Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

10/12 - great little quiz.

Its so nice to think back to some of those 1990 teams: the last few years have been incredible and documented in so much more detail than we ever had - and that was off the back of the awful Taylor/Levein/Holloway years with so many revolving door players, its easy to joke about the names that represented our club - so going before that, there is a lot of reminiscing about the MON era, but its the Walshs/Elliots/Lennons/Heskeys/Izzets that get bought up, so haven't heard of some of these players for years, whereas a lot of them did decent stints as squad players.

I was 50/50 between Rolling and Ullathorne for the first one, and tripped up by no 6, but the number of them I knew without looking at names - Nicky Mohan,Graham Fenton, Julian Watts, Gavin Ward all instantly recognisable & bought a smile to my face.

My second ever Premier League game was Southampton at home & remember sitting in the top of the double decker & had a great view of Franz Carr's demolition job as we beat them 4-1. I had the segment from Match of the Day recorded, "On his day he can be magical" which I watched on repeat! Great day! Franz Carr certainly not obscure to me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

My second ever Premier League game was Southampton at home & remember sitting in the top of the double decker & had a great view of Franz Carr's demolition job as we beat them 4-1. I had the segment from Match of the Day recorded, "On his day he can be magical" which I watched on repeat! Great day! Franz Carr certainly not obscure to me!

4-3!

We were cruising at 3-0 with about 15 minutes left and then all hell broke loose and we were holding on in injury time.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

4-3!

We were cruising at 3-0 with about 15 minutes left and then all he'll broke loose and we were holding on in injury time.

Funny how the memory plays tricks and you have a tendancy to remember the good bits... That Franz Carr goal made it 4-1 with 82 mins on the clock... I'd just forgotten what happened after! 

:facepalm:

A somewhat ridiculous but lighthearted look at how the last few seasons of pandemic and interruption has been handled by the Premier League  clubs, snippet on ours truely from the Athletic

(Told from the perspective of a headmaster gauging his students success trhoughout this period)

image.png.42c905d612c081452a1262f74bdcd79e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Just shows how little these people actually look at clubs like ours if they think our accountancy and budgeting has been good.

I don't know how they measured it but maybe as it was a Class Report' it was relative to the other 'classmates' who I suspect have many have performed worst than ours.

I doubt we're anywhere near the bottom of the class.

This thread has been very quiet as far as current talk about us goes.

Not surprised, apart from some low level rumbling from the weirdos in North London over Youri, there's been absolutely nothing to discuss. lol

Mrs Spud was watching that Long lost family programme hosted by Nicky Campbell/Davina McCall last night that featured the story of two brothers being split up 50 years ago. I was ignoring it until one described how they chose different football clubs, him Notts Forrest and the other Liverpool. The emotional final reuniting scene when the lost brother was presented with a Liverpool shirt, tears all over including Mrs Spud, whilst they played the tune from Oklahomer. She just didn't get my piss taking and fully warranted abuse. It didn't go down well (it was an emotional story, to be fair) but she's known me long enough by now. I'm going to hell. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Good piece by John Percy (behind paywall) in Telegraph this morning.

Our targets: Levi Colwill, Noni Madueke and Matt O'Reilly (me neither).

Tielemans 'reluctant' to sign an extension if he doesn't get his move - no offers for him yet. Vestergaard, Soumare & Bertand the 3 told to find other clubs.

Wage bill simply too high, players have to be sold but no takers as yet. Might have to consider selling a player they don't want to sell.

Last summer's recruitment 'disappointing', and paying for it now. 43 days left. Never write Leicester off...

So nothing imminent then... 

Nothing we don’t already know then ……though to hear it from Percy backs it up 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2