Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

6 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Ramsdale would be only for recent form Notning between us at full strength, they’ve just had the luxury of having a fully fit squad, winning games and that breeds confidence. 

They have been fairly fortunate with injuries - that’s not to say they haven’t had some players out for a while but it hasn’t been four or five important players for a lengthy period.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Yes said:

Saw this earlier hadn’t seen it posted before, 8th in the country for shirt sales at the start of the season, more evidence that we are in fact massive.

https://www.lovethesales.com/press/articles/football-shirt-sales

5015B1A6-A03A-4FD7-B2E3-E91FC0F1AADD.jpeg

I imagine Newcastle will rocket up that table as more and more "life long fans" come out the woodwork. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I imagine Newcastle will rocket up that table as more and more "life long fans" come out the woodwork. 

To be honest I don’t know why we went up 11 places, maybe a more unique kit? 

9 hours ago, Yes said:

Saw this earlier hadn’t seen it posted before, 8th in the country for shirt sales at the start of the season, more evidence that we are in fact massive.

https://www.lovethesales.com/press/articles/football-shirt-sales

5015B1A6-A03A-4FD7-B2E3-E91FC0F1AADD.jpeg

Dont want to be that guy but if we've gone up 11 places to 8th and Brentford when up 4 places to 13th that would imply thay last season Brentford were 17th and we were behind them on shirt sales on 19th??

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Dont want to be that guy but if we've gone up 11 places to 8th and Brentford when up 4 places to 13th that would imply thay last season Brentford were 17th and we were behind them on shirt sales on 19th??

As they got promoted via the play-off final, this would have boosted shirt sales by several thousands. This could be the reason?

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If revenue is around 7th or 8th and we finish 5th twice and win the FA cup isn't that, almost by definition, overachieving? 

The top 6 are effectively playing a different sport to us, when it comes their spending power. Look at Chelsea - they spent £100m on Lukaku and don't play him! 

Is it true that we play regularly in Europe? 

CL in 16/17

EL in 20/21

EL / ECL in 21/22

It's a long shot we'll be playing in Europe next season. 

Fair points

Its funny how expectations conveniently change though in accordance to performances

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-not-overachieving-offer-5278182.amp

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fair points

Its funny how expectations conveniently change though in accordance to performances

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-not-overachieving-offer-5278182.amp

I suppose I just question the starting position that 'saying Leicester overachieved over the last few seasons is a bad thing' 

I'm just not sure why it's a bad thing to say that? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Had a look, 20/21 they were higher, we dropped 5 places from the year before they climbed 39, think it’s only home shirt sales so that could make a big difference, our home kit this season is imo comfortably the best of the lot, less so last season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Because it’s a cop out excuse for our abysmal season this season

If we managed to finish 8th and win the ECL would it be an abysmal season?

Edited by coolhandfox

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we managed to finish 8th and win the ECL would it be an abysmal season?

Absolutely not given how awful we’ve been for the vast majority of the season.

You still won’t be able to erase that Forest defeat though, and 8th and an ECL win still wouldn’t make up for the complete embarrassment that day was.  

I don’t think it’s achievable anyway, we don’t score enough goals from open play without Vardy 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I don’t think it’s achievable anyway, we don’t score enough goals from open play without Vardy 

In 4 ECL games without Vardy, we have scored 10 goals, 8 from open play, I believe.

3 of them against the 3rd best team in Ligue 1.

With the likelihood that Vardy will be back for the PSV games. 

It's not going to be easy, but it is achievable.