Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

16 hours ago, davieG said:

Merc - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-transfer-liverpool-leicester-6885256

Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans could reportedly leave for as little as £25million this summer.

The Belgian has been linked with a host of clubs over recent weeks and months, including Liverpool, Manchester United and Real Madrid. Tielemans' contract is set to expire in the summer of 2023, meaning he could leave in a cut-price deal this summer as he will only have one year left on his contract.

He has been reluctant to sign a new deal, with talks starting over a year ago. According to the Telegraph, Tielemans will be priced at £25m and is one of four players who could be considered for sale. Kelechi Iheanacho, Ayoze Perez and Caglar Soyuncu are named as the others.

Telegraph https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/03/31/brendan-rodgers-planning-leicester-citys-summer-rebuild/

Along with Tielemans, there are a number of other players with just over 12 months left on their deal including Perez, Bertrand, Daniel Amartey and Hamza Choudhury.

Ooh look- the depreciation of players’ value due to an abysmal season. Well I never

I know he now only has a year left, but that doesn’t acoount for a £50-75m drop in a transfer fee.  

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Totally agree he is absolutely wasted here, beyond a questionable first touch at times he is one of our best players but is left in the wilderness for weeks at a time. It's baffling. Even when he does play he is often so isolated it's almost impossible to be effective, yet his goal involvements are somehow still off the scale. I don't know what Rodgers has against him but I think it must run deeper than we know because there are literally no footballing reasons for him to be overlooked so frequently.

In all honesty, I have mixed feelings about Nacho. I am often just frustrated by him: His first touch is abysmal, he is in an offside position half the time, he often goes missing in games, he waves his arms around and argues with officials when decisions don't go his way even if play has moved on. If I were a manager, it would get on my nerves.

But he can score, and sometimes his assists are sublime. I think he is the non-regular that we can get a chunk of change for, and if we get any offensive reinforcements, I won't mind him getting sold.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Why are we 'Willing to sell' Iheanacho and Soyuncu?

I thought by 'Targeting 3 players' that would be in addition to what we have....If we're just selling to rebuy, we're going to go backwards, quickly.

Get rid of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Choudhury, Mendy, Perez, Albrighton and Praet, then you can add your 3 'First team players' to challenge the squad.

Sorry, what?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In all honesty, I have mixed feelings about Nacho. I am often just frustrated by him: His first touch is abysmal, he is in an offside position half the time, he often goes missing in games, he waves his arms around and argues with officials when decisions don't go his way even if play has moved on. If I were a manager, it would get on my nerves.

But he can score, and sometimes his assists are sublime. I think he is the non-regular that we can get a chunk of change for, and if we get any offensive reinforcements, I won't mind him getting sold.

He's an enigma, that's for real. I honestly don't know what I think; sublime one moment, clown the next.  There are times when I'm not sure he even knows what offside is. 

I think in honesty, if a half decent bid comes in, we'll let him be someone else's enigma.

Edited by frakenfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

We were never getting 75-00m for Youri, not ever.

I wouldn't pay that much for him.

He's a good player but not consistent enough to be valued at that much by clubs.

12 hours ago, iancognito said:

Rodgers has this thing with trusting players and once you lose that trust you never get it back it seems. He has a similar thing with Hamza. Apart from the missing training with Chilwell, he got himself sent off when stepping in for Ndidi as well and he's pretty much left him in the wilderness and as a utility player, rather than a straight replacement for Wilf ever since, literally changing formation sometimes to avoid relying on him again.. Rodgers made a big thing when he first arrived about building up Nacho's confidence and getting him to bring his A game onto the pitch, he was praising him, defending his goals record and then he missed that sitter at Man City and Rodgers was fuming on the touchline. It was about 6 months before he even started a game again. Even with his goalscoring last season, you just sensed he was itching to get back to one up top.

Most managers have that trust issue I think. Look at the amount of good players Fergie got rid of in their prime, players like Van Niselrooy and Stam.

Hamza has been caught up in too many things now under Rodgers. I wouldn't be bothered if Hamza was sold personally.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Each to his own, but I find that kind of sentiment bizarre. You’d want Nacho to do well against US??? Really?

Personally I support a team and not individual players. It may be harsh, but as soon as they leave us their performances are irrelevant. 

I'm with you there, if we're 4-0 up against his next team and he backheels a cheeky one in from 6 yards, I'll have a cheeky smile about it but generally no, once they're gone they're gone

19 hours ago, Bert said:

I’d rather keep him for the season and lose him on a free. 

You might not be dissapointed-

Posted twice saying it might be Youris actual plan to run down his contract. 

Its usually done by players who wont get a better club or equal wages.

In the case of Youri, young enough to have a light season if the club freezes him out- or more bench time

Agent and player will be gambling on no severe injury but really, the potential loss of several months pay compared to a 25 million pound signing on fee and a whacking long contract with a champions league club...... I would happily spend a year in Brendans bad books for that, especially if my family was settled, no rush to go

Same applies to Cags, Madders and maybe some others. High squad value depends on players allowing themselves to be sold. Whats the worse that can happen, play u 23 for a season and punishment runs around Bradgate Park?

Edited by He aint bald

1 hour ago, He aint bald said:

In the case of Youri, young enough to have a light season if the club freezes him out- or more bench time

Agent and player will be gambling on no severe injury but really, the potential loss of several months pay compared to a 25 million pound signing on fee and a whacking long contract with a champions league club...... I would happily spend a year in Brendans bad books for that, especially if my family was settled, no rush to go

Same applies to Cags, Madders and maybe some others. High squad value depends on players allowing themselves to be sold. Whats the worse that can happen, play u 23 for a season and punishment runs around Bradgate Park?

I think the only person frozen out in this situation was Gray, and he had other issues. If Youri stays, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a new deal as insurance (because it would be a huge wedge he'd be earning if injured), with the club promising to sale him if a suitable offer came in. It's what happened with Maguire.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

I'm with you there, if we're 4-0 up against his next team and he backheels a cheeky one in from 6 yards, I'll have a cheeky smile about it but generally no, once they're gone they're gone

Very cheeky post

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

In that situation, a cheeky smile is not something you would get from Kasper. 

16 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Too many mentions of Nacho going is sad news I think and I hope it doesn't happen.

BR doesn't seem to rate him though, even after his goals last season, so he might be off.

He's been treated terribly I feel but remains professional and, as far as I am aware, hasn't made any frustration he may feel public.

I don't usually want to see ex players do well against us but in Kelechi's case, I would make an exception.

15 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Totally agree he is absolutely wasted here, beyond a questionable first touch at times he is one of our best players but is left in the wilderness for weeks at a time. It's baffling. Even when he does play he is often so isolated it's almost impossible to be effective, yet his goal involvements are somehow still off the scale. I don't know what Rodgers has against him but I think it must run deeper than we know because there are literally no footballing reasons for him to be overlooked so frequently.

One swallow doesn't make a summer..

I also like Nacho, but even with so many chances even the odd good sub cameos, he never really grabbed his chance and stamped his claim..Rodgers before 'that' season had

given him time & runs..Every single manager choose their players they want for their chosen systems  & ones players they still like.I believe Rodgers liked Nacho & hoped he would still drive

his forward line forward....Nacho just hovered & never grabbed that Forward position his own..

At best he is great to have available...but we need more than that.!!

Edited by fuchsntf

19 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think the only person frozen out in this situation was Gray, and he had other issues. If Youri stays, I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a new deal as insurance (because it would be a huge wedge he'd be earning if injured), with the club promising to sale him if a suitable offer came in. It's what happened with Maguire.

I get that I am in my own alternative world but how about this

Youri goes to Juventus or Bayern etc, on a free.

25 million sign on, (minus Italian tax 43 per cent and agent cut)

4 year contract on 800,000 Euros monthly........ Juve have the right to sell whenever and to whoever they want, paying off contract

63 million Euro out lay by Juve or Bayern. If they can sell him for 63million after 2 years, effectively a free player for two years.

Youri and Agent make 36 million Euros in 2 years after tax.

Obviously variations and risks to this but it seems like a good model for players and poorer clubs. The system will collapse but as if Youri and Juve will worry too much about that, going to collapse at some point anyway.

Wont further try and justify this model but might be citing this in 3 years.........

1 hour ago, He aint bald said:

I get that I am in my own alternative world but how about this

Youri goes to Juventus or Bayern etc, on a free.

25 million sign on, (minus Italian tax 43 per cent and agent cut)

4 year contract on 800,000 Euros monthly........ Juve have the right to sell whenever and to whoever they want, paying off contract

63 million Euro out lay by Juve or Bayern. If they can sell him for 63million after 2 years, effectively a free player for two years.

Youri and Agent make 36 million Euros in 2 years after tax.

Obviously variations and risks to this but it seems like a good model for players and poorer clubs. The system will collapse but as if Youri and Juve will worry too much about that, going to collapse at some point anyway.

Wont further try and justify this model but might be citing this in 3 years.........

Juventus isn't putting Youri on 200k a week! They'd have the entire squad knocking on the door! And if he underperforms -- sadly, a big possibility -- they'll never get 63 million for him. Bayern could afford such a salary, but I don't see them going for him.

Although I always here about players running down their contracts to get a big signing on bonus, do they ever really make more than what they were going to make for being a record signing?

22 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Juventus isn't putting Youri on 200k a week! They'd have the entire squad knocking on the door! And if he underperforms -- sadly, a big possibility -- they'll never get 63 million for him. Bayern could afford such a salary, but I don't see them going for him.

Although I always here about players running down their contracts to get a big signing on bonus, do they ever really make more than what they were going to make for being a record signing?

Watch this space with Mbappe, his signing on fee could be eye watering.

5 hours ago, He aint bald said:

Name lost on the merry go round, lose 1-3 seasons ,because of own agents poverty..Tielemans can't afford to risk with family to disappear in nomans land

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Didn't they give Aaron Ramsey £300k a week? 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't they give Aaron Ramsey £300k a week? 

I think it was Euros, but yeah. However, it's a drop after that, and I doubt they think Youri is worth pissing off the rest of the squad, unless he has an absolute banger of a season next year (assuming he's not sold.)

• Like 1