Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’d rather Luton come up, but I’m not bothered if Forest do. It’d be nice to have a derby game to look forward to again and hopefully we can get our revenge next time! 

'Nice' and 'Forest' don't go well together. If they come up then we'll all be wishing they hadn't. The media love-in with Dirty Leeds will pale into insignificence if that club comes up. 

I hope that we never play NottsF again. 

• Like 3

Not really a transfer link more of a Do they mean us?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-summer-transfer-midfielder-7003650

Premier League star told to complete Leicester City transfer
Latest Leicester City transfer news as the King Power Stadium is suggested as a potential destination for the Southampton midfielder.

ByAmie WilsonMidlands football writer
06:00, 27 APR 2022
SPORT
James Ward-Prowse of Southampton applauds the fans after the Premier League match between Burnley and Southampton at Turf Moor.
James Ward-Prowse of Southampton applauds the fans after the Premier League match between Burnley and Southampton at Turf Moor. (Image: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

James Ward-Prowse’s former Southampton teammate Charlie Austin has advised the midfielder to leave the club this summer, suggesting Leicester City as a potential destination.

The England man has again been in the headlines this week after his brace saw the Saints come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Brighton and Hove Albion. One of the goals, unsurprisingly, came from a free-kick just outside of the area.

Ward-Prowse was linked with a move away from the club last summer, but put pen to paper on a new five-year contract to put an end to the speculation. Aston Villa were said to have made bids for the England man.

The 27-year-old has been in and out of Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions’ squad in recent years. And Austin has given his former teammate some advice in order to continue to push to be included for the winter World Cup in Qatar.

Rodgers delighted with 'excellent' Leicester as Solskjaer left 'disappointed'
“Over the last two years he’s been club captain, he’s cemented himself in there, but certainly now, I think it’s time to leave,” he told TalkSPORT.

“This is why, because I think if he wants to go to the World Cup, he needs to be at a different football club than what Southampton are offering, the way they’re performing. I just think he’s more appealing if he’s at a different club.”

The former striker then names a list of clubs who would be a good move for him: “I do think that he would fit in at an Arsenal, or a Leicester or Newcastle. Newcastle are on a re-build, the way they’re going, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d thrown the dice at him.”

Austin then responded to a question on if City was a step up from Southampton: “Oh, mate, look where Leicester are and look where Southampton are,” he said.

“Southampton since Ronald Koeman was there and they got in Europe, since then they’ve been on a downward spiral. If you have that conversation, Leicester are in a European competition.”

Ward-Prowse has started all but two of Southampton’s Premier League games so far this season, scoring nine times and providing a further four assists. He is contracted at St Mary’s until 2026.

41 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

'Nice' and 'Forest' don't go well together. If they come up then we'll all be wishing they hadn't. The media love-in with Dirty Leeds will pale into insignificence if that club comes up. 

I hope that we never play NottsF again. 

This is the part I'm dreading and not just from the media, from neutrals too. It's going to be unbearable. 

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not really a transfer link more of a Do they mean us?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-summer-transfer-midfielder-7003650

Premier League star told to complete Leicester City transfer
Latest Leicester City transfer news as the King Power Stadium is suggested as a potential destination for the Southampton midfielder.

ByAmie WilsonMidlands football writer
06:00, 27 APR 2022
SPORT
James Ward-Prowse of Southampton applauds the fans after the Premier League match between Burnley and Southampton at Turf Moor.
James Ward-Prowse of Southampton applauds the fans after the Premier League match between Burnley and Southampton at Turf Moor. (Image: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)

James Ward-Prowse’s former Southampton teammate Charlie Austin has advised the midfielder to leave the club this summer, suggesting Leicester City as a potential destination.

The England man has again been in the headlines this week after his brace saw the Saints come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 against Brighton and Hove Albion. One of the goals, unsurprisingly, came from a free-kick just outside of the area.

Ward-Prowse was linked with a move away from the club last summer, but put pen to paper on a new five-year contract to put an end to the speculation. Aston Villa were said to have made bids for the England man.

The 27-year-old has been in and out of Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions’ squad in recent years. And Austin has given his former teammate some advice in order to continue to push to be included for the winter World Cup in Qatar.

Rodgers delighted with 'excellent' Leicester as Solskjaer left 'disappointed'
“Over the last two years he’s been club captain, he’s cemented himself in there, but certainly now, I think it’s time to leave,” he told TalkSPORT.

“This is why, because I think if he wants to go to the World Cup, he needs to be at a different football club than what Southampton are offering, the way they’re performing. I just think he’s more appealing if he’s at a different club.”

The former striker then names a list of clubs who would be a good move for him: “I do think that he would fit in at an Arsenal, or a Leicester or Newcastle. Newcastle are on a re-build, the way they’re going, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d thrown the dice at him.”

Austin then responded to a question on if City was a step up from Southampton: “Oh, mate, look where Leicester are and look where Southampton are,” he said.

“Southampton since Ronald Koeman was there and they got in Europe, since then they’ve been on a downward spiral. If you have that conversation, Leicester are in a European competition.”

Ward-Prowse has started all but two of Southampton’s Premier League games so far this season, scoring nine times and providing a further four assists. He is contracted at St Mary’s until 2026.

hmmm unsure to whether I'd take Ward Prowse tbh, I feel like we can get better value elsewhere imo. 

He's a good player and I like him, almost reminds me of a KHD Maddison Hybrid, he could bring some much needed leadership I guess. 

45 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Forest singing about us again last night.

They’re always at it, every time they get a new manager he apparently hates us, but you know it’s because we fit the song and all that not because they care :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Yes. That famous Forest v Leicester match that's been played *checks notes* six times in Premier League history, and not once since 1999.

But we're undefeated in the Premier League vs Forest this century :thumbup:

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

But we're undefeated in the Premier League vs Forest this century :thumbup:

From 1968 to 2022 all comps Foxes 14 wins 15 draws 21 wins for Florists

From 1951 to 1967 all comps Foxes 14 wins 8 draws 11 wins for Florists

Edited by Dorkingfox

3 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

What happened in 1967 to start counting again from scratch?

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

What happened in 1967 to start counting again from scratch?

Was only going to do 68 onwards, as this was when I went to most games, pre 68 was just out of interest. The first game I went to was a 3-0 win when Dougan played and Banks in goal, then I started to go regularly from 1968 onwards, the start of this was 4-2 win against Forest at Filbert St in 1968 (Fern 2, Roberts 2), Shilton in goal

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

Not forgetting our biggest defeat was against  Forest.. 0-12, 1909..

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Derby fans in tears!

Not normally too bothered about "hurr durr football didn't start in 1992 !!!" but Premier League Derby fixtures is a bit incongrous as a term. With that criteria Bolton vs Blackburn and Leeds vs Man Utd should be on there

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

That's an interesting choice to have us on there lol

Spurs vs Arsenal would be my 1st choice. 

Isn't West Ham and Spurs a rivalry? 

Man Utd v Liverpool isn’t a Derby. That’s a rivalry. Otherwise why isn’t Man Utd Everton a derby? West Ham Spurs is obviously a rivalry but much more of a Derby than Man Utd Liverpool. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Did you go?

Couldnt get a ticket, so I went on and scored the last goal..

I thought well if you can’t beat them,join ‘em.
Got a life membership to the white horse..

& became the next generation of the merry men..

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Couldnt get a ticket, so I went on and scored the last goal..

I thought well if you can’t beat them,join ‘em.
Got a life membership to the white horse..

& became the next generation of the merry men..

Same!

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Isn't West Ham and Spurs a rivalry? 

Maybe but Arsenal vs Spurs and West Ham vs Milwall are obviously the bigger games though.

I think West Ham vs Spurs is bigger than Chelsea vs Spurs, which is, or always used to be a one sided rivalry though.

Was always a chain of one-sides rivalries that Brentford hated Fulham who hated Chelsea who hated Spurs

Dunno where QPR comes in in that though.