Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

57 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really don't understand why they seem to focus on our fans singing feed the scousers. Isn't like we're the only team to. 

We probably do it more than most.

52 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

It was a story in The Sun. The Vardys issued a statement saying it was untrue and that they had no plans to emigrate.

Oh right. Fair enough. 

I would not sing 'feed the scousers.'

When we beat Liverpool with an Ndidi/Amartey central defence master class, it was enjoyable.  After that game, I was confident we could get to 60 points.  Very wrong.

Thomas handled Salah and TAA brilliantly in that game

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

I would not sing 'feed the scousers.'

When we beat Liverpool with an Ndidi/Amartey central defence master class, it was enjoyable.  After that game, I was confident we could get to 60 points.  Very wrong.

Thomas handled Salah and TAA brilliantly in that game

And that's why I believe we have too many Dozos on this forum..who repeatedly grind on demeaning new players or young players like Thomas..

Then run & scuttle behind the

right to an opinion Sofa..

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

It’s been a regular fixture in the Yuletide songbook of many clubs ever since I can remember to be honest 

Agreed, I heard it at Derby in their horrid/great PL season where they played Liverpool on Boxing Day

On 24/05/2022 at 09:20, AKCJ said:

I disagree, IMO we owe him the world. He should be able to write what he wants on his contracts. If he wants to go then I don't think the club should be forcing him to stay.

But as I say, I think he wants to stay until he retires so it's not an issue.

Vardy is of course a vital asset to us. Hopefully he still wants to be a Leicester player. Why on earth would we release him to be picked by a rival for nowt. The Talks port twits can do one.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

In his defence wasn't like 3 of them in one game at the very start of the season? 

That’s the problem with using stats the way they’ve been used here. 
You could have a fantastic season, but have one really bad game and be lumped in there as an update in effective player

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

In his defence wasn't like 3 of them in one game at the very start of the season? 

I think it was the 1-4 vs West Ham where Amartey cost us about 3 goals.

Mind you Tielemans cost us 4 goals in the 3-6 vs ManCity and conceded 4 penalties all season (I think Ndidi cost us 3 penalties and didn’t even play half the season too). So I’m surprised Tielemans didn’t cause more than 4 errors leading to shots in the season.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Sampson said:

Mind you Tielemans cost us 4 goals in the 3-6 vs ManCity and conceded 4 penalties all season (I think Ndidi cost us 3 penalties and didn’t even play half the season too). So I’m surprised Tielemans didn’t cause more than 4 errors leading to shots in the season.

It is a strange methodology being used if 'leading to shots' is seen as more ineffective (!) than 'leading to penalties'. 

Maybe Youri escapes because the midfield was already completed based purely on tackling metrics

Whole thing smacks of a 'here are the names, find me some stats' approach

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No earlier in the season than that. We didn't concede combination of kasper bailing him out and other teams poor finishing. 

There was a moment where he jist stood by the post looking super defeated after the third one. Kasper and another defender went over to try and tell him it was OK. The crowd got behind him at this point too. I just can't remember who it was against. Someone really shit. May have been burnley? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

43 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Read the actual stat…. Means next to eff all

He had a great season and stepped up when we needed him to…

We were absolutely crap especially in defense and Amartey is the guy who played most from our central defenders. how the hell was it a great season?

he is bad and nothing we can do about it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tsintskaro said:

We were absolutely crap especially in defense and Amartey is the guy who played most from our central defenders. how the hell was it a great season?

he is bad and nothing we can do about it

He had a good season for him…. He’s far from bad (in my opinion)

Do we have better options?  Yes, of course we do!

23 hours ago, stu said:

Would like to see a stat on which defender has found most of his teammates with a pass, Dan would be near the top surely. I mean with Brendan's tactics he must have a 90% passing rate, with him Evans and Cags etc passing it square to each other. 

• Like 1