Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Oddly, if you look at conversion rate % for Premier League strikers, the list of players is quite surprising.

It’s as good as any measure for a “natural finisher”. 

Vardy and Kane both feature obviously and are over 25%.  However no Owen! Not that natural! 

Shearers numbers are insane though. 

• Like 1

Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale claims Leicester striker Jamie Vardy is his toughest opponent EVER - snubbing the likes of Harry Kane, Mohamed Salah and Cristiano Ronaldo

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10590467/Arsenal-goalkeeper-Aaron-Ramsdale-claims-Leicester-striker-Jamie-Vardy-toughest-opponent-EVER.html

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 12:01, Sly said:

Vardy will always be underrated, similar to players like Milner, Ji Sung  Park, Kolo Toure, Gilberto, Hyppia, Albrighton, Friedel and Fletcher.

They’re all decent PL players that maybe deserved a bit more credit. Vardy is far, far better player then all of those bar Milner, perhaps.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

I can’t really remember him tbh so can’t comment 

Yes, exactly my point. 

Gilberto was an Arsenal invincible. 

Fletcher goes under the radar but won an awful lot with Manchester United. Different position so doesn’t get the hype, however he was an integral part of the Manchester United system for years.

On 05/03/2022 at 12:01, Sly said:

Vardy will always be underrated, similar to players like Milner, Ji Sung  Park, Kolo Toure, Gilberto, Hyppia, Albrighton, Friedel and Fletcher.

The difference is they were never a teams main man like Vardy, I don't think Vardy is underrated as much as we think 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

This headline from an ESPN article made me laugh, trying to paint Arsenal as some sort of plucky underdog gatecrashing the top 4.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4615385/arsenal-overtake-leicester-as-premier-leagues-most-likely-to-gatecrash-the-top-four

They are correct in saying Arsenal have overtaken us though. They've not just overtaken us. They've lapped us. Several times. And they're not the only club either.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This headline from an ESPN article made me laugh, trying to paint Arsenal as some sort of plucky underdog gatecrashing the top 4.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4615385/arsenal-overtake-leicester-as-premier-leagues-most-likely-to-gatecrash-the-top-four

They are correct in saying Arsenal have overtaken us though. They've not just overtaken us. They've lapped us. Several times. And they're not the only club either.

OMG that will wind their fans up  :)

AFTV are probably working up a panel discussion of this insult, and/or a boycott of ESPN  lol

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I wasn’t impressed with them yesterday and didn’t like the way we lost as I thought it was avoidable, but I must say I do like this new Arsenal side. Some great young talent there. Gabriel and White’s antics were annoying, but both are very talented centre halves. 

Just a shame Vardy wasn’t fit as he would of shut their cocky little faces up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I wasn’t impressed with them yesterday and didn’t like the way we lost as I thought it was avoidable, but I must say I do like this new Arsenal side. Some great young talent there. Gabriel and White’s antics were annoying, but both are very talented centre halves. 

Yeah they're young and only going to get better. Will be interesting to see how they cope with having the extra workload of European football next season. Not having to play that many games has definitely helped them this season.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah they're young and only going to get better. Will be interesting to see how they cope with having the extra workload of European football next season. Not having to play that many games has definitely helped them this season.

Arteta has bought a identity to Arsenal by buying young quality players who importantly are roundabout the same age which has made the players gel together better as they more likely to have the same mindset and being the same age makes them bond together

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Still don't think there is much between our best XI and Arsenal's. We were missing 6 guaranteed starters yesterday and basically went through the motions to save ourselves for Thursday. Far too early to say they've left us well behind for good. We just need to get our best players on the pitch together more often. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Still don't think there is much between our best XI and Arsenal's. We were missing 6 guaranteed starters yesterday and basically went through the motions to save ourselves for Thursday. Far too early to say they've left us well behind for good. We just need to get our best players on the pitch together more often. 

Gabriel apart, I wouldn't swap a player of theirs for ours 

Even thier good ones, we have a good equivalent and it's a toss up meaning a swap is meaningless; ramsdale or kasper, saka or Barnes, esr or madders

Fit ricardo, tielemans, kels, vards, wilf, Castagne, JJ, Fofana all walk into their team

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Gabriel apart, I wouldn't swap a player of theirs for ours 

Even thier good ones, we have a good equivalent and it's a toss up meaning a swap is meaningless; ramsdale or kasper, saka or Barnes, esr or madders

Fit ricardo, tielemans, kels, vards, wilf, Castagne, JJ, Fofana all walk into their team

Saka on the right for us would be great I think, he's the type of player we need. 

I don't think JJ, Castagne or Kel walk into their team either. We also haven't seen Wilf or Youri in any kind of form for a while. I don't want a swap, but I think you're much closer to the mark saying many of them are probably toss ups, rather than suggesting they all walk into Arsenal's team.