Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Fit ricardo, tielemans, kels, vards, wilf, Castagne, JJ, Fofana all walk into their team

Kels - really?

wilf - passing not nearly good enough for them

castagne - they are short at RB. So he or Ricky or JJ would qualify for that 

saka is an outstanding player.  You should be comparing Barnes with martinelli. 

esr is still developing 

they need a couple more to take them to the level just below liverpool and Man City. We are miles away from that …….

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Kels - really?

esr is still developing 

they need a couple more to take them to the level just below liverpool and Man City. We are miles away from that …….

Kels is miles ahead of lacazette. Same as Wilf vs Partey. 

I'm talking straight 1v1 swaps between their players and ours, not that heirs are useless. In most cases, there is not much in it. Earlier points suggested they have overtaken  us. They haven't imo. They have advanced (amd we have regressed)  to a point where there's not much between us 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Kels - really?

esr is still developing 

Why do you think their first XI is so far ahead of our first XI?

I would say that Vardy, Fofana, Justin/ Ricardo at RB, Barnes and Tielemans have the edge on their equivalents ie Lacazette, White, Tomyasu, Martinelli and Xhaka. Certainly none of the latter are significantly better. 

I think the keepers are very close, as are Maddison and Odegaard. 

Tierney and Saka are clearly better than our options at LB and RW respectively, and Partey is probably ahead of Wilf, though I've not been overly impressed with him at Arsenal. That leaves the question of whether Evans can ever get properly fit again. If he can,  I would take him over Gabriel.

So overall I think it is way closer than you suggest. 

27 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Why do you think their first XI is so far ahead of our first XI?

I would say that Vardy, Fofana, Justin/ Ricardo at RB, Barnes and Tielemans have the edge on their equivalents ie Lacazette, White, Tomyasu, Martinelli and Xhaka. Certainly none of the latter are significantly better. 

I think the keepers are very close, as are Maddison and Odegaard. 

Tierney and Saka are clearly better than our options at LB and RW respectively, and Partey is probably ahead of Wilf, though I've not been overly impressed with him at Arsenal. That leaves the question of whether Evans can ever get properly fit again. If he can,  I would take him over Gabriel.

So overall I think it is way closer than you suggest. 

Ramsdale is better than Kasper, Tierney better than Thomas, Justin or Castagne and Saka is evidently streets ahead of any right sided winger or forward we have. They have at least 1 central defender better than ours, in fact defensively they are very, very good it has to he said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Kels is miles ahead of lacazette. Same as Wilf vs Partey. 

I'm talking straight 1v1 swaps between their players and ours, not that heirs are useless. In most cases, there is not much in it. Earlier points suggested they have overtaken  us. They haven't imo. They have advanced (amd we have regressed)  to a point where there's not much between us 

I'd consider the idea of some kind of parity (initial response would be 'nope'), but 'miles ahead' just seems like a 'might as well go full-bore ridiculous' call

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This headline from an ESPN article made me laugh, trying to paint Arsenal as some sort of plucky underdog gatecrashing the top 4.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4615385/arsenal-overtake-leicester-as-premier-leagues-most-likely-to-gatecrash-the-top-four

They are correct in saying Arsenal have overtaken us though. They've not just overtaken us. They've lapped us. Several times. And they're not the only club either.

We have never really taken over them, they just had a Short unplanned timeout..

One/Two Swallow Dont make a summer,  we are just in our spring & yet to break into the Easter Parade..After only turning the Clocks back/forward a few time..

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

This headline from an ESPN article made me laugh, trying to paint Arsenal as some sort of plucky underdog gatecrashing the top 4.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/4615385/arsenal-overtake-leicester-as-premier-leagues-most-likely-to-gatecrash-the-top-four

They are correct in saying Arsenal have overtaken us though. They've not just overtaken us. They've lapped us. Several times. And they're not the only club either.

They're only having a good season because we're having such a bad one and that is a scientific fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ramsdale is better than Kasper, Tierney better than Thomas, Justin or Castagne and Saka is evidently streets ahead of any right sided winger or forward we have. They have at least 1 central defender better than ours, in fact defensively they are very, very good it has to he said. 

Fully fit White and Gabriel aren't better than Evans and Fofana.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They're only having a good season because we're having such a bad one and that is a scientific fact.

Not sure if you're joking or you've forgotten what a fact is. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Fully fit White and Gabriel aren't better than Evans and Fofana.

I think it's highly unlikely Evans ever returns to the levels we saw in 2019/20. So as I say, at least 1 of their centre halves is better than our other centre halves, Fofana aside.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I'd consider the idea of some kind of parity (initial response would be 'nope'), but 'miles ahead' just seems like a 'might as well go full-bore ridiculous' call

Just an opinion, but i find lacazette neither use nor ornament. Not one thing nor the other. No particular pace, height, strength....pretty unremarkable  skill plus not even  a goalscoring knack

27 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Just an opinion, but i find lacazette neither use nor ornament. Not one thing nor the other. No particular pace, height, strength....pretty unremarkable  skill plus not even  a goalscoring knack

Well yes, I know that. Wouldn't swap the two as I have a soft spot for Kel and he's a generator of 'lovely moments out of nowhere' , but Lacazette's game/goal ratio is almost twice as good. In that respect, Lacazette's tried to make it easier by having a pants season so far, but Iheanacho's managed to be even, er, panter.

Again, arguing he's better is an ask, but to say Iheanacho is 'miles ahead' seems silly

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ramsdale is having a good spell but most of us laughed when they signed him for £30m. Let's see if he can keep up his current form over a longer period. I'm not totally sure he's significantly better than Kasper at this stage. 

Would take a fully fit Evans and Fofana over their CBs any day. The fully fit part is admittedly a massive issue. Arsenal have been good defensively this season but they've also had the luxury of being able to field pretty much the same back 4 all season. That makes a huge difference. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Leicester/Arsenal XI

Ramsdale

Perriera/Justin Gabriel/White Fofana Tierney

Ndidi

Saka, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

But I  am a Leicester fan.  Arsenal fans would clamour for Partey and Smith-Rowe.

Ndid, Fofana and Vardy weren't playing.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They are top 4/6 so that’s being a little unfair I would suggest, sure early season they were a bit cack, but they seemed to have turned a corner at least for now

24 minutes ago, majaco said:

Leicester/Arsenal XI

Ramsdale

Ndidi

Saka, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

But I  am a Leicester fan.  Arsenal fans would clamour for Partey and Smith-Rowe.

You've only included 1 centre mid. Surely Youri is the missing link?

Arsenal's squad are young and improving, whereas ours has so many question marks all over it. Vardy, Evans and Schmeichel are closer to the end than the beginning. Ricardo, Justin and Fofana are coming back from serious injuries. Ndidi has lost form. Tielemans won't be here much longer. Daka still has to prove himself at PL level. It's not hard to see why any neutral would rather be in Arsenal's position.

33 minutes ago, majaco said:

Leicester/Arsenal XI

Ramsdale

Ndidi

Saka, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

And odegaard I/o madders 

39 minutes ago, majaco said:

Leicester/Arsenal XI

Ramsdale

Ndidi

Saka, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

Leicester/Arsenal X

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Leicester/Arsenal XI

Ramsdale

Ndidi

Saka, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

Ramsdale would be only for recent form Notning between us at full strength, they’ve just had the luxury of having a fully fit squad, winning games and that breeds confidence. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1