as inconsistent as they were!

Take the handball at Everton on Saturday as an example. How can you look at that and not think it's corrupt? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

All fans will moan, as referees are inconsistent and I do feel for them in some regards as it is a fast paced sport with little reaction time so they're bound to get decisions wrong, but now we have VAR, a second look, decisions are just as inconsistent as they were!

Take the handball at Everton on Saturday as an example. How can you look at that and not think it's corrupt? 

Rules are unnecessarily vague, emphasis on intent, or sleeve lines. Rules should be black and white.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Think self-preservation rather than outright corruption, as thr ref makes a call, and rather than look incorrect and undermine your position of strength, you just proliferate the error.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-jamie-vardy-maddison-6739148

Will Unwin (The Guardian)
Leicester City have looked short of a spark in 2022, having not won a Premier League game in January or February. It is no coincidence their form has slumped in Jamie Vardy’s absence. In his first 18 minutes of action of the year he created a goal and scored another to defeat Burnley.

The former England striker came off the bench alongside James Maddison, quickly using a clever run to stay onside when his teammates could not, allowing him to lay the ball off to his fellow substitute to curl home the opener in the 82nd minute.

Vardy then used his intelligence to seal the victory in the last minute as he found space to head into an empty net to ensure Burnley ended the night in the relegation zone.

Mike McGrath (The Telegraph)
After nursing hot-water bottles on the bench for more than an hour, James Maddison and Jamie Vardy came on to prove a point and score the goals that earned Leicester their first Premier League victory of 2022.

The pair had differing reasons to celebrate their cameo performances. Maddison had paid the price for his team’s slump in form by getting dropped for their last domestic match, while Vardy returned from almost three months out with a hamstring injury and showed there is plenty of life left in his season.

Victory is the tonic that Brendan Rodgers’ team needed. They had dropped down the table since this match was called off in January when Burnley had a Covid-19 outbreak. At the time they were eighth in the table, yet their run of results saw them looking nervously down rather than up, while Sean Dyche’s team had gained momentum in the survival battle.

Any fears of getting dragged into the bottom part of the table were eased when Maddison came on and curled into the bottom corner after he was teed up by fellow sub Vardy. Vardy then scored himself with a header to seal the victory and surpass Ian Wright's record of 93 Premier League goals after turning 30.

Tom Collomosse (Daily Mail)
Jamie Vardy needed just 20 minutes to show Leicester what they have been missing as he inspired the Foxes to their first league win of 2022.

After more than two months out with a hamstring injury, Vardy replaced Patson Daka in the 72nd minute with the match goalless. He promptly set up fellow sub James Maddison for the opener and sealed the points with a header soon afterwards.

Earlier, Nick Pope looked to have lifted Burnley out of the bottom three with four brilliant saves, only for Vardy to turn the tide as Leicester won away in the league for the first time since October.

Ian Parker (The Independent)
James Maddison and Jamie Vardy came off the bench to deliver Leicester’s first Premier League win of 2022 as late goals beat Burnley 2-0 at Turf Moor.

Vardy, back from a hamstring injury, set up the first as he laid the ball off for Maddison to bend the ball beyond the excellent Nick Pope.

And Vardy got his first goal in the league since November in the final minute, left alone at the far post to head home Harvey Barnes’ cross.

It was no coincidence that this was Leicester’s first league win since Vardy’s last appearance, the 1-0 victory over Liverpool on December 28 – this has not been a good season by the Foxes’ recent standards but a win rate of 40 per cent with Vardy drops to 12.5 per cent without him.

The positives did not end there – a first-half Maxwel Cornet strike for Burnley was ruled out for offside, and with Kasper Schmeichel barely tested otherwise, this was a first clean sheet away from home in the league this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Imagine a timeline where Harry kane is a Leicester legend but we won sweet FA.  Then that England great, Jamie rat face Vardy, celebrating his Spurs hatricks with a fox hunt canter up to the King Power bench, 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Imagine a timeline where Harry kane is a Leicester legend but we won sweet FA.  Then that England great, Jamie rat face Vardy, celebrating his Spurs hatricks with a fox hunt canter up to the King Power bench, 

Doesn't even exist in the multiverse. Vardy is a Fox in every universe, even if Thanos wins!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darren Bent's view

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-jamie-vardy-cristiano-ronaldo-6744635

Former England striker claims Jamie Vardy is 'better than' Cristiano Ronaldo
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has been touted as one of the top 10 strikers in Premier League history

COMMENTS
ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
21:26, 2 MAR 2022

Jamie Vardy is 'better than' Cristiano Ronaldo as a Premier League centre forward, says Darren Bent.

The former Tottenham man made the argument went naming his 10 best strikers to have graced the Premier League.

His call was questioned by host Andy Goldstein, who was shocked by his selection.

Bent named Vardy alongside the likes of Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer and Wayne Rooney in his top 10.

He also gave the nod to Sergio Aguero, Harry Kane, Andy Cole, Ian Wright, Didier Drogba and Michael Owen.

But when it came to the Leicester striker, the pair got into a heated debate:

AG : "I've put Robbie Fowler down instead of Jamie Vardy."

DB : "Nope. But Fowler is the best finisher we've ever seen."

AG : "So you're choosing Vardy over the best finisher we've ever seen?

DB : "Yeah."

AG : "Do you want to say that sentence back to yourself?"

DB : "If you've ever played centre forward, you'll understand what I'm saying."

AG : "Cristiano Ronaldo?"

DB : "Yeah, Vardy's better than him. In terms of Premier League, Vardy. At centre forward, I'm going Vardy. Ronaldo's only recently been playing as a number nine, Vardy's been doing it the whole time."

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I know he is obviously trolling but I just don’t get it. Why go out of your way to insult Vardy when you consider his career. He came from non league and won the premier league as well as breaking the goal scoring record. He then won the FA cup. He should be hailed as the legend he is and used to inspire future players. I believe that Gabby is just a jealous little man who envies all that Vardy has done while his own career went the complete opposite way. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I know he is obviously trolling but I just don’t get it. Why go out of your way to insult Vardy when you consider his career. He came from non league and won the premier league as well as breaking the goal scoring record. He then won the FA cup. He should be hailed as the legend he is and used to inspire future players. I believe that Gabby is just a jealous little man who envies all that Vardy has done while his own career went the complete opposite way. 

complete jealousy, Vardy is so criminally underrated by everyone!  fan bases, pundits and players In my opinion, what he has done and achieved is nothing short of a miracle and should be recognised by every football fan

He epitomises everything that we love about football.  

• Like 1

Don't get me started on Darren Bent. Only scored more than 15 league goals twice. Not a better finisher than Vardy.

The rest, especially Cole/Yorke/Fowler/Kane, I'll agree with though.

I don't get why people have to compare everything though. For Vardy to even be on that list, considering he didn't start playing top flight football until he was about 28 is staggering (same applies to Ian Wright).

3 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Gabby ****ing Agbonlahor wants to talk about natural finishing ability 😂 

To be fair to him, filling time with this it means he doesn't have to work out which country paris is in and be embarrassed in the daily quiz as per usual ..... 

Also how many goals has he scored again top teams, in a tougher league than in the past. Got a chip on his shoulder, how many of these strikers other than Kane and Auguero, would do so well now?

They are all good strikers in their own right, difficult to compare, different times, differnt standard of the Prem and the level of team they are playing in. Maybe you should look at trophies as well in the equation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't get me started on Darren Bent. Only scored more than 15 league goals twice. Not a better finisher than Vardy.

The rest, especially Cole/Yorke/Fowler/Kane, I'll agree with though.

I don't get why people have to compare everything though. For Vardy to even be on that list, considering he didn't start playing top flight football until he was about 28 is staggering (same applies to Ian Wright).

The beach ball finish was superb though

• Haha 1