Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

3 hours ago, Manini said:

Already interested to see what we’re welcomed with when we visit. My guess would be something Shilton or MoN related. 

Thing is neither would hurt. Particularly given Shilton is now an utter plonker who didn’t achieve much at Leicester.

MoN doesn’t have the origin link to Leicester whilst he was actually part of their greatest success; Morgan got better with us - went from local hero to actual champion. 

Be some reference to history. Or champions of Europe. The thing is with Forest, they are a rent mob modern club as the rest of us now. That ain’t changing - sold themselves down the river twice with an owner throwing dosh and falling for it. It’s a cling on for relevance - exactly like their games v Derby. Of course, the part about our rivalry with them is it very much makes them relevant for the day

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

So many salty Forest fans in the UFS twitter mentions still.

Can we have our very own sad ‘Forestzoe’ who can collate them in a thread? I’m bricked up at the thought 

35 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They do make me laugh. The only ‘argument’ they have is about the quality. They dare not actually mention what it shows. Simply superb 

Perhaps because they didn't get it? They hear the World Famous City Ground announcement and just believe it. Some clearly show a lack of understanding or self awareness not realising we are taking the piss. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Perhaps because they didn't get it? They hear the World Famous City Ground announcement and just believe it. Some clearly show a lack of understanding or self awareness not realising we are taking the piss. 

If they didn't get it (most will have done), then some neutrals who've been in the away end there certainly did. I've seen comments from Villa, Palace etc about it since Monday. Just shows it ain't just us being chippy about it, as Forest would like to think.

6 hours ago, Yes said:

Because to them they really are world famous, it’s not like when West Ham call themselves massive for a joke, these lot just wholeheartedly believe it, while we’ve only done it to take the piss we’ve actually got more of a claim to the world famous tag than they do but they’re not self aware enough to get that.

Best answer of the year. Nailed it. They actually believe you could go to timbuktu and 25 year old local nomadic shepherds will be toasting Brian Clough. 

Yet, absurdly, there actually is a realistic chance that those same shepherds may have heard of Jamie Vardy, yet we won't and don't bang on about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Yes they absolutely dont get it. Huge collective blind spot which makes it even funnier. 

6 hours ago, Yes said:

Because to them they really are world famous, it’s not like when West Ham call themselves massive for a joke, these lot just wholeheartedly believe it, while we’ve only done it to take the piss we’ve actually got more of a claim to the world famous tag than they do but they’re not self aware enough to get that.

To be fair West Ham are closer to being massive than the world famous city ground. One it is definitely not world famous and two the place is falling apart. It’s more like an old race course. And singing about it to Mull of Kintyre  is a further embarrassment. They are just a bizarre bunch irrespective of any rivalry 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Yes said:

Ask any football fan in the world to name the first 10 football clubs from England that come to their head. Leicester would be one of them, and Forest wouldn't. Case dismissed. 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 19:57, CosbehFox said:

Also the difference between our games v Forest to Derby’s games against them. 

Our games vs them are very much a city v city thing. I’d honestly say the spark of rivalry/hatred comes from how regional press used to be. But both cities operate on their own axis - economically and corporately. You wouldn’t see Nottingham produced beer in a Leicester pub. There’s very little collective regionalism. Leicester is Leicester and the county keeps itself to itself (and Rutland). 

Derby and Nottingham in that sense just merges. It works as the same hub. Places like Ilkeston, Heanor, Eastwood - wouldn’t be able to call them as to their county. It just blurs into one. 

Our hatred of Notts Forest comes from the self appointed view that it’s the city for the region and its not been that clear for my lifetime. 

In my time, Leicester councils trundled the city into a dump & were uncreative.

Turning down trams,then sport & evening venues...clubs,theaters etc

Destroyed world famous Leicester Market, & dwindled behind others on

Shopping areas.

Nottingham seemed to embrace it's modernisation & invested....

A night/weekend out in Nottingham became to be far more attractive.

Still hate the club,rivalry with them & Arsenal sits deep. Though love/hate/respect when cloughie was their manager...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Some of those Forest replies include tifos that are just printouts of photos. What's the point in that? Some sort of element of design would make them unique.

In fairness, one or two of theirs look decent but most have no soul or spirit about them.

I'd much rather have ours. Keep up the great work :appl::scarf:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think my favourite bit of football banter in the modern game is their ridiculous forced Don't Care About Leicester shtick. It's so brilliantly unintentionally funny. 

An absolute paradox. If you have to tell everyone you don't care THAT much, you really fvcking care and THE most ironic part of all is that we don't really care that much. 

Like to us it's just, yknow, a local game against a local team like any other local rivalry in the sport. 

But they've gone so far as to make it this huge weird thing with its own narrative and significance where they're forced to admit they like hanging out with their SUPPOSED biggest rivals more than us. lol

Every layer of it makes it funnier and funnier. 

I believe as the kids say, we live in their heads rent fvcking free. 

I often wonder if there is precedent for this anywhere else. Would Man Utd fans sing to Man City that they only care about Liverpool, for example, or Newcastle sing about their rivalry with Sunderland to Middlesbrough fans? 

I could understand it more if we were a lower division club and they were both in the PL. It’s not much of an insult to sing about an exclusive rivalry with a club who we’ve comfortably outperformed for more than 30 years and are currently in the 3rd tier is it? 

For whatever bizarre reason their rivalry with Derby defines them as fans. To us they’re just geographically close by clubs we want to beat. We don’t want to “force” a rivalry because we’re not defined by it. I think that’s what they don’t understand. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

The dissonance they go through as fanbase is hilarious. Half of them go on about how they only hate Derby; the other half bang on about how Notts County, Sheff United, Mansfield, Leeds, Liverpool etc are bigger games than us.

If they admitted they didn’t like us but Derby’s their biggest game, we’d all be like oh - the gig is done?

They’re just odd. Midlands Liverpool. 

Had one on Facebook just give it the, it's only a rivalry in your head because I mentioned on what I doubt is Tillyslol page that it was a job well done thrashing the Trees.

I just replied, no rivalry, I just want to see you relegated and never have to bother playing you again, would much prefer Derby or Cov back in the league:thumbup: