Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 09/06/2022 at 18:23, urban.spaceman said:

"Now he's successful"

"Now he's successful.

Often wondered what the issue is with Kane. I don't remember the fans giving him a hard time, just another young player that might find a home with us if he became surplus at Tottnum. Was quite surprised when he did his ear cupping celebration thing after scoring on his first return back as if he had some grievance with us. Perhaps he was 'treated awfully', but I don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Often wondered what the issue is with Kane. I don't remember the fans giving him a hard time, just another young player that might find a home with us if he became surplus at Tottnum. Was quite surprised when he did his ear cupping celebration thing after scoring on his first return back as if he had some grievance with us. Perhaps he was 'treated awfully', but I don't think so. 

I don’t think the fans really took to him.

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Its just his natural arrogance which really isn’t a bad thing because you don’t become as good as he has without an arrogant streak. 

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We were adrift at the bottom of the table and we booed him all game, as if we had upmanship at the time. I didn't blame him at all for the ear cup. We deserved it at the time. 

He was treated badly by Pearson. Taken away from Millwall where he was doing well and then played out of position on the wing or brought on as a desperate impact sub (we were in free fall at the time of his stay)....it was mistake by Spurs (who presumably thought it was a kick on in progress from.millwall) to let him come here 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We were adrift at the bottom of the table and we booed him all game, as if we had upmanship at the time. I didn't blame him at all for the ear cup. We deserved it at the time. 

He was treated badly by Pearson. Taken away from Millwall where he was doing well and then played out of position on the wing or brought on as a desperate impact sub (we were in free fall at the time of his stay)....it was mistake by Spurs (who presumably thought it was a kick on in progress from.millwall) to let him come here 

Didn’t he leave Norwich before us? Missed a penalty in his first game. Definitely didn’t play on the wing in the first few games, but found his way there eventually. 
I don’t understand either why he was booed in that Boxing Day game, it’s not like it’s served us well since

58 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I used to be genuinely surprised at just how good Kane had become. I didn't think he would even make it in the Premier League based on his time with us, and he's gone on to become one of the best strikers in the world. Fair play to Kane for that, I personally have nothing but respect for him. 

• Like 3

There are far more hateable characters in the game than Kane. Yes, it's annoying to see him hit such mad levels after being shit for us, but you can't fault his trajectory.

Admittedly I used to hate how greedy he was as a forward, and maintain that it was that greed that cost them vital points in 2015-16. He got the golden boot but only had one assist all season, and bottled some key chances with men on, especially against us in the White Hart Lane Huth game.

Vardy was just one behind him in goals, but gave us six assists. We won games based on those extra team contributions, which were key - case in point for Okazaki's overhead kick in the 1-0 win against Newcastle.

Kane's teamwork has come on massively now, and he's a complete striker. He's just as capable of dropping deeper and helping link play, which has allowed folks like Son to thrive. It's just England these days where he seems greedy, but i think that's more down to lame tactics that don't acknowledge his all-round game. It often feels like our attacking play just boils down to 'get it to the byline and then find Harry'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Apparently he was an utter arse in the changing room and at one point tried to start a team talk over existing captains etc. 

Let’s just say the player who remained from that period enjoyed the outcome of the future. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently he was an utter arse in the changing room and at one point tried to start a team talk over existing captains etc. 

Let’s just say the player who remained from that period enjoyed the outcome of the future. 

He enjoyed Kane being golden Boot winner 3 times in the league and once in a world Cup? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He enjoyed Kane being golden Boot winner 3 times in the league and once in a world Cup? 

I'm sure he'll never forget the time he won the golden boot by scoring about 8 pens vs a team named after a canal.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm sure he'll never forget the time he won the golden boot by scoring about 8 pens vs a team named after a canal.

Im sure the world renowned, multi millionaire footballer is devastated that you think his career is a flop. 

• Haha 2

It’ll be interesting how Kane and Haaland fair next season. I think Kane will finish with more goals than him. 

He’s a great player and has adapted his game so much. He could have left Spurs for Silverware but hasn’t. People may knock him for it, however he’s got an affinity to them. 

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

He could have left Spurs for Silverware but hasn’t. People may knock him for it, however he’s got an affinity to them. 

He stayed at Spurs because they offered him a very good contract and has publicly flirted with clubs since, I'm sure they like him there but let's not pretend his intention was to always stay put.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’ll be interesting how Kane and Haaland fair next season. I think Kane will finish with more goals than him. 

He’s a great player and has adapted his game so much. He could have left Spurs for Silverware but hasn’t. People may knock him for it, however he’s got an affinity to them. 

Kane will almost certainly outscore him. I’d be surprised in Haaland started 30+ games because of rotation and injuries 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Kane will almost certainly outscore him. I’d be surprised in Haaland started 30+ games because of rotation and injuries 

I would be surprised if haaland doesn't average a goal a game.... so 30+ goals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’ll be interesting, but only close due to the fact Kane will play every game and Haaland will be rested, on a goals per minute ratio, I would expect Haaland to be well ahead.

With Haaland also having 3 weeks off with no World Cup for him, I would expect him to be on fire in January.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Haaland has been scoring close to a goal a game in the Bundesliga and he'll get a shit ton of chances at Man City, he might play fewer games but I reckon he's still got a really good chance of outscoring Kane.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

29 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Haaland has been scoring close to a goal a game in the Bundesliga and he'll get a shit ton of chances at Man City, he might play fewer games but I reckon he's still got a really good chance of outscoring Kane.

Vardy would have outscored Kane had he played a couple more games this season

57 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

I would be surprised if haaland doesn't average a goal a game.... so 30+ goals.

28 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Vardy would have outscored Kane had he played a couple more games this season

Haaland’s highest number of starts in a season is 27 and Guardiola rotates a lot.

He’ll get c. 20 goals and Kane will get c. 25 imo 

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

The conclusion of 15/16 when we were in direct competition. Particularly when Kane went all David Brent about chasing us down like a pack of lions.

• Haha 3