Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Just now, Foxes1 said:

Would like to see a stat on which defender has found most of his teammates with a pass, Dan would be near the top surely. I mean with Brendan's tactics he must have a 90% passing rate, with him Evans and Cags etc passing it square to each other. 

I was starting to think the team motto was If in doubt pass it to Amarty.

22 hours ago, Sampson said:

I think it was the 1-4 vs West Ham where Amartey cost us about 3 goals.

Mind you Tielemans cost us 4 goals in the 3-6 vs ManCity and conceded 4 penalties all season (I think Ndidi cost us 3 penalties and didn’t even play half the season too). So I’m surprised Tielemans didn’t cause more than 4 errors leading to shots in the season.

Pretty sure that was Soyuncu wasn't it? Or did both of them make multiple howlers that game? It was a bad bad night.

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Top 10 in the whole league was The Ghanaian Baresi. Safe as houses is Big Dan 😉

Pass Completion %
1. Aymeric Laporte  Manchester City 94.7
2. Rúben Dias  Manchester City 94.3
3. Thiago Silva  Chelsea 92.9
4. Rodri  Manchester City 92.5
5. Trevoh Chalobah  Chelsea 91.8
6. Daniel Amartey  Leicester City 91.7
7. Andreas Christensen  Chelsea 91.4
8. Virgil van Dijk  Liverpool 90.8
9. Declan Rice  West Ham 90.7
10. Manuel Lanzini  West Ham 90.6
  Ruben Loftus-Cheek  Chelsea 90.6

I would like to see those stats with passes back to the keeper subtracted.

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not possible. Amartey's detractors are just going to have to eat crow and admit that he's up there with the best ball-playing centre-halves in world football :P

Less a dig at Big Dan (not that I think his passing would get him a job elsewhere), than a thought about how CBs crowd the passing accuracy leaderboard, for obvious reasons.

I am more impressed with Lanzini's 90% than Amartey's 91%.

Edited by KingsX

Big Dan is one of the most senior players in the squad. I always find that somewhat crazy. I remember seeing his debut in 15/16. Vardy, Kasper, Marc and Big Dan are the most senior and you’d expect Vardy and Kasper to retire in a season or two.

• Like 1

Just checked Amartey’s profile on fbref after this. He’s ok on the ball, like a mid-table player maybe with regards to progressive passes and a good blocker, but his aerial ability, tackling, interceptions/positioning and pressing stats are really really poor. Kind of explains why we’ve conceded so many corners with him in the side when his aerial ability and interceptions are relegation level.

FCDBB83D-6D17-441C-9A6C-7A8B65C7FBB0.jpeg

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Just now, Sampson said:

Just checked Amartey’s profile on fbref after this. He’s ok on the ball, like a kid-table player maybe with regards to progressive passes, but his aerial ability, tackling and pressing stats are really really poor.

With defensive stats it’s trickier to judge wrt to CBS, some players you want to tackle lots & be aggressive, others not so much. Evans’ defensive stats profile as being average. 

Van Dijk’s tackles, pressures, blocks & interceptions look as though he’s gash. Thiago Silva too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Just checked Amartey’s profile on fbref after this. He’s ok on the ball, like a mid-table player maybe with regards to progressive passes and a good blocker, but his aerial ability, tackling, interceptions/positioning and pressing stats are really really poor. Kind of explains why we’ve conceded so many corners with him in the side when his aerial ability and interceptions are relegation level.

How does he compare to our other CBs

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

With defensive stats it’s trickier to judge wrt to CBS, some players you want to tackle lots & be aggressive, others not so much. Evans’ defensive stats profile as being average. 

Van Dijk’s tackles, pressures, blocks & interceptions look as though he’s gash. Thiago Silva too.

And Tarkowski's tackling, pressures, blocks, interceptions and clearances stats look very respectable. And he just got relegated. It's all relative to what they are asked to do and the team's style of play.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This doesn't seem right? 

Or even possible? 

May just be a quirk of the way debt is accounted for in share release etc or it may be director debt (loan)  rather than company debt. Sure someone with a finance background may explain.  Be nice if it's true!

Just a thought, is it that our assets are equal to or outweigh any debt the club holds, meaning we are in a neutral or positive position overall? 
I’m no financial whizz, so this could be rubbish, but if not, that stat is crap

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just a thought, is it that our assets are equal to or outweigh any debt the club holds, meaning we are in a neutral or positive position overall? 
I’m no financial whizz, so this could be rubbish, but if not, that stat is crap

90%+ of top-flight clubs will be in that position I’d have thought, certainly not just 4.

One thing I would say is that our accounts are a year out of date now and Deloitte may have more up-to-date information than we do, that said the only way we could be debt free is if King Power have foregone the loan we already owe them at 31 May 2021, paid off the MacQuarie loan and then foregone that too. The club does not generate enough cash to pay off £200m+ of debt in a year (especially given we sold nobody for big money last summer and spent £60m+) so it doesn’t add up from what I can see unless KP have converted debt to equity which I think is probably pretty unlikely in the middle of a pandemic. Also when they’ve done it in the past they publicised it, and that was about £100m. This is £200m+, there’s no way they would have done that and not told the press, it’s a PR open goal.

I would be very surprised if that “stat” was right but also very surprised if Deloitte published it if it wasn’t right - so who knows what to think!

On 30/05/2022 at 18:14, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And Tarkowski's tackling, pressures, blocks, interceptions and clearances stats look very respectable. And he just got relegated. It's all relative to what they are asked to do and the team's style of play.

To be fair, Burnley actually conceded fewer goals than we did. They just couldn't score in a brothel.