Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Iheanacho AND Kel? 

lol dammit.

Err... I mean yeah.... Iheanacho is the one that couldn't trap a bag of sand and Kel is the one that bangs in goals and sets them up with equal aplomb. Our very own Jekyll and Hyde :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

To be strictly accurate, it's probably fairer to say "many, or even most, Cup Finals are decided on a single moment"  (rather than pretty much all)

Since the Premier League era started (yes I know football didn't start then) ... in the last 30 years ie 60 domestic FA and League Cup finals.

34 have been decided by one goal.

17 have been settled by more than one goal

9 went to penalties

Whether or not the penalty shootouts were "close" (ie decided on one kick or one save), it shows that quite a few final were still "comfortable" wins ie not by a single goal.

I'm not disagreeing with your main point, btw.

I'm not disagreeing, but what I meant is certain aspects of Cup finals are remembered/the stand out moment.

If you think of FA Cup finals you just think of the big moments. Whether it be Ricky Villa for Spurs, Ian Porterfield for Sunderland, Steven Gerrard for Liverpool.  Youri's goal and Kasper's save are examples of that. Nobody remembers anything else and that was my point. I remember after we won it someone at work trying to tell me Chelsea battered us, but does it matter? Nobody remembers.

Edited by Fox92

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-wolves-premier-league-7738576

Daily Mail
There's mutiny in the air at Molineux, but breathing space for Brendan Rodgers after Leicester City gave Wolves a brutal lesson in finishing

A second win in four days – and first away from home this season – saw Leicester move off the foot of the Premier League table and up to 16th place. Wolves, on the other hand, sank to second from bottom and deeper into crisis after a third defeat in four games under caretaker boss Steve Davis.

If Wolves have rather stumbled through the managerial minefield that is the Midlands right now, Leicester are reaping the benefit of sticking by Rodgers during a rocky spell. They look more like their old selves, and Rodgers like a manager who is no longer glancing nervously over his shoulder.

Independent
Clinical Leicester ran riot to climb out of the drop zone, and plunge Wolves into turmoil as Molineux threatened to turn toxic.

Youri Tielemans’ brilliant opener set the Foxes on the way to a rampant 4-0 win and their first away victory of the season. Harvey Barnes, James Maddison and Jamie Vardy also struck as the Foxes scored with their first four shots.

Bottom of the Premier League at the start of the day, Leicester end it out of the drop zone – and two points clear – after crucial back-to-back wins. Brendan Rodgers had warned of the harsh realities the season would bring after Leicester failed to significantly strengthen in the summer, but the Foxes are now upwardly mobile after three wins from five games.

Telegraph
Seventy miles separate the Midlands cities of Wolverhampton and Leicester, but the destination of their football teams look worlds apart after this

Just 12 games into the season, managerless Wolverhampton Wanderers already look like relegation fodder. Unable to score – their record of five goals is the worst in all four divisions – and now seemingly unable to defend after this inept capitulation, they look doomed.

Leicester, who started the game on the same points, climbed out of the relegation zone with their third victory in five games and look miles ahead of their rivals.

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-wolves-premier-league-7738576

Daily Mail
There's mutiny in the air at Molineux, but breathing space for Brendan Rodgers after Leicester City gave Wolves a brutal lesson in finishing

A second win in four days – and first away from home this season – saw Leicester move off the foot of the Premier League table and up to 16th place. Wolves, on the other hand, sank to second from bottom and deeper into crisis after a third defeat in four games under caretaker boss Steve Davis.

If Wolves have rather stumbled through the managerial minefield that is the Midlands right now, Leicester are reaping the benefit of sticking by Rodgers during a rocky spell. They look more like their old selves, and Rodgers like a manager who is no longer glancing nervously over his shoulder.

Independent
Clinical Leicester ran riot to climb out of the drop zone, and plunge Wolves into turmoil as Molineux threatened to turn toxic.

Youri Tielemans’ brilliant opener set the Foxes on the way to a rampant 4-0 win and their first away victory of the season. Harvey Barnes, James Maddison and Jamie Vardy also struck as the Foxes scored with their first four shots.

Bottom of the Premier League at the start of the day, Leicester end it out of the drop zone – and two points clear – after crucial back-to-back wins. Brendan Rodgers had warned of the harsh realities the season would bring after Leicester failed to significantly strengthen in the summer, but the Foxes are now upwardly mobile after three wins from five games.

Telegraph
Seventy miles separate the Midlands cities of Wolverhampton and Leicester, but the destination of their football teams look worlds apart after this

Just 12 games into the season, managerless Wolverhampton Wanderers already look like relegation fodder. Unable to score – their record of five goals is the worst in all four divisions – and now seemingly unable to defend after this inept capitulation, they look doomed.

Leicester, who started the game on the same points, climbed out of the relegation zone with their third victory in five games and look miles ahead of their rivals.

No way is it 70 miles from Leicester to Wolverhampton.

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

No way is it 70 miles from Leicester to Wolverhampton.

Yeah I thought that.

Hmm between 53 and 60 depending on the route according to google maps

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Tried to put this in one of the 2015/16 threads but it seems they have all been archived and closed for further replies. 

I have always said, no matter what Mahrez achieves, he will always be remembered for Leicester. He could've embraced it, but instead chaffed against it.

(I get it, tbf. We are always 12 to our parents, and I alone among my siblings chaffed against it: Moved across an ocean, in fact!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Riyad! I love him, always will. Always had me on the edge of my seat (as they say) and not many of our players have done that on such a consistent basis. It's what football is all about. Great great player.

Great player technically, a magician at times, but I would rather have Keith Weller in my team over him every day of the week, and twice on a Sunday. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Great player technically, a magician at times, but I would rather have Keith Weller in my team over him every day of the week, and twice on a Sunday. 

What makes you say that? I'm not disagreeing as Weller was before my time but be interesting to hear why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What makes you say that? I'm not disagreeing as Weller was before my time but be interesting to hear why.

Technically Mahrez is right up there, but Weller was electric, so exciting to watch.  I feel privelleged to have seen him play.  Absolute Legend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Tried to put this in one of the 2015/16 threads but it seems they have all been archived and closed for further replies. 

Only me that feels weird this content is produced by Man City and not us?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Only me that feels weird this content is produced by Man City and not us?

I'm sure some of that is Leicesters footage. The Wes Morgan stuff for example, I've seen the club release stuff with him in that room and I'm pretty sure wearing the same clothes. It's possibly cuts from our own films or Man City have asked us to get it whilst we're filming our own.

16 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Weller was my boyhood hero but even I’ll admit he was inconsistent. Great player but to say he was better than Mahrez is stretching it a bit.