Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Crystal Palace

“There’s no limit to our ambition at the football club. We’ll obviously look to bring some of the youngsters through that we’ve got who are very good and we start every year dreaming of being Leicester.”

https://www.football365.com/news/palace-signing-gallagher-chelsea-dream-of-being-leicester

Palace have not given up on signing Gallagher from Chelsea as they ‘dream of being Leicester’

• Like 2

In the last 30 years:

Premier League

Blackburn 1995

Leicester 2016

FA Cup

Everton 1995

Portsmouth 2008

Wigan 2013

Leicester 2021

Otherwise the Premier League (28/30) and FA Cup (26/30) has been shared between Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United or Liverpool. Quite simply depressing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 05/05/2022 at 18:04, Ted Maul said:

Probably indicative of the standards we've set over the last few years- Connor Gallagher, who has performed at a similar level for a team similarly placed in the table, has had a 'wonderful season'.

Hes scored 8 premier league goals. Kdh has one.

Watching the steam ahead of leaving for Watford and depressingly Patel has already gone to a somewhat soft dismissal after an admittedly good effort. It'll probably be over pretty quickly now. Poor old Swindells looks completely out of his depth - even against a ball nearly 80 overs old. Watching their young leggie doing so well makes me wonder why we haven't given Ahmed a go in the 4 day games. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Watching the steam ahead of leaving for Watford and depressingly Patel has already gone to a somewhat soft dismissal after an admittedly good effort. It'll probably be over pretty quickly now. Poor old Swindells looks completely out of his depth - even against a ball nearly 80 overs old. Watching their young leggie doing so well makes me wonder why we haven't given Ahmed a go in the 4 day games. 

Are you in the right thread mate?

• Haha 1

Completely forgot about this game but in all seriousness, this game + the Man City game where Kane scored a 94th minute winner got them 6 points instead of 1. So fair play to Spurs tbh. 

Edit: plus Watford away when Sanchez scored a 97th minute winner. You can call them lucky or whatever but Spurs deserve CL football for these late winners. 

Edited by Koke
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Completely forgot about this game but in all seriousness, this game + the Man City game where Kane scored a 94th minute winner got them 6 points instead of 1. So fair play to Spurs tbh. 

Edit: plus Watford away when Sanchez scored a 97th minute winner. You can call them lucky or whatever but Spurs deserve CL football for these late winners. 

It's kind of hilarious that the last time they finished above Spuds was the year we won the League.

I wasn't even mad after that collapse against them, certainly far less so than during our capitulation to the likes of Newcastle, Forest or Everton. It was just one of those 'I was there' moments, for all the wrong reasons. Knowing it's making the Gooners have kittens about us rolling over to cost them Champions League football only solidifies that view for me. :P

North London as a whole is filled with absolute melts, so these days I just enjoy having a say in the pantomime playing out rather than taking sides in their willy-measuring contest. :trumpet:

• Like 1

Can't stand either Spurs or Arsenal, but it was always going to be funniest to see one of them bottle it and Arsenal fans have been unbearable. As much as the Spurs home game did mean they picked up a bonus 3 points, we did gift Arsenal two pretty easy wins too. Whichever misses out will have plenty of their own results they could point to.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

I'd say the time Arsenal lost 3-0 to Spurs a couple of games ago was much more important to them finishing below Spurs.

Worth saying we put in limp performances home and away to Arsenal too as they eased to 6 points against us,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

He isn't wrong per se.

If Vardy wanted to go we'd absolutely let him go, or at least I think he's earned the right to decide himself. The problem for Durham and his little band of big six brown nosers is that he doesn't want to go and wouldn't go to ****ing Arsenal.