Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This ape things we’re going to get relegated because we’ll sell our best players and don’t bother to replace them

Football365 look down on other football media outlets and 80% of their output is just as stupid.

I'm going to bite.

He's done his research to be fair (probably from Foxestalk) but come out with a silly conclusion. Does he honestly think we'll sell our highest wage earner and 3 of our best players just to buy no-one?

It's like he was stuck trying to find a 3rd team to relegate and went for us by way of throwing in a shock. Forest being 12th is a shock too of course but not on the same scale as us going down.

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This ape things we’re going to get relegated because we’ll sell our best players and don’t bother to replace them

Football365 look down on other football media outlets and 80% of their output is just as stupid.

What a clueless idiot!!

Im gutted I’ve added to the viewing stats for that rubbish!

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I'm going to bite.

He's done his research to be fair (probably from Foxestalk) but come out with a silly conclusion. Does he honestly think we'll sell our highest wage earner and 3 of our best players just to buy no-one?

It's like he was stuck trying to find a 3rd team to relegate and went for us by way of throwing in a shock. Forest being 12th is a shock too of course but not on the same scale as us going down.

It doesn't strike me as engagement bait but even the most pessimistic Leicester fan wouldn't come up with a scenario where we sell everybody and don't replace them adequately/at all. He says our squad is ageing, when actually it's only 3 players and one of them is going anyway. His argument is predicated on "If Rodgers’ patience snaps", what does that even mean?

There wasn't any mention of our underlying metrics being terrible, our set piece and injury issues - they're the reasons we could have a small chance of relegation not that we'll just sell everyone.

Claiming Forest will finish 12th and Leicester will be in a relegation scrap just looks like juvenile baiting on Durham / Agbonlahor levels. 

He's even picked an image of Lingard in Forest clobber as the headline image. 

I'm assuming he's either an actual Forest fan, trolling for reactions or both. Who cares? 

Be be fair If we did lose Fofana and Maddison in august we will probably struggle to stay up, but that is very very very unlikely to happen but if It did we’d be screwed which is why it won’t/cannot happen. Regarding next summer losing most of those out of contract is a good thing as we can plan for next summer now( or when it is obvious we won’t be in any relegation scrap) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

This ape thinks we’re going to get relegated because we’ll sell our best players and won't bother to replace them

He's really good with football stuff is Ian King but he's written some cack about Leicester before, so must be some long standing beef there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

There's about a 0.001% chance of that happening.

If Guardiola was arrested for murdering somebody with an axe, Haaland retired to a buddhist retreat and everybody else at Man City instantly had instant onset extreme osteoporosis they'd struggle to stay up too.

Hopefully they'd still finish above Forest.

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There's about a 0.001% chance of that happening.

If Guardiola was arrested for murdering somebody with an axe, Haaland retired to a buddhist retreat and everybody else at Man City had instant onset extreme osteoporosis they'd struggle to stay up too.

If both play as well as I hope and expect they will, I'd say it's very realistic we'd have a lot of interest in the two of them and could well be in a position where we'd be willing to shift both for an an absurd amount of money. I'm talking 150 million plus, for the pair.

There's every chance that next summer we've got a massive bucket of cash and a half empty squad. Give the money to @Ric Flair and let me have a team comprised mainly of 18-22 year old attack minded players :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

A bit of neutral sense

I do rate Darren Bent, talks sense on the whole not OTT & opinionated for opinionated sake like some of them! Not a lot of talksport fans on here i don't think..but him and Goldstein are a good duo:schmike:

• Like 1

I’ve always liked Darren Bent. He talks a lot of sense mostly. He doesn’t say things just to get call volumes up. We have no reason to panic and he’s clearly pointed that out. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BWRL said:

I do rate Darren Bent, talks sense on the whole not OTT & opinionated for opinionated sake like some of them! Not a lot of talksport fans on here i don't think..but him and Goldstein are a good duo:schmike:

I've not listened regularly for a while in fairness but Darren Bent does seem alright on the whole. Hilarious that he's an Arsenal fan.

I used to like the evening shows a lot more. Definitely a lot less baiting and more rational. Hugh Woozencroft was very good.

The Trans Europe Express with Danny Kelly and Andy Brassel is a superb listen as well. Not sure if they still broadcast On the Sporting Couch as well but I believe that's an independent podcast. I used to do a fair bit of driving on Sunday evenings so used to tune in to those two shows regularly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I've not listened regularly for a while in fairness but Darren Bent does seem alright on the whole. Hilarious that he's an Arsenal fan.

I used to like the evening shows a lot more. Definitely a lot less baiting and more rational. Hugh Woozencroft was very good.

The Trans Europe Express with Danny Kelly and Andy Brassel is a superb listen as well. Not sure if they still broadcast On the Sporting Couch as well but I believe that's an independent podcast. I used to do a fair bit of driving on Sunday evenings so used to tune in to those two shows regularly.

I enjoy Trans Europe Express too, entertaining and informative. Its oddly the complete opposite of the clickbait nature of Durham and co.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What's going on? Usually TalkSport talk absolute rubbish about us

It’s because we’re going back into our box. That plus it goes against the grain and gets more hits and views 

1 hour ago, BWRL said:

Do you know why Darren Bent talks sense, because he does his job, and takes an interest in whats going on at all the clubs, rather than only having an interest in what the big 6 are doing. 

Alot of the pundits, are going on about us having no money, there must be something very wrong at Leicester, has the Leicester City bubble burst, and so on, but thats because they can`t be bothered to really look at the facts of the situation.

They dont really have an interest in us, they are lazy and so dont bother to do the research. They would rather turn the story to what suits them, its easier than looking into whats really happening, and to be honest, it would be a bigger and more interesting story for them, if the club was in trouble, and were in a relegation fight this season.  

There are plenty out there, opposing fans and pundits, who would be quite happy to see Leicester get back in their box, and go back to being a yo yo club, and a make up the numbers club, while in the premier league too.

We have put quite a few noses out in recent seasons.  

• Like 3

Our squad is still very good. I mean if you look at teams outside of the top 2 and their signings, very few would significantly improve us. Take Forest who seem to be spending a very high amount. How many of their signings would really appeal to us ? Perhaps Henderson ? Newcastle - they've signed a decent defender but I dont think he is even close to Fofana. 

Keeping these lot together is great and we will still probably sign 1,2 maybe even 3 before the end of the window. The numpties who are saying we will be relegated or fighting relegation and then in the next breathe selling our players to every other team gives you an indication of what they are about. 

Its not an ideal situation and we should've taken steps to avoid this. However, its not all doom and gloom. I cant believe we finished 8th last year given some of the errors and more importantly, the injuries. But we did and a fitter squad makes us a very good team, again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

That plus it goes against the grain and gets more hits and views

1000% this. Agbonlahor is gunning hard for Durham's crown as talksport's top troll. 

Whatever conventional opinion is trending on social media he'll just say the opposite and the phone lines will buzz. 

There's obviously a lot of Leicester fans having kittens because we've not signed anyone and he's just baiting them. This "criticism" he's talking about, what criticism, where's it coming from? Most mainstream football pundits are talking about the Euros, the big six pre season friendlies, where Ronaldo is going, Barcelona signing half the planet and Chelsea's centre back targets. Nobody is talking about Leicester much at all. 

The "criticism" he's talking about is coming from our fans, the people he wants to make his living off baiting. 

• Like 2

Last season the talk was that outside of our first 11 the squad didn't have enough quality/strength in depth. And that things had gotten stale under Rodgers and we needed a bit of refresh.

Now it looks like we're making little to no signings, whilst potentially losing Schmeichel, Tielemans, Lookman and yet the general sentiment is that we'll be alright and have a great squad. 

It can't be both surely?