Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

40 minutes ago, eblair said:

I noticed it first game I went back Wycombe away and continued all year. Groups of ropey looking 19 year olds booing players taking the knee and being repugnant entire game. Felt like there is generation that missed out on two years of learning how to follow football properly 

Our ‘fans’ smashing up independent restaurants in Nottingham full of families last year was an absolute low. Not only were they full of families but some of those bars and restaurants had only just started recovering post covid. Pathetic behaviour. 

1 hour ago, eblair said:

I noticed it first game I went back Wycombe away and continued all year. Groups of ropey looking 19 year olds booing players taking the knee and being repugnant entire game. Felt like there is generation that missed out on two years of learning how to follow football properly 

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Our ‘fans’ smashing up independent restaurants in Nottingham full of families last year was an absolute low. Not only were they full of families but some of those bars and restaurants had only just started recovering post covid. Pathetic behaviour. 

No wonder other fans call us Tory voters. The hate and racism comes from the top of the country. 

2 hours ago, eblair said:

They never had to suffer the 70s hooligans and the consequences we now have to endure because of that will seem normal to them, maybe they should look at how fans of other sports are treated to see what it could be like.

Sadly they think it's just fun and banter which they're happy to dish out but can't take so resort to violence it's like groundhog day or deja vu.

All they are doing is making going to a football match even more controlled and policed and less enjoyable.

• Like 2

Our fans say something about Clough, their fans say something about Vichai, everyone acts outraged and then it's forgotten until the next time. Find it funny that the generations that actually went up and down the country bashing each others heads in throughout the 70s and 80s are now the one's on their high horses :giggle:

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

I doubt they are the same people, I'm certainly not, my kids match attendance was ruined by those cretins and I'm very happy to get on my high horse about it as I can see the same thing happening to today's kids.

You carry on lauding and excusing these twats and I'll carry on moaning about them,

I'm not excusing anything cheers :schmike:

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not excusing anything cheers :schmike:

You certainly seem to underestimate the feelings of those affected back then. I just don't like you assuming that as one that is moaning was part of that. When you've tried to find a place to hide with your young daughter or son in the face of marauding hooligans bent on hurting anyone they see you'd understand how i feel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

I doubt they are the same people, I'm certainly not, my kids match attendance was ruined by those cretins and I'm very happy to get on my high horse about it as I can see the same thing happening to today's kids.

You carry on lauding and excusing these twats and I'll carry on moaning about them,

My wife went to games when she was a little girl...and then she didn't. Her family stopped going because of the "match day experience." There is a certain segment of the fan base that prides itself of "having supported the club when no one else was going" in the 80s, as if "no one was going" was happening in a vacuum. 

When people complain about how football violence and other antisocial behaviours are treated "disproportionately", I just think about forest fires -- you got to destroy that last bit of flame or else it will just blow up again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Smashing up??? Leicester fans was walking past going somewhere diffrent. As walking past forest fans CAME OUT THE RESTRAUNT AND THREW BOTTLES. Said this many times they dont come out that wouldnt of happened

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Smashing up??? Leicester fans was walking past going somewhere diffrent. As walking past forest fans CAME OUT THE RESTRAUNT AND THREW BOTTLES. Said this many times they dont come out that wouldnt of happened

So? If I'm eating lunch and some yokel throws a bottle from the door then it is fair game on the restaurant? 

What inane logic. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Or they could just walk away and ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, smudger63 said:

There is banter, and then there is being completely out of order.  This is sick and embarrassing, and sadly will be seen by some as a reflection of our fan base in general, which of course its not.  Given what happened to our late chairman, I would expect better from fans of our club. If this was anyone on this forum, then take a long good look at yourselves, and sort your shit out!

"banter" is witty and funny and has a certain amount of intelligence behind it, slagging someone/team off and calling it banter is just retarded.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

100% this. Never caused  or involved in trouble. 

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The proportion involved in violence in the 70s and 80s was far, far higher than it is today. :thumbup:

But as mentioned by davieG those of us berating the idiotic chanting at Derby are not the same people involved in football violence in 70s and 80s. We were sick of the nutters then too. You are in danger of falling into the trap that all football fans then were hooligans. This was the common opinion of those that watched the news or read the papers back then. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The proportion involved in violence in the 70s and 80s was far, far higher than it is today. :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

But as mentioned by davieG those of us berating the idiotic chanting at Derby are not the same people involved in football violence in 70s and 80s. We were sick of the nutters then too. You are in danger of falling into the trap that all football fans then were hooligans. This was the common opinion of those that watched the news or read the papers back then. 

The problem is that hooliganism and other anti-social behaviour drives away other fans, thus increasing the percentage of match-going fans who engage in anti-social behaviour while at the same time making clubs more dependent on the income from the anti-social fans. It was a vicious cycle in the 80s. 

I think of some of the very rose-colored reminiscing of the "old days" and always react: And if I was there with my grade-school age sons?? "Yeah, we used to urinate through rolled up programmes on the terraces!" "We gave them a spot of trouble that day!" Well, thank you, but not my cup of tea.

I think I'd rather put up with the 70s and 80s hooligans than the shit we see now lol 

Every single fan base in this country as an element who are embarrassing one way or another. Posturing, smashing things up for no reason, attention-seeking chants, unable to hold their drink or go unnecessarily over the top for a 'laugh' and just generally be unlikable *****. Probably just me getting old but its a reflection on wider society and happens in football, darts and even starting to come into cricket. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The problem is that hooliganism and other anti-social behaviour drives away other fans, thus increasing the percentage of match-going fans who engage in anti-social behaviour while at the same time making clubs more dependent on the income from the anti-social fans. It was a vicious cycle in the 80s. 

I think of some of the very rose-colored reminiscing of the "old days" and always react: And if I was there with my grade-school age sons?? "Yeah, we used to urinate through rolled up programmes on the terraces!" "We gave them a spot of trouble that day!" Well, thank you, but not my cup of tea.

Good points. No doubt one of the reasons attendances fell through the floor in the 80s. The stadiums were in the main poor. Loved the football but you had to use your loaf when going to and from etc. Witty  good humoured is good but singing about a death is moronic. 

16 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think I'd rather put up with the 70s and 80s hooligans than the shit we see now lol 

Every single fan base in this country as an element who are embarrassing one way or another. Posturing, smashing things up for no reason, attention-seeking chants, unable to hold their drink or go unnecessarily over the top for a 'laugh' and just generally be unlikable *****. Probably just me getting old but its a reflection on wider society and happens in football, darts and even starting to come into cricket. 

Social media and the ability to just film everything has part to play in the shit in society we see now.

• Like 1

This ape thinks we’re going to get relegated because we’ll sell our best players and won't bother to replace them

Football365 look down on other football media outlets and 80% of their output is just as stupid.

Edited by Stadt
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2