Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

On 20/07/2022 at 09:02, Ric Flair said:

Interesting we've only told players we signed last summer that were crap to find new clubs but the likes of Hamza, Perez and Soyuncu who won't be offered new contracts aren't being pushed to get gone. 

I'm concerned some of these players with just a year left will be an absolute liability to us.

I think Perez soyunchu and Hamza have proven to be useful players for us and worthy of a squad place this season.

No doubt if a reasonable offer comes in then they'll be off.

Add to that praet and tielemans may go too.

That's 8 players that might still go. 

It could be a fascinating few weeks if things get moving. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think Perez soyunchu and Hamza have proven to be useful players for us and worthy of a squad place this season.

No doubt if a reasonable offer comes in then they'll be off.

Add to that praet and tielemans may go too.

That's 8 players that might still go. 

It could be a fascinating few weeks if things get moving. 

It's not so much that if they stay here they are of no use to us but more the actions we need to take to move them on, that might not be the most cordial and diplomatic way but if it gets them gone in a time where we are financially snookered then as hard nosed businessmen you do it and it's never personal.

On 21/07/2022 at 17:12, Nalis said:

Random one - who was the last to score at Filbert Street and the first to score at the KP?

I vaguely recall Matty Piper being one or the other but not 100%.

Dickov?

Deane scored the first goal at Filbert Way, he got two in fact I think. Dunno who got the other against Spurs at Filbert Street.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Dickov?

Deane scored the first goal at Filbert Way, he got two in fact I think. Dunno who got the other against Spurs at Filbert Street.

Dickov 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Pretty poor that. Really are some thick twats in our fanbase arent there

They are in every fanbase, its representative of society in general, sadly.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Heard this on sat and at forest away and I find this "cloughies in a box" bollocks very confusing. He died 20 years ago and was about 70 when he died. 

Old man dies, Where's the insult in that? That's what happens to us all we get old (hopefully) and we die. Its like away fans coming to the king power and singing "sep smiths in a box". 

The only person this weird chant insults is ourselves  as we end up looking like a load of think ******. 

Well as Seps Smiths great nephew, who was at his funeral,  I would be mightily pissed off.  What is so good or so funny about singing about the death of someone, whoever it is. There is no need for it. Are the fans singing this OK with fans taking delight and singing about Vichais death??

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well as Seps Smiths great nephew, who was at his funeral,  I would be mightily pissed off.  What is so good or so funny about singing about the death of someone, whoever it is. There is no need for it. Are you OK with fans taking delight and singing about Vichais death??

I think you miss understand my post. I was condeming it as pointless not praising it. 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I think you miss understand my post. I was condeming it as pointless not praising it. 

I did, and have edited my previous post to reflect that.  I saw the bit about "Where's the insult in that", and "Sep Smith in a box", and didn't read your final bit condemning it. My apologies.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Re fan behaviour, the proportion of fans acting like Neanderthals seems to have increased, although maybe I'm just noticing it more. Some pretty grim moments last season. 

I noticed it first game I went back Wycombe away and continued all year. Groups of ropey looking 19 year olds booing players taking the knee and being repugnant entire game. Felt like there is generation that missed out on two years of learning how to follow football properly 

• Like 2