Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

48 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I fear we could be sleep walking into relative oblivion under Rodgers, and although the ones who have blind faith of him and call out those who don’t have absolutely no say in the comings and goings of our manager’s, it bothers me that people are prepared to put the club in the lap of the gods 

But I could certainly do with becoming less angry about him and those who I feel can’t see what I feel I see that’s for sure 

A new manager is putting the club in the hands of God, keeping or changing managers is a lottery.

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

My prediction is we’ll have more bad days than good days under Rodgers from now until he leaves. This last month will be seen as the ‘blip’ rather than the rest of the season that went before it. And that angers me. It angers me others can’t see it, it angers me that people assume you’re entitled because of it, and it angers me that some fans are happy with it, because we won the FA Cup and finished 5th. They now want to accept mediocrity.

Don’t want to sound a twat but I’d seriously consider seeing someone if that’s how it’s making you feel. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

This is still the place to read about non LCFC media / fans opinion of us isn’t it??

Just seems to be a BR discussion, which is odd as there’s already 670 page section of the forum for that?? 

This. Absolutely.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

its squad value ..... everton are underperforming a tad ....

Squad value as in what was paid for players when they joined or what they are worth now? If the latter, surely Everton should be lower than this and West Ham should be in the top 10 somewhere?

40 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Squad value as in what was paid for players when they joined or what they are worth now? If the latter, surely Everton should be lower than this and West Ham should be in the top 10 somewhere?

Assume current

transfermrkt has them at £403m and ours at £463. Arsenal are at £468

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/startseite/verein/29

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/startseite/verein/1003

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester are targeting at least three new signings in summer with boss Brendan Rodgers insisting the club cannot be 'frightened' to let first-team stars leave after struggling this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10671471/Leicester-target-three-new-signings-willing-let-team-stars-leave.html#comments-10671471

I seem to remember him saying when he came in that he wanted to lose the tag of a 'selling club'. 

Not that I think there's anything wrong with buying and selling for a profit  and refreshing the team provided you've got good and successful people doing the finding and buying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester are targeting at least three new signings in summer with boss Brendan Rodgers insisting the club cannot be 'frightened' to let first-team stars leave after struggling this season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10671471/Leicester-target-three-new-signings-willing-let-team-stars-leave.html#comments-10671471

I do think he's right in that we need to freshen up the team and squad a little.  But the other side of the coin is changing too many all at once can be disastrous. 

Really hope we can offload some of the more expensive subs we have (Choudury/ Perez) to bring down the wage bill a bit.  Tielemans and those two going would be good.  if we have to lose another first 11 player id rather it be Soyuncu then Barnes.

• Like 1

Merc - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-transfer-liverpool-leicester-6885256

Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans could reportedly leave for as little as £25million this summer.

The Belgian has been linked with a host of clubs over recent weeks and months, including Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid. Tielemans' contract is set to expire in the summer of 2023, meaning he could leave in a cut-price deal this summer as he will only have one year left on his contract.

He has been reluctant to sign a new deal, with talks starting over a year ago. According to the Telegraph, Tielemans will be priced at £25m and is one of four players who could be considered for sale. Kelechi Iheanacho, Ayoze Perez and Caglar Soyuncu are named as the others.

Telegraph https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/31/brendan-rodgers-planning-leicester-citys-summer-rebuild/

Along with Tielemans, there are a number of other players with just over 12 months left on their deal including Perez, Bertrand, Daniel Amartey and Hamza Choudhury.

As ever, Percy speaks with authority. 

Interesting to learn that Tarks is no longer under consideration, but Madueke is. I suspect there'd be widespread agreement on FT (no really!) that the three positions mentioned in the article are those where we have the most pressing need.

Where does this leave our rumoured interest in CDK?

If we can recruit starters at no.8, RW and CB then I'd be ok seeing Tielemans, Soyuncu and Iheanacho (and other, lesser players) leave to pay for them 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davieG said:

I seem to remember him saying when he came in that he wanted to lose the tag of a 'selling club.'

Not that I think there's anything wrong with buying and selling for a profit  and refreshing the team provided you've got good and successful people doing the finding and buying.

4 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

I do think he's right in that we need to freshen up the team and squad a little.  But the other side of the coin is changing too many all at once can be disastrous. 

Really hope we can offload some of the more expensive subs we have (Choudury/ Perez) to bring down the wage bill a bit.  Tielemans and those two going would be good.  if we have to lose another first 11 player id rather it be Soyuncu then Barnes.

I think Leicester got tagged with the "must sell one big player each year to survive" tag, and Rodgers meant he didn't want the club viewed as an upscale Southampton.

I think buying and selling for profit isn't a horrible thing, but we also have to be able to buy and sell to freshen up the team, too.

Right now we have two regular starters who seem like they might go (Tielemans and Cags), one regular player who we can cash in on (Nacho) and a host of players who probably need to lea e for the sake of their careers/don't fit in the manager's plans (Perez, Hamza, Bertrand, Vesty, Mendy). As well as question marks over Ward and Evans' dodgy foot.

I think Rodgers' ideal formation (in the Platonic sense) is a 4-1-4-1, and expect recruitment to reflect that.

28 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Too many mentions of Nacho going is sad news I think and I hope it doesn't happen.

BR doesn't seem to rate him though, even after his goals last season, so he might be off.

He's been treated terribly I feel but remains professional and, as far as I am aware, hasn't made any frustration he may feel public.

I don't usually want to see ex players do well against us but in Kelechi's case, I would make an exception.

Totally agree he is absolutely wasted here, beyond a questionable first touch at times he is one of our best players but is left in the wilderness for weeks at a time. It's baffling. Even when he does play he is often so isolated it's almost impossible to be effective, yet his goal involvements are somehow still off the scale. I don't know what Rodgers has against him but I think it must run deeper than we know because there are literally no footballing reasons for him to be overlooked so frequently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Totally agree he is absolutely wasted here, beyond a questionable first touch at times he is one of our best players but is left in the wilderness for weeks at a time. It's baffling. Even when he does play he is often so isolated it's almost impossible to be effective, yet his goal involvements are somehow still off the scale. I don't know what Rodgers has against him but I think it must run deeper than we know because there are literally no footballing reasons for him to be overlooked so frequently.

Rodgers has this thing with trusting players and once you lose that trust you never get it back it seems. He has a similar thing with Hamza. Apart from the missing training with Chilwell, he got himself sent off when stepping in for Ndidi as well and he's pretty much left him in the wilderness and as a utility player, rather than a straight replacement for Wilf ever since, literally changing formation sometimes to avoid relying on him again.. Rodgers made a big thing when he first arrived about building up Nacho's confidence and getting him to bring his A game onto the pitch, he was praising him, defending his goals record and then he missed that sitter at Man City and Rodgers was fuming on the touchline. It was about 6 months before he even started a game again. Even with his goalscoring last season, you just sensed he was itching to get back to one up top.

29 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I disagree. He's much better as one of a two up front, and realistically that means 3 at the back or a diamond. 3 at the back means wing backs, and we've been without JJ, Ricardo and Castagne for most of the season in each case.

I think Nacho's a good player, and I'm not saying he hasn't been treated badly here or anything, but he'd probably fit into other teams much better than he does ours. I think we have to change too much to get the best out of him.

• Like 2

Why are we 'Willing to sell' Iheanacho and Soyuncu?

I thought by 'Targeting 3 players' that would be in addition to what we have....If we're just selling to rebuy, we're going to go backwards, quickly.

Get rid of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Choudhury, Mendy, Perez, Albrighton and Praet, then you can add your 3 'First team players' to challenge the squad.