Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Durham is on the wind up again, no surprise there.

No way Vards leaves Leicester at the moment. I can possibly see a final season at Sheff Wednesday to bow out when he feels he has one more season left, but that's not yet, and i think it's more likely that he will want to finish with us while still in the Premier league anyway to be honest.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He isn't wrong per se.

If Vardy wanted to go we'd absolutely let him go, or at least I think he's earned the right to decide himself. The problem for Durham and his little band of big six brown nosers is that he doesn't want to go and wouldn't go to ****ing Arsenal.

Maybe so. But we don’t “owe” him a free transfer. 

• Like 3

Durham can’t wait to have a dig at Leicester. He can’t stand us and has really struggled with our success.

Hes a peterbro fan and it all stems from us being briefly their biggest rivals as well as the FFP stuff during our promotion (which Bournemouth, QPR etc were so much worse) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Vardy would start for every single club in the league. Even Liverpool and Man City (while they don't have Haaland).

Debatable for Liverpool, for me. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's right up their street with the pressing and intensity. A front 3 of vardy mane and salah would be unbelievable. Probably unmatched. 

They all interchange don’t they though which you wouldn’t get the best out of Vardy. 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Maybe so. But we don’t “owe” him a free transfer. 

I disagree, IMO we owe him the world. He should be able to write what he wants on his contracts. If he wants to go then I don't think the club should be forcing him to stay.

But as I say, I think he wants to stay until he retires so it's not an issue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's right up their street with the pressing and intensity. A front 3 of vardy mane and salah would be unbelievable. Probably unmatched. 

He wouldn’t last long if he’s having to press as much as they do. Rodgers has made sure that is a limited part of his game now.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

They all interchange don’t they though which you wouldn’t get the best out of Vardy. 

I dunno mate, vardy runs the channel well, always does well when he has it wide either side and actually has a quality cross in him. Probably better than the player either side of him. I think he could do it quite easily. 

Just now, westernpark said:

He wouldn’t last long if he’s having to press as much as they do. Rodgers has made sure that is a limited part of his game now.

Yeah, but with Jota/Firminho rotating he wouldn't have to do it for 90 minutes week in week out. 

Not that any of it matters. He isnt going anywhere because he's an absolute legend of a bloke and unfortunately a dieing breed in football. I wish more players had the same level of loyalty rather than jumping to the 'super clubs'. Football would be better for it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Durham can’t wait to have a dig at Leicester. He can’t stand us and has really struggled with our success.

Hes a peterbro fan and it all stems from us being briefly their biggest rivals as well as the FFP stuff during our promotion (which Bournemouth, QPR etc were so much worse) 

He looks like a less charming version of the Philip Seymour Hoffman character in Happiness.

14 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Vardy barely presses these days though, he’s (rightly) told to conserve his energy more and more as each season passes. 5 years ago, sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I disagree, IMO we owe him the world. He should be able to write what he wants on his contracts. If he wants to go then I don't think the club should be forcing him to stay.

Hate this attitude. He gets paid well, we helped make him the player he is, the club is bigger than every single player is and will ever be. 

This attitude promotes players being bigger than the clubs they play for, the antithesis of club fandom.

So yes, he helped us, he is without question one of our greatest every players, through his hard work, his endeavour, but also because of the clubs.

But yes, I agree, he will finish here and then go the US I reckon.

• Like 3

On 14/05/2022 at 22:34, urban.spaceman said:

In the last 30 years:

Premier League

Blackburn 1995

Leicester 2016

FA Cup

Everton 1995

Portsmouth 2008

Wigan 2013

Leicester 2021

Otherwise the Premier League (28/30) and FA Cup (26/30) has been shared between Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United or Liverpool. Quite simply depressing.

Depressing indeed, though all the more fun on the rare occasions the "Big/Rich 5" monopoly is broken....even if we're the only ones to have done it for 9 seasons. :blink:

I'm showing my age here, but it's incredible to me that it's more than 30 years since Leeds won the title (last year before PL created).

I had to look at Spurs' record: last won the league in 60-61, last won FAC in 90-91 & UEFA Cup in 83-84....they really don't belong in any "Big 6", do they? lol

"Rich 6" is arguable. "Historic club/sleeping giant" is arguable, but if so you'd have to also include Preston, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Forest etc.

(Like you, I'm strategically overlooking the League Cup - but even there, we've won it as many times as Spurs in the last 30 years). Will be a pissing shame if Conte's ability or the Saudi-Geordie megabucks change these facts in 22-23....

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He’ll be here until he retires I would say. Maybe a season in America. 

On 20/05/2022 at 09:10, urban.spaceman said:

They don't care about us, remember....

They needed a lyric sheet for "Come On You Reds" :facepalm:! Surely even the most inebriated Neanderthals of Nottinghamshire can remember 4 short words :dunno:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Vardy barely presses these days though, he’s (rightly) told to conserve his energy more and more as each season passes. 5 years ago, sure.

I know he doesn't. Still capable though. (Just not 90 minutes every week) 

LEICESTER CITY

Final position: 8th 

After agonisingly missing out on the top four in their last two seasons, Leicester have at least been spared that final day pain.

But only because they've been nowhere near the race for the Champions League spots, or the race for Europe in general, during an underwhelming season.

They'll finish mid-table, which is acceptable, but represents a definite regression on recent years under Brendan Rodgers.

57919477-10824911-image-a-63_1652788691918.jpg Leicester came within a whisker of reaching a European final but they have dropped back

The warm feeling from their FA Cup win last season soon wore off and some wondered whether Rodgers had run out of ideas.

Had they reached a first European final, in the much-maligned UEFA Europa Conference League, then the mood may be more upbeat. But they lost out to Roma in the semi-finals.

In defence of Rodgers, there have been mitigating circumstances. The slog of Thursday night football in not one, but two, competitions (including one he initially claimed he didn't know existed) takes its toll on any team.

57919539-10824911-image-a-64_1652788743017.jpg Main striker Jamie Vardy is among the key players who have suffered injuries this season

Then there have been injuries to key players. Main goal threat Jamie Vardy was sidelined with a hamstring and then a knee issue, key defender Wesley Fofana suffered a broken leg in pre-season and important midfielder Wilfred Ndidi saw his season curtailed.

With a fully fit squad, things might have been different but they're too good a collection of players not to come back stronger next season.

Grade: C

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10824911/amp/Premier-League-report-card-Arsenal-Chelsea-Everton-Leeds-assessed.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

He’ll be here until he retires I would say. Maybe a season in America. 

I think he would want a new deal, even if it is a two-year deal. Going to America is tricky - the MLS is Championship/League 1 quality, but it is played in the US Summer, so ☀️ ☀️ . I am not sure Vardy is a big enough name to pull a bigger paycheck than he'd get here.

As for his Rochester club: I am not sure people realize how poor a quality "lower division soccer" is in the States: We are talking National League North/South. I think the main pull for the Vardy brand is the reality show, and that will be all Mrs. Vardy, not Jamie.