Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Always bugs me when insane wingers like Mahrez are essentially downplayed by simpletons as someone you can just "show them on their weaker foot" because "you know what they're gonna do" – Robben always got it n all. If it was that easy to stop they wouldn't be consistently competing at the highest possible level for such sustained periods.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Always bugs me when insane wingers like Mahrez are essentially downplayed by simpletons as someone you can just "show them on their weaker foot" because "you know what they're gonna do" – Robben always got it n all. If it was that easy to stop they wouldn't be consistently competing at the highest possible level for such sustained periods.

Otamendi showed him on his week foot and we know how that ended. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Hope he gets 100 PL goals, on 79 atm. He's 32 next month so depends on how long he sticks around at Man City for. I think he'll just fall short unfortunately.

Was thinking the same, he probably needs another couple of seasons after this one.

The romantic in me would love him to come back for his swansong and play a season or 2 here, but never going to happen.

If we could have built a better team abound him and Vardy, we would have had more trophies in the bank.

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Was thinking the same, he probably needs another couple of seasons after this one.

The romantic in me would love him to come back for his swansong and play a season or 2 here, but never going to happen.

If we could have built a better team abound him and Vardy, we would have had more trophies in the bank.

Mahrez was too good to keep hold of, crucially he was 27 by the time he left too so he absolutely had to get his big move by then. At 28 or 29 no elite club is dropping £60m on him.

We managed to get an additional year out of him, we never expected that 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If we’d kept Kante i’m pretty confident we’d have pushed high up the table the season after we won the title.

Although Ranieri did lose the plot behind the scenes 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's mad. Leicester fans never fully appreciated him and neither do Man City fans. Even his own supporters perpetually under rate him. He's absurd. 

Christ, remember when Algeria fans would come on here and tell us Sofiane Ferghouli (sp?) was better than him? 

He 100% does. There might be better dribbles, passers, finishers, whatever. But he absolutely has the best first touch in the sport and always has. 

It’s crazy as soon as you see the centre mid open his body up to switch it out to Mahrez on the right, you know exactly what’s coming. Deftest touch you’ve ever seen and bang, straight at the full back. 

Then, feint inside or cut onto his right foot, equally as effective. 

He’s ****ing quality. One random bit of Mahrez skill I enjoyed on Sunday v Chelsea is when he was 1v1 with Chelsea’s young lad Hall. Mahrez just lured him in by the touch line, a few close touches and bang went by him. No pace needed, just impeccable ball control and timing

• Like 2

Still not sure how he wasn't picked up by anyone before us. I remember watching him for us in the championship and had never seen anything like it in a Leicester shirt, the first time you see his touch, "that must have been a fluke". Best first touch in the game.

My favourite goal will always be the one against Man City at their gaff in 15/16, always the one that sticks out in my mind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Still not sure how he wasn't picked up by anyone before us. I remember watching him for us in the championship and had never seen anything like it in a Leicester shirt, the first time you see his touch, "that must have been a fluke". Best first touch in the game.

My favourite goal will always be the one against Man City at their gaff in 15/16, always the one that sticks out in my mind.

His Blackpool goal will always be special 

11 minutes ago, tylesta said:

His Blackpool goal will always be special 

That Blackpool goal and the Chelsea ones are the other 2 that come immediately to mind :D

I think the Blackpool goal was when I started telling mates we might have a special player on our hands.

Edited by filbertway

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Terrific goal. The equaliser home to Spurs was tasty too.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

That Blackpool goal and the Chelsea ones are the other 2 that come immediately to mind :D

I think the Blackpool goal was when I started telling mates we might have a special player on our hands.

That assist against Man City where he laid off a long ball from Fuchs first time into Vardy's run through is goal of the season stuff. Unfortunately it always goes to the long range strikes when skill like that is rarely seen whereas long range strikes happen most weekends.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

That assist against Man City where he laid off a long ball from Fuchs first time into Vardy's run through is goal of the season stuff. Unfortunately it always goes to the long range strikes when skill like that is rarely seen whereas long range strikes happen most weekends.

One of the best passes I've ever seen. Filthy!

• Like 2