Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

9 hours ago, Filberts lovechild said:

If Leicester win their opening fixture and Leeds lose; Leicester move above them in the all time PL table. Moving from 13th to 12th

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

'.......you'll never sing that!'

You might laugh but it's another good marker to show the clubs performance during the 30 years of the Premier League era. I'd like to see us eventually break into the top 10 as historically it gives us a decent indicator of the clubs status. It will take a long time granted. 

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-league/all-time-premier-league/all-time-premier-league-table/

Also enjoying being the 6th most successful club (trophies won) in the same era. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spudulike said:

You might laugh but it's another good marker to show the clubs performance during the 30 years of the Premier League era. I'd like to see us eventually break into the top 10 as historically it gives us a decent indicator of the clubs status. It will take a long time granted. 

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-league/all-time-premier-league/all-time-premier-league-table/

Also enjoying being the 6th most successful club (trophies won) in the same era. 

I agree, absolutely. I just saw the opportunity for some levity :) 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hopefully we can sustain our trajectory over the coming years.

Also it should be recognised that we have won quite a few trophies since the start of the PL era. Some of the clubs above us in the all time PL table have won none.

17 hours ago, Captain... said:

No punters think 16-1 is good odds and worth a speculative bet. You can guarantee there is a lot more money placed on Forest, Bournemouth, Fulham etc. It is going to be mainly people chucking £2-£10 on a punt. 

We also have a tough start so there's a good chance we'll be bottom half after 5 games odds will shorten so chance for a quick cash out. 

Absolutely this, at the start of every season I put a tenner on the winner of the Championship, League One, League Two and the National League.

I always look down the list and pick teams that are between 9 and 15/1 - the pay out is huge if it comes in - it never has, though I did get three out of four one year.

It’s a bit of fun, and I don’t really do any research, just someone who is a good price. It would be easy to pick the favourites, but now I’ve got a team to follow in each of the divisions for the year.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolutely this, at the start of every season I put a tenner on the winner of the Championship, League One, League Two and the National League.

I always look down the list and pick teams that are between 9 and 15/1 - the pay out is huge if it comes in - it never has, though I did get three out of four one year.

It’s a bit of fun, and I don’t really do any research, just someone who is a good price. It would be easy to pick the favourites, but now I’ve got a team to follow in each of the divisions for the year.

I do the same (But include the Premier League), but you just reminded me that i haven't done it yet this season! Who have you gone for this season?

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

I do the same (But include the Premier League), but you just reminded me that i haven't done it yet this season! Who have you gone for this season?

I used to include the PL but realistically, it’s down to two teams at really short odds and it put me off a bit.

This year I’ve gone Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Mansfield and Notts County.     None are favourites, but all have an outside chance I think!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I used to include the PL but realistically, it’s down to two teams at really short odds and it put me off a bit.

This year I’ve gone Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Mansfield and Notts County.     None are favourites, but all have an outside chance I think!

I've just done mine, Had to go with Man City and Wrexham - The only other realistic competition in the Premier League is still Liverpool, and Wrexham are so far ahead of everyone else in the National League that it seemed silly to bet against them, Then i've gone with Middlesborough, Derby (Felt dirty doing that) and Salford

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxdiamond said:

See not all Talksport pundits are obsessed with the usual suspects. Both Gabby A and Stuart Pearce chose our title win as standout from 30 years of Premier League 

Pearce saying that will probably piss off a lot of Notts Forest fans. 

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

matching or beating owen would be hilarious

If he can somehow eke out two more 15 goal seasons (31 goals total), he'll pip Robbie Fowler and Jermaine Defoe into 8th.

I'd like that to be his goal before he hangs up the boots - knocking Owen off would be hilarious, but realistically he's going to end up getting pipped by Salah (120 goals, 30 years old) before the latter is finished. Get into the top 8 and he's pretty much safe in the history books for decades.

I was worried that Lukaku was gonna do the same, but then memes happened. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

If he can somehow eke out two more 15 goal seasons (31 goals total), he'll pip Robbie Fowler and Jermaine Defoe into 8th.

I'd like that to be his goal before he hangs up the boots - knocking Owen off would be hilarious, but realistically he's going to end up getting pipped by Salah (120 goals, 30 years old) before the latter is finished. Get into the top 8 and he's pretty much safe in the history books for decades.

I was worried that Lukaku was gonna do the same, but then memes happened. lol

Sterling will reach it as well you’d think 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Anyone else already sick of the Forest love-in on East Midlands today? Their preview slot was like some nauseating Disney movie whilst ours was more like a Hammer Horror! 

Forest have came up and spent about a £100m as a newly promoted team, whilst  we’ve spent the square root of **** all. Then two of our better players are injured as well, it’s to be expected.