Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

41 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I know he is obviously trolling but I just don’t get it. Why go out of your way to insult Vardy when you consider his career. He came from non league and won the premier league as well as breaking the goal scoring record. He then won the FA cup. He should be hailed as the legend he is and used to inspire future players. I believe that Gabby is just a jealous little man who envies all that Vardy has done while his own career went the complete opposite way. 

He hasn’t the brains to troll,somebody wrote it down in big letters for him to read.

The facts are - Vardy is the 14th highest scorer in premier league history.

Only six players have a better goals to games ratio ,(Shearer,Aguero,Henry,Kane,Van Persie and Saliah )

He has scored more consecutive goals than any player in premier league history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't get me started on Darren Bent. Only scored more than 15 league goals twice. Not a better finisher than Vardy.

The rest, especially Cole/Yorke/Fowler/Kane, I'll agree with though.

I don't get why people have to compare everything though. For Vardy to even be on that list, considering he didn't start playing top flight football until he was about 28 is staggering (same applies to Ian Wright).

To be fair Bent was backing Vardy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notnow john said:

He hasn’t the brains to troll,somebody wrote it down in big letters for him to read.

Only seven players have a better goals to games ratio ,(Shearer,Aguero,Henry,Kane,Van Persie ,Saliah and Wright)

I still don't get the 'not a natural finisher' argument at all, it's utter horse sh*t. Jamie has scored some of the most outrageous goals in Premier League history, and if Aguero scored them they would be considered that by everyone. People just take him at face value and can't seem to accept a very normal lad who came up through the non league could have as much finesse and class as he has. He is the absolute definition of a clinical, natural finisher. 

22 more goals and he's in the top 10 ever (which I'm sure he'll get) so nonsense like this can't even be argued.  

Edited by Nobbyburton

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

Same crap Michael Owen spouts about Vardy

To say Vardy isn't a "natural finisher" is a lazy trope based on the perceived ruggedness of his playing style. It's just a rubbish throwaway description that means nothing.

When it actually comes to sticking the ball in the net, he scores all types of goals, and is surely one of the most clinical when it comes to chance conversion. That is the main metric that should be used when discussing "natural finishing".

Exactly, he's always right up there on the shot conversion charts, the very thing that defines somebody's finishing ability.

It's funny as well when people talk about guys like Yorke and Drogba, who are undoubtedly great players but played for the dominant teams of the time and they only had a few really good seasons or one incredible season in Drogba's case. No doubt I'd want Vardy over them in a finishing contest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

As a natural finisher Vardy is better than a lot of those he's named, why? Simply because he's scored more goals from less chances than a lot of those were afforded. That's the 1 easy metric to measure being a natural finisher. There's obviously more that goes in to technique and the quality of chances etc but again if anything that works in Vardy's favour too.

He's one of the most ruthless players the PL has ever seen. Typical of Agbonlahor though, complete clown.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

As a natural finisher Vardy is better than a lot of those he's named, why? Simply because he's scored more goals from less chances than a lot of those were afforded. That's the 1 easy metric to measure being a natural finisher. There's obviously more that goes in to technique and the quality of chances etc but again if anything that works in Vardy's favour too.

He's one of the most ruthless players the PL has ever seen. Typical of Agbonlahor though, complete clown.

Was going to say something similar. In terms of shot conversion he’s better than half of those listed. So he’s empirically a better finisher than them surely? Whether that’s “natural” or not is pure subjective conjecture. Weird. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good job we aren’t naming strikers that are better finishers than gabby, we would be here for weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Only six players have a better goals to games ratio ,(Shearer,Aguero,Henry,Kane,Van Persie and Saliah )

Also add,  he is the 2nd highest goal scorer from over the  age of 30 behind Ian Wright 

31 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah, you can argue players like Rooney, Drogba, Andy Cole, Yorke, Sheringham etc. are all round better players, that's fine. But Vardy is obviously a better finisher than those players.

there is no way Andrew Cole is better than Vardy by any criteria :)

• Like 2